|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victor consider censorship in the third grade?
(a) When he is asked to return to his desk and be quiet after talking about life on the reservation.
(b) When his drawing is confiscated.
(c) When a story he writes about his family life is taken away.
(d) When his comic book is taken away.
2. Who assists Victor and his companion with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A stranger.
(c) Another friend.
(d) A carny.
3. How does Victor convince the person to assist him with the incident with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(a) He says that Dirty Joe should be punnished.
(b) He says that Dirty Joe is communicating with dead ancestors.
(c) He says that the situation is a public safety concern.
(d) He says that Indians have no problems with gravity.
4. Why is Victor punishing Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(a) For his drunkeness.
(b) For threatening people.
(c) For promoting negative stereotypes of Indian people.
(d) For being offensive to his mother.
5. What is Dirty Joe's condition at the carnival?
(a) He is delusional.
(b) He is belligerent.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Victor and his companion's initial thoughts on what to do with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
2. What happens to Victor in the first grade?
3. Why does Victor take James to the doctor when he is a baby?
4. Who is with Victor when they see Dirty Joe at the carnival?
5. What does Victor talk about during his high school years?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)