|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Victor and his companion's initial thoughts on what to do with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(a) To take him home.
(b) To fight with him.
(c) To leave him.
(d) To call the police.
2. What do Victor and his companion eventually do with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(a) They give him some money.
(b) They put him on a roller coaster.
(c) They chain him to a post.
(d) They put a woman's hat and makeup on him.
3. Why does Victor take baby James home to take care of him?
(a) Because there are no immediate relatives.
(b) Because he is the baby's father.
(c) Because he ends up on welfare anyway.
(d) Because he is friends with the baby's father.
4. What happens to Victor in the first grade?
(a) He is teased by bullies.
(b) He is placed in the back of the classroom and ignored.
(c) He is put in the lowest reading group.
(d) He is repeatedly asked to go to the principal's office for disruptive behavior.
5. Why does baby James have a dent in his head?
(a) His doctor uses forceps during his birth.
(b) He is thrown out of a window.
(c) He is accidentally dropped.
(d) He has a rare birth defect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Dirty Joe during the incident at the carnival?
2. What do onlookers do when they see Dirty Joe at the carnival?
3. What does Victor talk about during his high school years?
4. When does Victor have his first experiences with drugs?
5. What is Dirty Joe's condition at the carnival?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)