|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victor consider censorship in the third grade?
(a) When a story he writes about his family life is taken away.
(b) When he is asked to return to his desk and be quiet after talking about life on the reservation.
(c) When his comic book is taken away.
(d) When his drawing is confiscated.
2. Why is Victor punishing Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(a) For promoting negative stereotypes of Indian people.
(b) For his drunkeness.
(c) For being offensive to his mother.
(d) For threatening people.
3. Where do Victor and his companion escape to when being chased at the carnival?
(a) The tunnel of love.
(b) The house of mirrors.
(c) The men's restroom.
(d) The first aid station.
4. What do Victor and his companion eventually do with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(a) They give him some money.
(b) They put a woman's hat and makeup on him.
(c) They chain him to a post.
(d) They put him on a roller coaster.
5. What happens to Victor in the first grade?
(a) He is placed in the back of the classroom and ignored.
(b) He is repeatedly asked to go to the principal's office for disruptive behavior.
(c) He is teased by bullies.
(d) He is put in the lowest reading group.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dirty Joe's condition at the carnival?
2. Who chases Victor and his companion after the incident with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
3. What are Victor and his companion's initial thoughts on what to do with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
4. Why does baby James have a dent in his head?
5. How does Victor convince the person to assist him with the incident with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)