|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victor not understand in the eighth grade?
(a) Why white children are not arrested for curfew and children of color are.
(b) Why girls shoplift when they have the money to afford the items they steal.
(c) Why Indian boys are rounded up when white boys throw rocks through a store window.
(d) Why girls starve themselves through anorexia and bulemia when he is involuntarily starving on the reservation.
2. What does Victor consider censorship in the third grade?
(a) When he is asked to return to his desk and be quiet after talking about life on the reservation.
(b) When his comic book is taken away.
(c) When his drawing is confiscated.
(d) When a story he writes about his family life is taken away.
3. Where do Victor and his companion escape to when being chased at the carnival?
(a) The house of mirrors.
(b) The men's restroom.
(c) The first aid station.
(d) The tunnel of love.
4. What does Victor think that James does in 1973?
(a) He thinks that James writes a poem.
(b) He thinks that James swallows some poison.
(c) He thinks that James talks.
(d) He thinks that James reads a sentence out of a book.
5. Who is with Victor when they see Dirty Joe at the carnival?
(c) Thomas "Builds-the-Fire".
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Victor convince the person to assist him with the incident with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
2. Why does Victor join Alcoholics Anonymous?
3. Who chases Victor and his companion after the incident with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
4. What do Victor and his companion eventually do with Dirty Joe at the carnival?
5. What is Dirty Joe's condition at the carnival?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)