• The reader is introduced to Victor, a nine-year-old Native American that lives on an Indian reservation in Spokane.
• It is New Years Eve 1976 and Victor describes the "hurricanes" that are plaguing the Indian reservation.
• Two of Victor's uncles, Adolph and Arnold, are brutally fighting each other during a New Year's Eve party. The commotion wakes Victor.
• Victor watches the fight in despair.
• Victor's parents, along with the rest of the adults on the Indian reservation, are drinking to excess.
• Victor explains that drinking and alcoholism is a common occurrence on the reservation.
• It makes Victor sad when he finds his parents passed out on the bed from drinking too much.
• Victor lies down next to them in bed and can feel the alcohol seeping from their bodies.
• Victor explains that the alcohol causes much sadness and trouble on the reservation.
• Victor's father is broke and cannot afford...
This section contains 5,759 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)