|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Not long after encountering the goatherds, Marcus's team found themselves surrounded by heavily armed Taliban warriors armed with rocket-propelled grenades and what?
(b) 50 caliber machine guns.
2. Marcus learned that there was an American military base how far away from the village in Chapter 10?
(a) 20 miles.
(b) 50 miles.
(c) 12 miles.
(d) 5 miles.
3. How many men found Marcus and helped him to their village in Chapter 9?
4. Marcus was freed from being stuck under the log by what in Chapter 8?
(a) A hand grenade.
(b) An RPG.
(c) A truck.
(d) A machine gun.
5. What tradition did Marcus come to understand that as a wounded stranger he would be given aid and protected against enemies at all costs in Chapter 11?
(a) Hari Kari.
(d) Lokhay Warkawal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Back in Texas there were now nearly how many people trying to stay optimistic in Chapter 11?
2. What did Sarawa and other villagers give Marcus to drink from at the cave in Chapter 10?
3. What did the villagers give Marcus for the severe pain he was feeling in Chapter 10?
4. Marcus refused to drink from the river because of what, in Chapter 9?
5. What is the title of Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after Marcus fell down the mountainside in Chapter 7? How was he reunited with his team?
2. What happened after Marcus and his team released the goatherds in Chapter 7? What led to gunfire erupting?
3. How is the atmosphere at Marcus's family's home described in Chapter 11?
4. What did Marcus do in order to mark his location to rescuers in Chapter 11? Why was finding a way out of the village important?
5. How was Danny rescued by the team in Chapter 7? What injuries had he sustained?
6. What did Marcus's team decide to do about the goatherds in Chapter 7? Why?
7. What did Marcus encounter as he searched for water in Chapter 9? How does he describe his plight?
8. How did Marcus and his men encounter goatherds in Chapter 7? What ethical dilemma did the team face?
9. Who reassured Marcus's mother in Chapter 11? What did he tell her?
10. What led up to Marcus discovering water in Chapter 9?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)