|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Danny was shot a third time in Chapter 7, it was where?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His leg.
(c) His head.
(d) His neck.
2. In Chapter 11, Marcus was furious that he had done what during the thunderstorm instead of leaving?
(a) Called home.
(c) Took a shower.
(d) Drank heavily.
3. What was the mountain range where the SEAL members were sent to fight the members of the Taliban in the narrative?
(a) The Himalayas.
(b) Hindu Kush.
(c) The Andes.
(d) The Sierra Nevada.
4. Who hurried over to Marcus and told him to run since Taliban fighters were in the village in Chapter 11?
5. Who was Marcus' best friend in the Afghan village?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who remained insistent that Marcus was alive in Chapter 10?
2. By what month had many people in Marcus's hometown lost hope in Chapter 10?
3. Not long after encountering the goatherds, Marcus's team found themselves surrounded by approximately how many heavily armed Taliban warriors in Chapter 7?
4. Sarawa and other villagers took Marcus away to a cave on what day in Chapter 10?
5. What was the name of the village doctor who was among the villagers who found Marcus in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led up to Marcus discovering water in Chapter 9?
2. What did Marcus encounter as he searched for water in Chapter 9? How does he describe his plight?
3. Who told the men to fall back in the beginning of Chapter 8? How was Marcus saved by a fallen log in the chapter?
4. Who did Marcus encounter relating to his mission in Chapter 11? What did he do?
5. How does the author describe the atmosphere at Marcus's parents home in Chapter 10?
6. What happened after Marcus returned to the village from the caves in Chapter 10?
7. Who reassured Marcus's mother in Chapter 11? What did he tell her?
8. Where did Marcus and his team members head after landing in Chapter 7?
9. In what physical and emotional state was Marcus following the battle in Chapter 8?
10. How is Marcus's family's plight described in Chapter 9? What was being reported in the news about the mission?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)