|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sara's boss?
2. Stuart and Pat's life centers primarily on ___________________.
3. Who is the customer with whom Nan has a fight?
4. Eve takes a secretarial job from whom?
5. Who is Helen's husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this story differ from many of the other stories which address inter-generational conflict?
2. Explain the reason for the trouble between Mary and her parents and what her life is like without them.
3. What is the premise of "Green Park"?
4. Why has Jane requested a reunion with her friends, Helen and Margaret?
5. How does Adam behave immaturely during the trip to introduce Heather to his mother and sister?
6. What is Eve's focus with the work she does for individual women?
7. What is the premise of "Seven Sisters"?
8. Why is Vera's married life just as dysfunctional as her childhood had been?
9. What is the premise of "Pimlico"?
10. Why does Rose want to take her father to Paris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Pam in "Queensway." What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Pam?
Essay Topic 3
Greed seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of greed? Why does it have such a prevalent place in the characters' lives? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)