|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Adam's sister?
2. Who is Mona's husband?
3. Stuart and Pat's life centers primarily on ___________________.
4. How old is Mary when she decides to return home from being estranged from her family?
5. What is notable about the physical characteristics of the woman in #145?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the premise of "Seven Sisters"?
2. How is Olive's true character in contrast to the gracious person she pretends to be?
3. What is the premise of "Pimlico"?
4. Who is Mary and what preoccupies her thoughts as the Christmas holiday approaches?
5. Describe Vera's childhood and how she prepares to leave her situation.
6. Why does Nan especially enjoy having Shirley as a customer?
7. What is the premise of "Highbury & Islington"?
8. Why is Vera's married life just as dysfunctional as her childhood had been?
9. What is the premise of "Green Park"?
10. Why does Rose want to take her father to Paris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the book. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Pam in "Queensway." What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Pam?
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Nan in "Warren Street." What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Nan?
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)