|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eddie not try to find a new job?
2. Who do Frankie and the narrator realize that Frankie's boss' wife is?
3. Why does May go to London?
4. With whom had Rita lived for a year in Wales?
5. What does the president of the man's company have sent to the hotel room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frankie alienate the narrator's husband one evening when she drops in on them?
2. What does Lisa do when she realizes that her lover had intended to meet some other woman this weekend?
3. What shocking information does Sophie learn from some customers?
4. What is the premise of "Queensway"?
5. What is the premise of "Marble Arch"?
6. How does Margaret convince Harry that he has made the right decision to stay with her and their son?
7. What is May's situation in "Shepherd's Bush"?
8. What advice does May receive from her Australian roommate at the clinic?
9. What is the narrator's concern after being identified as a lesbian at the party?
10. Describe the evening when Frankie and the narrator visit the BBC Club for drinks.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Rita in "Notting Hill Gate." What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Rita?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Nan in "Warren Street." What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Nan?
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Pam in "Queensway." What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Pam?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)