Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's job?
2. How long has Pat been in London?
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason that Margaret shoplifts?
4. What is the name of the married man with whom Lisa is involved?
5. Who is Rita's husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the source of Lisa's anxiety regarding her affair?
2. How is Olive's true character in contrast to the gracious person she pretends to be?
3. Why is Frankie determined to win over her new boss' wife?
4. How does Pat's naivete show in her discussion and agreements with Joy and Marigold?
5. What does Lisa do when she realizes that her lover had intended to meet some other woman this weekend?
6. What is the premise of "Holborn"?
7. How is the narrator mistakenly identified as a lesbian?
8. Describe the evening when Frankie and the narrator visit the BBC Club for drinks.
9. What is the premise of "Stockwell"?
10. What is the premise of "Queensway"?
Maeve Binchy is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in her stories. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Several of the stories in LONDON TRANSPORTS are classic stories of betrayal. What does that classification entail? Why do some selected stories fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)