|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nationality of the woman in #7?
2. Lisa thinks that the street vendor is _______________.
3. With whom does Peggy have sex in exchange for free scraps of leather?
4. What is Rita's home country?
5. What is the only information that Rita gives to her co-workers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marigold tell Pat about their previous roommate, Nadia?
2. What two options does Margaret lay out for Harry when learning that he has impregnated a factory co-worker.
3. What is the topic of "Shepherd's Bush" and what does the story signal for the following stories?
4. Describe Rita, the latest temp hired by the newspaper.
5. What shocking information does Sophie learn from some customers?
6. How does the narrator view the possibility of a lesbian relationship with her friend?
7. What facts does Pat eventually learn about Marigold's manipulations and feigned illness?
8. How is the narrator mistakenly identified as a lesbian?
9. What is the premise of "Bond Street"?
10. What is the source of Julia's angst in "Tottenham Court Road"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast two of your favorite characters from LONDON TRANSPORTS. What drives both of them? How are their personalities similar? On what points do they differ? Why are their differences classic examples of conflict in drama? What other similarities and dissimilarities are there between the two characters?
Essay Topic 2
What is the overall setting for the stories? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Binchy choose to use these places in the book?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment. Cite an example to support your answers.
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)