|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pat visits a flat occupied by Joy and _______________.
2. To what city has Nadia moved?
3. What does Lisa think as she waits for her lover to pick her up for the trip?
4. With whom does Peggy have sex in exchange for free scraps of leather?
5. How old is Jill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Harry ever catch on to Margaret's shoplifting habits?
2. What facts does Pat eventually learn about Marigold's manipulations and feigned illness?
3. What shocking information does Sophie learn from some customers?
4. How does Pat's naivete show in her discussion and agreements with Joy and Marigold?
5. What is Eddie's outlook on his profession and why does he say he cannot change it?
6. Why is May especially skittish about having the abortion?
7. What does Lisa learn from the street vendor?
8. What is Lisa's situation as the story begins?
9. Why does Julia decide to resort to visiting the pornography store?
10. How is the narrator mistakenly identified as a lesbian?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Judgmentalism is an important theme in LONDON TRANSPORTS. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Does Binchy end any of her stories on a note of hope for her characters or are they fated to struggle to come to terms with their lives and flawed relationships? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role of the family in a story in LONDON TRANSPORTS. What does it mean for each of the main characters? How does the family disintegrate? How typical is this family to most Irish and English families living during the 1970s?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)