|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rita's home is described as _______________________.
2. What does Pat have delivered from her aunt's home to her new flat?
3. How long has Pat been in London?
4. With whom had Rita lived for a year in Wales?
5. Who is Nadia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pat's naivete show in her discussion and agreements with Joy and Marigold?
2. What is May's situation in "Shepherd's Bush"?
3. What does Lisa do when she realizes that her lover had intended to meet some other woman this weekend?
4. What shocking information does Sophie learn from some customers?
5. What does Marigold tell Pat about their previous roommate, Nadia?
6. How is Rita different from the other temps in the office?
7. Why does Julia decide to resort to visiting the pornography store?
8. Why is May especially skittish about having the abortion?
9. What is the premise of "Marble Arch"?
10. What is the source of Julia's angst in "Tottenham Court Road"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several of the stories in LONDON TRANSPORTS are classic stories of betrayal. What does that classification entail? Why do some selected stories fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in her stories. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)