|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sons does Jeffery have?
2. To what city has Nadia moved?
3. Who convinces Lisa that her lover is probably meeting another woman?
4. Who is Pat's aunt?
5. What does Margaret tell her husband will happen if he stays with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lisa's situation as the story begins?
2. What does Lisa learn from the street vendor?
3. What is Sophie's personal and professional relationship with Peggy?
4. What is Eddie's outlook on his profession and why does he say he cannot change it?
5. What is the source of Julia's angst in "Tottenham Court Road"?
6. What is the premise of "Bond Street"?
7. How is the narrator mistakenly identified as a lesbian?
8. What is the irony of the narrator's attempt to convince Frankie's boss's wife that Frankie is a good employee?
9. How is Rita different from the other temps in the office?
10. Describe Rita, the latest temp hired by the newspaper.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a story from LONDON TRANSPORTS and project into the future ten years after the end of the story and write a brief synopsis for the main character's life. How will the character have changed? How does the character stay the same? What life lessons has the character learned? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment. Cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)