Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's job?
2. How long has Pat been in London?
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason that Margaret shoplifts?
4. What is the name of the married man with whom Lisa is involved?
5. Who is Rita's husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the source of Lisa's anxiety regarding her affair?
2. How is Olive's true character in contrast to the gracious person she pretends to be?
3. Why is Frankie determined to win over her new boss' wife?
4. How does Pat's naivete show in her discussion and agreements with Joy and Marigold?
5. What does Lisa do when she realizes that her lover had intended to meet some other woman this weekend?
6. What is the premise of "Holborn"?
7. How is the narrator mistakenly identified as a lesbian?
8. Describe the evening when Frankie and the narrator visit the BBC Club for drinks.
9. What is the premise of "Stockwell"?
10. What is the premise of "Queensway"?
Does Binchy end any of her stories on a note of hope for her characters or are they fated to struggle to come to terms with their lives and flawed relationships? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
What is the overall setting for the stories? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Binchy choose to use these places in the book?
Judgmentalism is an important theme in LONDON TRANSPORTS. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)