|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is "Holland Park" set?
2. Malcolm and Melissa invite the unnamed narrator to ___________________.
3. What is May's job?
4. Who is the mother of Jeffery's sons?
5. With whom had Rita lived for a year in Wales?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sophie's personal and professional relationship with Peggy?
2. How does Margaret convince Harry that he has made the right decision to stay with her and their son?
3. Why does Julia decide to resort to visiting the pornography store?
4. What is the premise of "Marble Arch"?
5. What does Lisa learn from the street vendor?
6. Why is May especially skittish about having the abortion?
7. What does Marigold tell Pat about their previous roommate, Nadia?
8. What does Lisa do when she realizes that her lover had intended to meet some other woman this weekend?
9. What advice does May receive from her Australian roommate at the clinic?
10. How does Pat's naivete show in her discussion and agreements with Joy and Marigold?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role of the family in a story in LONDON TRANSPORTS. What does it mean for each of the main characters? How does the family disintegrate? How typical is this family to most Irish and English families living during the 1970s?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Pam in "Queensway." What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Pam?
Essay Topic 3
Judgmentalism is an important theme in LONDON TRANSPORTS. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)