|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stuart and Pat's life centers primarily on ___________________.
(b) Refinishing furniture.
(d) Playing cards.
2. Who is Sandy's roommate?
(a) Marlene Winner.
(b) Betty Imel.
(c) Rita Long.
(d) Wilma Ring.
3. How old is Mary when she decides to return home from being estranged from her family?
4. Stuart and Pat answer an ad for a/an ______________________.
(a) Used car.
(b) Wife-swapping party.
(c) New puppy.
(d) Vacation home.
5. For how long has Rose's father been widowed?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 10 weeks.
(d) 7 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mona bring to her doctor?
2. Who is Adam's sister?
3. Sara is sent to a conference in what city?
4. Who is the customer with whom Nan has a fight?
5. How old are Mona's twin daughters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the premise of "Pimlico"?
2. What are Eve's philosophies for helping women get ahead and when does she know to move on to the next opportunity?
3. Why does Rose want to take her father to Paris?
4. Explain the reason for the trouble between Mary and her parents and what her life is like without them.
5. What does Mona learn about her own mother's view of her death from cancer that is similar to her own?
6. How does Shirley prove to be the most sensitive person in the story?
7. What is the premise of "Stockwell"?
8. What is the premise of "Highbury & Islington"?
9. How is Olive's true character in contrast to the gracious person she pretends to be?
10. How does Adam behave immaturely during the trip to introduce Heather to his mother and sister?
This section contains 1,237 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)