|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rose had a bad marriage to a man named ________________.
2. Sandy is a recent graduate of _________________ school.
(b) Interior design.
3. What city would Rose's father love to visit?
(b) New York.
4. Adam comes from a ______________ family.
5. What illness does Jane's husband have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jane's husband?
2. Who is Mona's husband?
3. Rose watches a woman dote over her _________________ in a coffee bar.
4. Mary decides to fly home to visit her family for which holiday?
5. Who is the school teacher who befriends Vera?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Jane requested a reunion with her friends, Helen and Margaret?
2. How does Shirley prove to be the most sensitive person in the story?
3. Why is Vera's married life just as dysfunctional as her childhood had been?
4. Describe Vera's childhood and how she prepares to leave her situation.
5. What is the premise of "Victoria"?
6. How is Olive's true character in contrast to the gracious person she pretends to be?
7. How does Adam behave immaturely during the trip to introduce Heather to his mother and sister?
8. What does Mona learn about her own mother's view of her death from cancer that is similar to her own?
9. What is the premise of "Stockwell"?
10. What are Eve's philosophies for helping women get ahead and when does she know to move on to the next opportunity?
This section contains 1,204 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)