|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does May work?
2. With whom had Rita lived for a year in Wales?
3. In what city is "Holland Park" set?
(d) New York.
4. What disease has Marigold faked?
5. What does Pat need to find?
(a) A new bank.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A flat.
(d) A reception venue.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city has Nadia moved?
2. Which of the following is NOT something that upsets the narrator regarding temp workers?
3. What is the nationality of the woman in #7?
4. For what reason does Peggy spend three weeks in jail?
5. What does Terry suggest to Pat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the source of Julia's angst in "Tottenham Court Road"?
2. What shocking information does Sophie learn from some customers?
3. What is the premise of "Queensway"?
4. How does Frankie alienate the narrator's husband one evening when she drops in on them?
5. How does Margaret convince Harry that he has made the right decision to stay with her and their son?
6. How does Pat's naivete show in her discussion and agreements with Joy and Marigold?
7. Describe Rita, the latest temp hired by the newspaper.
8. What is the premise of "Bond Street"?
9. How does the narrator view the possibility of a lesbian relationship with her friend?
10. What facts does Pat eventually learn about Marigold's manipulations and feigned illness?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)