|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sophie's boyfriend is an unemployed ____________.
2. Pat learns that Marigold had forced Nadia _____________________.
(a) To leave unexpectedly.
(b) To prostitute herself.
(c) To paint the flat.
(d) To cook every night.
3. In what city is "Holland Park" set?
(a) New York.
4. What is notorious about Margaret's shoplifting?
(a) Her husband is the owner of one of the shops.
(b) She has never been caught.
(c) She loves to read about her thefts in the newspaper.
(d) She has taken several sets of dinnerware.
5. Jill offers to barter with Lewis by offering tap-dancing lesson in exchange for ___________________.
(a) A car.
(b) Legal advice.
(d) A flat.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator wonders if she and the woman in #17 ________________________.
2. Malcolm and Melissa have just returned from a vacation in what country?
3. How does Frankie anger the narrator's husband?
4. What does Lisa think as she waits for her lover to pick her up for the trip?
5. Who is the man whom Sophie loves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed about Rita's husband?
2. Who is Charles Benson and why does Jill Twilly require his services?
3. Why is Frankie determined to win over her new boss' wife?
4. How does Frankie alienate the narrator's husband one evening when she drops in on them?
5. What is the irony of the narrator's attempt to convince Frankie's boss's wife that Frankie is a good employee?
6. What is the premise of "Holborn"?
7. What is Lisa's situation as the story begins?
8. What is the premise of "Bond Street"?
9. How does the narrator view the possibility of a lesbian relationship with her friend?
10. What is the premise of "Queensway"?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)