|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes the goods that Sophie sells?
(b) Taiwanese women.
(c) Skilled craftsmen.
2. With whom does May room at the clinic?
(a) Adele Weston.
(b) Marie Saintgnon.
(c) Melinda Dyson.
(d) Helen Adams.
3. What does May determine NOT to tell Andy?
(a) About the abortion.
(b) About her fear of water.
(c) About her childhood.
(d) About her ex-husband.
4. What does Margaret always make sure to have with her when she shoplifts?
(a) Her attorney's phone number.
(b) Cab fare.
(c) A cell phone.
(d) Cash to pay for the items.
5. What does Pat have delivered from her aunt's home to her new flat?
(a) Record albums.
Short Answer Questions
1. Malcolm and Melissa can best be described as ___________________.
2. Jill offers to barter with Lewis by offering tap-dancing lesson in exchange for ___________________.
3. During conversation, the narrator portrays herself as _______________________.
4. How many items does Margaret take from each store?
5. The narrator wonders if she and the woman in #17 ________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed about Rita's husband?
2. Does Harry ever catch on to Margaret's shoplifting habits?
3. What is Eddie's outlook on his profession and why does he say he cannot change it?
4. Why is Rita shocked by Ken's wife and what lesson does she learn from the dinner with the couples?
5. What does Lisa do when she realizes that her lover had intended to meet some other woman this weekend?
6. What is May's situation in "Shepherd's Bush"?
7. Who is Charles Benson and why does Jill Twilly require his services?
8. What is the source of Julia's angst in "Tottenham Court Road"?
9. What is the source of Lisa's anxiety regarding her affair?
10. Describe Rita, the latest temp hired by the newspaper.
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)