|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the end of her engagement, Julia dates mostly _________________.
(c) College students.
2. What affliction does Pat's aunt have?
3. Sophie learns that Eddie has been seeing _______________ on the side.
4. With whom does May stay in London?
5. What does Margaret do with the stolen items before she goes into another store?
(a) Takes them home.
(b) Checks them into the store's lockers.
(c) Leaves them in the car.
(d) Asks an attendant to keep them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does May go to London?
2. The narrator wonders if she and the woman in #17 ________________________.
3. Malcolm and Melissa mistakenly think that the narrator and the person in #17 are ________________.
4. What is Rita's home country?
5. What does Margaret tell her husband will happen if he leaves her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the narrator's concern after being identified as a lesbian at the party?
2. How is the narrator mistakenly identified as a lesbian?
3. Describe the evening when Frankie and the narrator visit the BBC Club for drinks.
4. Why is Frankie determined to win over her new boss' wife?
5. What shocking information does Sophie learn from some customers?
6. What is the irony of the narrator's attempt to convince Frankie's boss's wife that Frankie is a good employee?
7. Why is May especially skittish about having the abortion?
8. What does Marigold tell Pat about their previous roommate, Nadia?
9. What is the premise of "Marble Arch"?
10. How does the narrator view the possibility of a lesbian relationship with her friend?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)