|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margaret do with the stolen items before she goes into another store?
(a) Checks them into the store's lockers.
(b) Takes them home.
(c) Leaves them in the car.
(d) Asks an attendant to keep them.
2. Who is the mother of Jeffery's sons?
3. Why does Eddie not try to find a new job?
(a) He has too much invested in his career.
(b) He is too old to be hired by anyone.
(c) He is almost at retirement age.
(d) He is too old to go back to school.
4. How old is Lisa?
5. How does Frankie anger the narrator's husband?
(a) She laughs at his baby picture.
(b) She chews with her mouth full.
(c) She never repays borrowed money.
(d) She gossips about everybody.
6. For what reason does Peggy spend three weeks in jail?
(a) Driving under the influence.
(d) Noise violation.
7. What crime had Rita's husband committed?
(a) He robbed an electronics store.
(b) He killed Rita's best friend.
(c) He kidnapped a young boy.
(d) He set fire to a church.
8. With whom had Rita lived for a year in Wales?
9. What is the name of the white man whom Rita is seeing?
(a) Andy Sparks.
(b) Phil Sloane.
(c) Neil Lane.
(d) Jerry Gerard.
10. For which of the following does Peggy NOT rely on Sophie?
(a) To gripe about men.
(b) To give her money.
(c) To bail her out.
(d) To style her hair.
11. Why is the narrator uneasy at Rita's home?
(a) She doesn't know which bus to take to get back home.
(b) She doesn't like the food.
(c) She is uncomfortable in a black houehold.
(d) She knows Rita's husband is watching the house.
12. Malcolm and Melissa can best be described as ___________________.
(c) Soul mates.
13. What is the only information that Rita gives to her co-workers?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is schizophrenic.
(c) She had an abortion.
(d) She has a husband.
14. How many sons does Jeffery have?
15. What reason does Lisa's lover give her for being away for a few hours?
(a) A surprise shopping trip.
(b) A meeting with a client.
(c) A round of golf.
(d) An executive health checkup.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does May room at the clinic?
2. What is the nationality of the woman in #7?
3. Where does Frankie invite the narrator to go for drinks?
4. Who is the unnamed narrator's husband?
5. What is Rita's job?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)