|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman in #7 urge May to do?
(a) Tell Andy about the abortion.
(b) Find another job.
(c) Break up with Andy.
(d) Propose to Andy.
2. What does Margaret always make sure to have with her when she shoplifts?
(a) A cell phone.
(b) Cab fare.
(c) Cash to pay for the items.
(d) Her attorney's phone number.
3. How many sons does Jeffery have?
4. How old is Julia?
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason that Margaret shoplifts?
(a) She gets items to please her husband.
(b) She takes things that please her.
(c) She is a member of a cult.
(d) She takes items to give as gifts.
6. What do the narrator and the person in #17 have in common?
(a) They have the same middle name.
(b) They went to the same college.
(c) They are both Scorpios.
(d) They are both in relationships with married men.
7. Sophie's boyfriend is an unemployed ____________.
8. How does Margaret determine that she will provide a good life for her husband and son?
(a) She will attend to their every need.
(b) She will steal things.
(c) She will take cooking lessons.
(d) She will get a job.
9. Who is Pat's aunt?
(a) Aunt Phoebe.
(b) Aunt Maggie.
(c) Aunt Delia.
(d) Aunt Sara.
10. What is the name of the married man with whom Lisa is involved?
(d) His name is not revealed.
11. Where does Frankie get a job?
(a) Harrods Department Store.
(b) A book shop.
(d) The BBC.
12. What is the only information that Rita gives to her co-workers?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She had an abortion.
(c) She has a husband.
(d) She is schizophrenic.
13. What does the president of the man's company have sent to the hotel room?
(a) Fruit and flowers.
(c) Theater tickets.
(d) Champagne and strawberries.
14. What is the main subject of "Holland Park?"
15. With whom had Rita lived for a year in Wales?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that upsets the narrator regarding temp workers?
2. What does Lisa think as she waits for her lover to pick her up for the trip?
3. The narrator wonders if she and the woman in #17 ________________________.
4. With whom does May room at the clinic?
5. During conversation, the narrator portrays herself as _______________________.
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)