|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Rita best be described?
(a) Flamboyant and noisy.
(b) Big and black.
(c) Petite and sullen.
(d) Big and lazy.
2. How long has Pat been in London?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 7 weeks.
(c) 9 days.
(d) 3 months.
3. The main subject of "Notting Hill Gate" is __________________.
(a) The quest for love.
(c) Racial perceptions.
4. Malcolm and Melissa invite the unnamed narrator to ___________________.
(a) A dinner party.
(b) The horse races.
(c) A regatta.
(d) The theater.
5. Sophie learns that Eddie has been seeing _______________ on the side.
6. What are the narrator and her husband doing when Frankie drops in?
(b) Having dinner.
(c) Sorting old pictures.
(d) Watching TV.
7. What is notorious about Margaret's shoplifting?
(a) She has taken several sets of dinnerware.
(b) She has never been caught.
(c) Her husband is the owner of one of the shops.
(d) She loves to read about her thefts in the newspaper.
8. How does Frankie anger the narrator's husband?
(a) She chews with her mouth full.
(b) She laughs at his baby picture.
(c) She gossips about everybody.
(d) She never repays borrowed money.
9. Jill has a career in __________________.
10. Sophie's boyfriend is an unemployed ____________.
11. Why does May go to London?
(a) To visit relatives.
(b) To take a vacation.
(c) To attend a wedding.
(d) To get an abortion.
12. With whom does May room at the clinic?
(a) Melinda Dyson.
(b) Helen Adams.
(c) Marie Saintgnon.
(d) Adele Weston.
13. Which of the following is NOT a reason that Margaret shoplifts?
(a) She takes items to give as gifts.
(b) She gets items to please her husband.
(c) She is a member of a cult.
(d) She takes things that please her.
14. Who convinces Lisa that her lover is probably meeting another woman?
(a) Her mother.
(b) His secretary.
(c) A street vendor.
(d) The hotel concierge.
15. Where does Frankie get a job?
(a) The BBC.
(b) A book shop.
(d) Harrods Department Store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has some idea that Margaret is shoplifting?
2. Frankie often turns to the unnamed narrator who rescues her from _____________________.
3. Who is Nadia?
4. Who is Peggy?
5. Whom does Jill want to sue for breach of contract?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)