* May is an underpaid hotel manager in Dublin, Ireland, who finds herself pregnant by her bossy, Andy.
* May flies to London for a secret abortion and stays with a judgmental acquaintance named Celia.
* May's roommate at the London clinic, Helen, is a return patient who calms May's nerves and insists that May tell Andy the truth.
* May returns to Dublin working on her alibi and knowing that she will not mention the abortion.
* An unnamed narrator asks a sophisticated couple--Malcolm and Melissa--if she may bring her friend, Alice, to their party.
* Malcolm and Melissa's party is a reunion of people who had vacationed in Greece.
* At the party, the narrator is shocked to learn that the hosts believe she and Alice are lesbians and are very gracious in their acceptance of them.
* The narrator worries about whether she and Alice will be able to...
This section contains 2,601 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)