Short Answer Questions Key
1. Where did the street people of London in the 1800s conduct their trade?
On the streets and sidewalks.
2. How were vendors categorized by Mayhew?
Type of merchandise sold.
3. What percentage of people earning their living on the streets were vendors?
4. What did Mayhew say all blind musicians had in common?
They were all religious.
5. From what ailment did Mayhew say all skilled laborers suffered?
6. What did costermongers hope to do by dark everyday?`
Sell enough merchandise to feed their family every night.
This section contains 5,121 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)