|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 2: Of the Street-Jews.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what kind of fund did residents of better lodging houses pay?
(a) General maintenance funds.
(b) Newspaper funds.
(c) Medical care funds.
(d) Entertainment funds.
2. Who often became chimney sweepers?
(a) The tallest member of a Costermonger family.
(b) Destitute orphans.
(c) The smallest member of a Costermonger family.
(d) Many young men since it paid very well.
3. Who most often hosted lodging houses?
(d) There was no host.
4. Who worked for very low wages in the hopes of finding something to sell?
5. How did Mike manage to live?
(a) His master with whom he apprenticed gave him room and board.
(b) By selling bits and pieces he'd find on the street.
(c) By pilfering from the marketplace.
(d) By joining a crossing sweep gang.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the renters of low lodging houses eat?
2. What did the city of London use several tons of per year?
3. What kind of low lodging house segregated the renters by sex?
4. What type of freedom did costers enjoy that other workers did not?
5. What did shovelers do?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)