|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Volume 1: Of the London Street-folk.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did most costermongers do with their children?
(a) Farmed them out.
(b) Sent them to orphanages.
(c) Did their best to support them.
(d) Left the babies to the elements so they didn't have to keep them.
2. At about what age did many costermonger children begin to sell?
3. What was a huckster who sold hardware at a fair called?
(a) A Cheap Jack.
(b) A Penny Call.
(c) A Cheap Con.
(d) A Hustler.
4. What did the most intelligent and well-to-do costers sell?
(a) Hats and scarfs.
(b) Food and drink.
(c) Sewing goods.
5. What type of modern store did costermongers fill in 1800s London?
(a) Grocery stores.
(b) Department stores.
(c) Convenience stores.
(d) Clothing stores.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most common tasks for which costers used math?
2. Where did costermongers usually live?
3. What happened if a coster child didn't have the money to pay for lodging?
4. What type of freedom did costers enjoy that other workers did not?
5. What was the name of the vaudeville show costers enjoyed?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)