|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alex go to speak with Joe Cahill?
2. Where does Alex go to investigate the interesting transaction he found in Corky Hancock's bank account?
3. What public structure is blown up with a car bomb in London?
4. What happens to the house connected to the car purchases in Hancock's Swiss bank account after the raid?
5. Which agent has flown to Paris in chapter 83 to give an update on the case, surprising Alex?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the Wolf blow up in Long Island?
2. Why does Alex visit Joe Cahill?
3. What transaction noted in a Swiss bank account leads Alex to Nice?
4. How does the Wolf die in chapter 119?
5. Where does the reader see the Wolf in chapter 70? What does this say about the Wolf?
6. Why is Joe Cahill arrested?
7. What is the real identity of the man Alex was told was the Wolf?
8. Who lures Alex Cross out of his hotel room in London? For what purpose?
9. What do bombs destroy is Paris?
10. Why is Alex Cross kidnapped? What is cuffed to his wrist when he is released?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss symbolism using one of the following objects/symbols and its use within the plot:
2) Puzzle pieces
3) Luxury cars
Essay Topic 2
Discuss structure. The novel is divided into more than one hundred twenty chapters. How does this number of chapters affect the tone and tension within the novel? Does the multiple use of short chapters increase the suspense of the plot? Does this number of chapters make the book easier or harder to read? Do these chapters offer all the information the reader needs to comprehend the direction of the plot? Discuss other elements of the novel's structure and the impact they have on the plot. Use examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following settings of the novel in a detailed essay, using examples from the novel:
1) Washington, D.C.
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)