|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is La Crim?
2. With whom does the Wolf meet in Montauk, Long Island?
3. Why does Alex go to speak with Joe Cahill?
4. How much time has the Wolf given world leaders before he will cause worldwide destruction?
5. What damage is caused by this explosion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alex do once he returns home from Paris?
2. Who lures Alex Cross out of his hotel room in London? For what purpose?
3. What transaction noted in a Swiss bank account leads Alex to Nice?
4. Why does Alex visit Joe Cahill?
5. What is Alex Cross' experience with the French police?
6. What happens in Paris after the president pays the Wolf's ransom?
7. What does the Wolf blow up at Scotland Yard?
8. Who does the Wolf blow up in Long Island?
9. Why does Alex Cross fly to Paris? What does he find there?
10. What medical procedure does the Wolf undergo without benefit of anesthesia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character development of the following characters, discussing how their characters changed through the plot and how that impacted the plot:
1) Alex Cross
2) The Wolf
3) The Weasel
Essay Topic 2
Discuss suitcase nukes. What are they? Do they exist? What kind of damage might they create? How? Why does Alex come to believe that the Wolf is using these in the target cities? What is significant about the way in which Alex comes to learn of these bombs? Who is the man who claims to be the Wolf when Alex is kidnapped? Why does he pretend to be the Wolf? How does this complicate the investigation? Are there suitcase nukes in the target cities? Do the police ever find them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the kidnapping of Alex Cross's family. How many times has this happened to Cross's family? How does Alex feel about this attack on his family? Does it impact Cross' desire to be a cop? Is it supposed to? What is the purpose of this kidnapping? How does it affect the family members? How does it compare with a kidnapping Christine Johnson suffered in a previous novel? Why does the author make this parallel connection?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)