|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What public structure is blown up with a car bomb in London?
2. What explodes at Scotland Yard during a meeting Alex is attending in chapter 64?
3. What item is shown to Alex, telling him it has been planted in all the target cities throughout the world?
4. What is Alex's impression of his new, French partner, Etienne Marteau?
5. Which agent has flown to Paris in chapter 83 to give an update on the case, surprising Alex?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alex Cross fly to Paris? What does he find there?
2. Where does the reader see the Wolf in chapter 70? What does this say about the Wolf?
3. What is Alex Cross' experience with the French police?
4. What does Alex find when the home of Cahill's partner is searched?
5. What medical procedure does the Wolf undergo without benefit of anesthesia?
6. How much time does the Wolf give the leaders of the United States, England, and Germany before he will create another explosion?
7. Who lures Alex Cross out of his hotel room in London? For what purpose?
8. What does Alex do once he returns home from Paris?
9. What do bombs destroy is Paris?
10. What is the real identity of the man Alex was told was the Wolf?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss suitcase nukes. What are they? Do they exist? What kind of damage might they create? How? Why does Alex come to believe that the Wolf is using these in the target cities? What is significant about the way in which Alex comes to learn of these bombs? Who is the man who claims to be the Wolf when Alex is kidnapped? Why does he pretend to be the Wolf? How does this complicate the investigation? Are there suitcase nukes in the target cities? Do the police ever find them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss symbolism using one of the following objects/symbols and its use within the plot:
2) Puzzle pieces
3) Luxury cars
Essay Topic 3
Who is Alex Cross? How many novels by James Patterson has Cross appeared in? Why? What is Alex's educational background? Professional background? Why does Alex chose to work as a cop rather than a doctor? Who was Alex's partner when he worked with the Washington, D.C. police force? How did they know each other? What kind of father is Alex? What kind of grandson? What does it say about Alex in that he lives with his grandmother? Why is Alex in a custody battle with the mother of his youngest child? How is that connected to this case? What happened to Alex's first wife? Is Alex optimistic of ever learning the truth about that situation? Explain.
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)