|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is TriBeCa?
2. What is Gitmo?
3. Who interrupts Alex's vacation in San Francisco?
4. What are PMCs?
5. How does Yelizaveta Abramtsov Americanize her name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What cities does the Wolf tell law enforcement that he will be targeting?
2. What does the Wolf warn the law enforcement officials not to do?
3. What interrupts Alex Cross's vacation?
4. What disguise does Alex Cross remember the Weasel used that he hopes will help them catch up to him?
5. What do the pictures retrieved by police over the hills of Sunrise Valley reveal about the crime scene?
6. Where does Alex Cross learn the Weasel has been spotted in chapter 46?
7. Why is Dougie Puslowski killed during the evacuation of Sunrise Valley, Nevada?
8. What does the Weasel hire Nikki Williams to do?
9. Why does the Wolf break into the home of the Red Mafiya couple in chapter 12?
10. Who does Frances Puslowski see coming toward her trailer park as she hangs out the laundry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following settings of the novel in a detailed essay, using examples from the novel:
1) Washington, D.C.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Nana Mama. What kind of relationship does she have with Alex? Why does Alex rely on Nana Mama so much? Where is Alex's wife? Why are his two older children living in his home but his youngest is not? What impact does his family have Alex's ability to do his job? What would happen to Alex's home life if Nana Mama were not able to be there? In what way does Nana Mama act as a foundation rock for Alex? Has it always been this way? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss suitcase nukes. What are they? Do they exist? What kind of damage might they create? How? Why does Alex come to believe that the Wolf is using these in the target cities? What is significant about the way in which Alex comes to learn of these bombs? Who is the man who claims to be the Wolf when Alex is kidnapped? Why does he pretend to be the Wolf? How does this complicate the investigation? Are there suitcase nukes in the target cities? Do the police ever find them?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)