|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Weasel's real name?
2. How does the Wolf prove that he witnessed the raid on the apartment in New York City?
3. What is TriBeCa?
4. What was missing from the information the agencies were given prior to the bombing in Sunrise Valley?
5. What does the Wolf believes is his Achilles heel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disguise does Alex Cross remember the Weasel used that he hopes will help them catch up to him?
2. Who else lives on the West Coast that Alex Cross hopes to see?
3. What motive does the owner of the bomb launched against Sunrise Valley suggest he has for such an action?
4. Who are the men who caused a disruption in the inner courtyard of the Hoover Building, allowing for the assassination attempt undertaken by Nikki Williams?
5. What does Alex dislike about the prescribed protocol to deal with the Wolf and the aftermath of any bombing?
6. Who was killed by Nikki Williams? Who was the intended victim?
7. What does Alex learn the Weasel was attempting to sell the terrorists during his visit to the apartment?
8. Who is John Sampson? Why does Alex Cross tell him about the Weasel and the Wolf's ransom demands?
9. What do the pictures retrieved by police over the hills of Sunrise Valley reveal about the crime scene?
10. What happens to Nikki as she finishes her job and goes to leave the helicopter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss point of view. James Patterson often writes his novels from multiple points of view. How does the narration change with the characters in this novel? What kind of a narrator is Alex Cross? The Wolf? The Weasel? Is there an element of unreliable narrator in this novel? Does the author ever reveal his intentions with the plot through an authorial voice? For what purpose does the writer utilize these point of view techniques? How might the novel be different with a different point of view?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Alex Jr. Who is Alex Jr.? How old is he? What impact has his birth had on Alex Cross?
Why does Alex Jr. not live with his father? What type of custody fight are Alex and Alex Jr.'s mother having? What impact does this custody battle have on Alex Cross? Why would Alex Jr.'s mother want to protect her child from his father? What has Alex Cross done to place his children in danger? Should Alex Cross get custody of his son?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss law enforcement. What law enforcement agencies are mentioned in this novel? Why are so many agencies involved in the investigation into the Wolf? How does the use of so many agencies cause problems? How does Alex feel about the use of so many agencies? How does the use of these agencies cause a slow down in the investigation? Why does Alex come to believe the French are doing nothing to help him investigate the bombings? Is this true?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)