|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disguise does Alex recall the Weasel once used while moving from America to England?
(a) Hobo clothing.
(b) A wheelchair.
(c) A broken limb.
(d) White hair and a beard.
2. What items do the local police give investigators when their chief finally arrives?
(a) Photos of a man taking photos of the bombing.
(b) Photos of the victims.
(c) Photos of the town before the attack.
(d) Photos of the man resposible for the crime.
3. What humiliating act does the caller instruct the CIA agents to do?
(a) Speak as one unit.
(b) Quack like ducks.
(c) Remain silent.
(d) Bark like dogs.
4. Why does Alex stuff the phone in an oven mitt when he returns home in chapters 40-45?
(a) Someone keeps calling and saying vulgar words.
(b) Someone keeps calling and making crude jokes.
(c) Someone keeps calling and hanging up.
(d) Someone keeps calling and laughing in his ear.
5. What vehicle is found by the FBI that is important to the case?
(a) The military vehicles.
(b) Frances' station wagon.
(c) The Weasel's Bronco.
(d) Dougie's motorcycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Frances and Dougie doing at the beginning of chapter 3?
2. Why is Alex unhappy with the prescribed protocol in dealing with the Wolf and any possible attacks?
3. What is the name of the girl the Weasel brings home with him at the beginning of the novel?
4. What was missing from the information the agencies were given prior to the bombing in Sunrise Valley?
5. What is the name of the town where Dougie and Frances live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question about the bombing in Sunrise Valley plagues Alex Cross the most?
2. What interrupts Alex Cross's vacation?
3. Who tortures the Weasel? For what purpose?
4. Who does the Wolf turn to for financial support of his terrorist plans?
5. What does Alex learn the Weasel was attempting to sell the terrorists during his visit to the apartment?
6. Who else lives on the West Coast that Alex Cross hopes to see?
7. What happens to a woman inside the building when the law enforcement agents raid the apartment?
8. Why does the Wolf break into the home of the Red Mafiya couple in chapter 12?
9. Why is the young woman who brings the Weasel home killed? What does this foreshadow for the remainder of the novel?
10. What item was sent to the directors of the FBI, CIA, and Homeland Security after the bombing in Sunrise Valley?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)