|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts Alex's vacation in San Francisco?
(a) Two San Francisco cops.
(b) Tom Weir.
(c) John Sampson.
(d) Two FBI agents.
2. Who is the director of the CIA?
(a) Geoffrey Shafer.
(b) John Sampson.
(c) Ron Burns.
(d) Thomas Weir.
3. Why does the Wolf break into the home of Fedya and Yelizaveta Abramtsov?
(a) To torture the couple.
(b) He feels they would be nothing without him, so the home belongs to him.
(c) To hide from the police for a while.
(d) To recover from an injury.
4. How many children does Alex Cross have?
5. How is the Weasel retrained inside his house?
(a) He is roped to a chair.
(b) He is hung upside down.
(c) He is handcuffed to the bed.
(d) He is duct taped to the couch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor does Alex hear after the alarm is over in the Hoover Building?
2. What does Alex see out his window when an alarm sounds in the Hoover building?
3. Why is the apartment where the suspect was spotted under surveillance?
4. Who does the caller refer to as liars?
5. Who does Alex go to visit after spending the evening with his family in chapters 33-39?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alex Cross go to Seattle while on vacation on the West Coast?
2. Why does the Wolf break into the home of the Red Mafiya couple in chapter 12?
3. What happens to a woman inside the building when the law enforcement agents raid the apartment?
4. What disguise does Alex Cross remember the Weasel used that he hopes will help them catch up to him?
5. Why does Alex Cross place Elizabeth Cassady under surveillance?
6. Who does the Wolf turn to for financial support of his terrorist plans?
7. Where does Alex Cross learn the Weasel has been spotted in chapter 46?
8. Who else lives on the West Coast that Alex Cross hopes to see?
9. Who is John Sampson? Why does Alex Cross tell him about the Weasel and the Wolf's ransom demands?
10. Why is the young woman who brings the Weasel home killed? What does this foreshadow for the remainder of the novel?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)