|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alex's impression of his new, French partner, Etienne Marteau?
(a) He has been assigned to watch, not help.
(b) He has been assigned to stop Alex from finding anything.
(c) He is a good cop.
(d) He is an incompetent investigator.
2. What vehicle nearly knocks Alex down on his walk to the Prefecture de Police in chapter 77?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A bus.
(c) A van.
(d) A motorcycle.
3. What are Martin Lodge's final words to Alex?
(a) I'm sorry.
(b) This was my piece of the puzzle.
(c) Protect my wife.
(d) Take care of my children.
4. When Alex is released from his kidnappers, what item is handcuffed to his wrist?
(a) The dead body of Tom Weir.
(b) A briefcase filled with more ransom demands.
(c) Another kidnap victim.
(d) A suitcase nuke.
5. What public structure does the Wolf appear to favor in his destructive behavior?
(a) Government buildings.
(c) Residential homes.
6. What causes Alex to jump into a patrol car and rush from the scene of the raid on the house connected to car purchases from Hancock's Swiss bank account?
(a) Alex wants to warn Interpol that the Wolf was not located.
(b) Someone has threatened his family.
(c) Someone takes off in a car.
(d) Alex is trying to escape the carnage.
7. How does the Wolf escape Alex as he leaves the doctor's office?
(a) He runs into a crowd.
(b) Bodyguards who box them in.
(c) He shoots Alex's partner.
(d) Cops who delay Alex and his partner.
8. What order does the Wolf give to the Weasel while he makes a visit to relatives in London?
(a) Not to tell them what he has been doing.
(b) Not to kill them.
(c) Not to evacuate them from the city.
(d) Not to take them gifts.
9. Who announces the payment of the ransom to the Wolf?
(a) The French president.
(b) The German president.
(c) The English prime minister.
(d) The American president.
10. Why does the Wolf jump off the roof of the building where he has tried to lose Alex?
(a) To reach a neighboring building.
(b) To jump to his death.
(c) To land on a passing car.
(d) To enter a helicopter.
11. What does the Wolf do when he leaves his meeting in Montauk, Long Island?
(a) Orders someone else to burn down the cabin.
(b) Blows up the cabin.
(c) Calls the police.
12. Why does Alex have Joe Cahill arrested?
(a) He is using illegal drugs.
(b) He punches Alex.
(c) He refuses to answer questions.
(d) Alex dislikes him.
13. What explodes at Scotland Yard during a meeting Alex is attending in chapter 64?
(a) A gate at the front of the building.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A building across the street.
(d) A sign.
14. Who does Alex go to see after his visit with Alex Jr?
(a) Jamilla Hughes.
(b) Christine Johnson.
(c) Sandra Greenburg.
(d) Kayla Coles.
15. How is the Wolf killed?
(a) The driver of the car misjudges his speed.
(b) The helicopter pilot tips and he falls.
(c) He misses his destination and hits the ground.
(d) Alex shoots him and he falls from the roof.
Short Answer Questions
1. What woman in Alex's life, besides Nana Mama, intimidates him in this novel?
2. Why does Alex show Joe Cahill a picture of Nikki Williams?
3. Who calls Alex in his hotel in London and asks him to meet on the sidewalk outside the Stranger's Entrance?
4. What medication is used to make Joe Cahill talk about the Wolf?
5. Where does Alex take his son, Alex Jr., on a brief visit to see him?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)