|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the man who impersonated the Wolf during Alex's kidnapping claims is responsible for the bombings?
(a) al Qaeda.
(b) Muslims in general.
(c) The United States government.
(d) al Jihad.
2. How do agents find Corky Hancock when they enter his house?
(a) Unconscious from a drug overdose.
(b) Dead in his bed.
(c) In bed with an Asian woman.
(d) Asleep on the couch.
3. How much money does the Wolf want in ransom to stop the worldwide destruction he has planned?
4. Why does Alex go to speak with Joe Cahill?
(a) He is known to have inside information on all CIA cases.
(b) His is known to have personal knowledge of Weir's private affairs.
(c) He is suspected to be the Wolf.
(d) He is a retired CIA agent who handled the Wolf.
5. How much time has the Wolf given world leaders before he will cause worldwide destruction?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 72 hours.
(c) 96 hours.
(d) 24 hours.
6. Why does the Wolf jump off the roof of the building where he has tried to lose Alex?
(a) To jump to his death.
(b) To enter a helicopter.
(c) To land on a passing car.
(d) To reach a neighboring building.
7. Who confronts Alex on the sidewalk outside his hotel when he goes in search of his caller?
(a) The Weasel.
(b) The Wolf.
(c) The Fox.
(d) The Badger.
8. Why does the Weasel meet with his old war buddy, Henry Seymour?
(a) To reminisce about the past.
(b) To ask him to watch over his family.
(c) To warn him to get out of London.
(d) To hire him to blow up a public structure in London.
9. What happens ten minutes after the Wolf's deadline for the ransom payment?
(a) Bombs rock Paris, London, and New York simultaneously.
(b) A bomb rocks Paris.
(c) A bomb rocks New York.
(d) A bomb rocks London.
10. Why does Ron Burns send Alex Cross to Paris?
(a) To investigate a connection between Weir and the Wolf.
(b) To investigate the Weasel's background.
(c) To investigate a possible bombing there.
(d) To have a vacation.
11. What are Martin Lodge's final words to Alex?
(a) This was my piece of the puzzle.
(b) Take care of my children.
(c) I'm sorry.
(d) Protect my wife.
12. How much money does Alex discover is in the bank Corky Hancock did business with?
(a) Over 6,000,000.
(b) Over 4,000,000.
(c) Over 5,000.
(d) Over 60,000.
13. What damage is caused by this explosion?
(a) The historic site is demolished, but nothing else is harmed.
(b) Residential homes are destroyed and a bridge collapses.
(c) Another bridge.
(d) None, the bomb was too small.
14. When Alex is released from his kidnappers, what item is handcuffed to his wrist?
(a) A briefcase filled with more ransom demands.
(b) Another kidnap victim.
(c) The dead body of Tom Weir.
(d) A suitcase nuke.
15. What vehicle nearly knocks Alex down on his walk to the Prefecture de Police in chapter 77?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A bus.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A van.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explodes at Scotland Yard during a meeting Alex is attending in chapter 64?
2. Who is Martin Lodge?
3. Where does Alex go to investigate the interesting transaction he found in Corky Hancock's bank account?
4. What information does Corky give agents about the Wolf?
5. Why does Alex wander out into the backyard of the house connected to the car purchases in Hancock's Swiss bank account?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)