|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Wolf killed?
(a) Alex shoots him and he falls from the roof.
(b) The driver of the car misjudges his speed.
(c) He misses his destination and hits the ground.
(d) The helicopter pilot tips and he falls.
2. What is Alex's impression of his new, French partner, Etienne Marteau?
(a) He is a good cop.
(b) He is an incompetent investigator.
(c) He has been assigned to stop Alex from finding anything.
(d) He has been assigned to watch, not help.
3. What item is shown to Alex, telling him it has been planted in all the target cities throughout the world?
(a) A surface to air missile.
(b) A suitcase nuke.
(c) A Daisy Cutter bomb.
(d) An M-16 riffle.
4. What transaction in the bank account connected to Corky Hancock does Alex find interesting?
(a) The purchase of an island.
(b) The purchase of four race cars.
(c) The purchase of three homes.
(d) The purchase of an antique bridge.
5. What happens to the house connected to the car purchases in Hancock's Swiss bank account after the raid?
(a) Three men open fire with machine guns.
(b) It explodes from a car bomb.
(c) It is hit with a missile.
(d) Three men fire on it with rocket launchers.
6. Why does Alex wander out into the backyard of the house connected to the car purchases in Hancock's Swiss bank account?
(a) To look for more suspects.
(b) To check out the garage.
(c) To avoid the gun fight.
(d) To look for Martin Lodge.
7. Where does Alex take his son, Alex Jr., on a brief visit to see him?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York City.
(d) Washington, D.C.
8. What is La Crim?
(a) A painting in the Louvre.
(b) A crime novel in French.
(c) A political group.
(d) An old police station.
9. Where does the Wolf lead Alex in a foot race?
(a) A busy park.
(b) A parade route.
(c) A department store.
(d) A busy mall.
10. Why does the Wolf jump off the roof of the building where he has tried to lose Alex?
(a) To jump to his death.
(b) To land on a passing car.
(c) To enter a helicopter.
(d) To reach a neighboring building.
11. What medication does the Wolf refuse to have?
(b) A sedative.
(d) Pain medication.
12. How much money does Alex discover is in the bank Corky Hancock did business with?
(a) Over 6,000,000.
(b) Over 4,000,000.
(c) Over 60,000.
(d) Over 5,000.
13. Why does Alex have Joe Cahill arrested?
(a) Alex dislikes him.
(b) He refuses to answer questions.
(c) He punches Alex.
(d) He is using illegal drugs.
14. What are Martin Lodge's final words to Alex?
(a) I'm sorry.
(b) Protect my wife.
(c) Take care of my children.
(d) This was my piece of the puzzle.
15. Who is Martin Lodge?
(a) A CIA agent.
(b) An agent with Interpol.
(c) An FBI agent.
(d) Detective Superintendent with Scotland Yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unusual setting is the Wolf seen in when he arrives in Paris?
2. Why does Ron Burns send Alex Cross to Paris?
3. How does the Wolf escape Alex as he leaves the doctor's office?
4. What does the Wolf do when he leaves his meeting in Montauk, Long Island?
5. What information does Alex learn about Martin Lodge's wife that he was not aware of before?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)