|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What public structure does the Wolf appear to favor in his destructive behavior?
(a) Residential homes.
(d) Government buildings.
2. Who does Alex go to see after his visit with Alex Jr?
(a) Sandra Greenburg.
(b) Kayla Coles.
(c) Jamilla Hughes.
(d) Christine Johnson.
3. Who does the Wolf order the Weasel to visit while he is in London?
(a) His children.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His grandparents.
(d) His wife.
4. How do agents find Corky Hancock when they enter his house?
(a) Asleep on the couch.
(b) Dead in his bed.
(c) In bed with an Asian woman.
(d) Unconscious from a drug overdose.
5. Why does Alex show Joe Cahill a picture of Nikki Williams?
(a) Joe hired Nikki to kill Weir.
(b) Joe is known to have worked with Nikki.
(c) Joe was once involved with Nikki romantically.
(d) Joe served with Nikki in the military.
6. What woman in Alex's life, besides Nana Mama, intimidates him in this novel?
(a) His wife, Maria.
(b) Jamilla Hughes.
(c) Kayla Coles.
(d) Christine Johnson.
7. Why does Alex go to speak with Joe Cahill?
(a) He is known to have inside information on all CIA cases.
(b) He is a retired CIA agent who handled the Wolf.
(c) He is suspected to be the Wolf.
(d) His is known to have personal knowledge of Weir's private affairs.
8. How is the Wolf killed?
(a) The helicopter pilot tips and he falls.
(b) Alex shoots him and he falls from the roof.
(c) The driver of the car misjudges his speed.
(d) He misses his destination and hits the ground.
9. Why does the Weasel meet with his old war buddy, Henry Seymour?
(a) To hire him to blow up a public structure in London.
(b) To ask him to watch over his family.
(c) To reminisce about the past.
(d) To warn him to get out of London.
10. What order does the Wolf give to the Weasel while he makes a visit to relatives in London?
(a) Not to evacuate them from the city.
(b) Not to kill them.
(c) Not to take them gifts.
(d) Not to tell them what he has been doing.
11. Why does Ron Burns send Alex Cross to Paris?
(a) To investigate a possible bombing there.
(b) To have a vacation.
(c) To investigate a connection between Weir and the Wolf.
(d) To investigate the Weasel's background.
12. What public structure is blown up with a car bomb in London?
(a) Westminster Abby.
(b) London Bridge.
(c) Big Ben.
(d) Westminster Bridge.
13. What medical procedure is the Wolf having done in New York?
(a) A tonsilectomy.
(b) Extensive plastic surgery.
(c) An appendectomy.
(d) A transfusion.
14. Who announces the payment of the ransom to the Wolf?
(a) The French president.
(b) The American president.
(c) The English prime minister.
(d) The German president.
15. What happens ten minutes after the Wolf's deadline for the ransom payment?
(a) A bomb rocks New York.
(b) Bombs rock Paris, London, and New York simultaneously.
(c) A bomb rocks Paris.
(d) A bomb rocks London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Alex find in Corky Hancock's house that takes him to Switzerland?
2. What happens to the house connected to the car purchases in Hancock's Swiss bank account after the raid?
3. What medication does the Wolf refuse to have?
4. What is Alex's impression of his new, French partner, Etienne Marteau?
5. How much money does the Wolf want in ransom to stop the worldwide destruction he has planned?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)