|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What one question plagues Alex Cross about the Sunrise Valley site?
(a) Why this town?
(b) Why only one casualty?
(c) Why a bomb?
(d) Why so little destruction?
2. What is TriBeCa?
(a) An electronics plant near the Holland Tunnel.
(b) A meatpacking company near the Holland Tunnel.
(c) A borough of New York City.
(d) A city in New Jersey.
3. What event does John Sampson claim has made him happy for the first time in years?
(d) A successful case.
4. What animal does the Weasel chase from his doorstep as the novel opens?
5. What weapon is in a plane flying over Frances and Dougie's hometown?
(a) M-16 military riffle.
(b) Atomic bomb.
(c) BLU-96 Daisy Cutter bomb.
(d) Surface to air missile.
6. What are Frances and Dougie told to do in chapters 3-5?
(a) Give up their children.
(b) Evacuate the area.
(c) Organize a party.
(d) Serve dinner.
7. Who calls during a meeting Alex attends with the directors of the FBI, CIA, and Homeland Security?
(a) The Weasel.
(b) The Badger.
(c) The Fox.
(d) The Wolf.
8. Who does the caller refer to as liars?
(a) The FBI.
(b) Homeland Security.
(c) Law Enforcement agents in general.
(d) The CIA.
9. What happens when Alex witnesses a wheelchair-bound man entering Dr. Cassady's apartment and he goes to arrest him?
(a) The Weasel shoots him.
(b) It is not the Weasel, but an actor.
(c) The Weasel escapes through a window.
(d) He arrests the Weasel.
10. What one necessity is FEMA afraid Washington, D.C. or New York City cannot provide in the event of a large bomb attack?
(d) Medical care.
11. What are PMCs?
(a) Private Medical Companies.
(b) Private Military Companies.
(c) Personal Military Companies.
(d) Personal Marine Corps.
12. Why does Alex go to Gitmo?
(a) To interview a Mafia leiutenant.
(b) To interview a patient.
(c) To interview a Saudi Arabian prisoner.
(d) To interview a psychopathic killer.
13. What does Christine Johnson do for a living?
(a) School teacher.
(b) Private detective.
(c) Homicide detective.
(d) School principal.
14. Who is Nikki Williams?
(a) Someone the Weasel has hired to fool Alex Cross into believing she is the Weasel.
(b) An ex-military captain and assassin.
(c) John Sampson's new wife.
(d) A girlfriend of Alex Cross.
15. Why does Monnie theorize that the Wolf chose the Weasel to work with on this terror plan?
(a) His ability to disguise himself.
(b) His military experience.
(c) His connection to Alex.
(d) His psychopathic behaviors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alex stuff the phone in an oven mitt when he returns home in chapters 40-45?
2. Who are the two men who caused the alarms at the Hoover Building?
3. What does the pilot of the aircraft say to Nikki Williams just before he shoots her?
4. In what city is the Wolf in at the beginning of chapter 12?
5. How does Yelizaveta Abramtsov Americanize her name?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)