Prologue and Chapters 1 and 2
* Geoffrey Shafer, known as the Weasel, is living happily in Brazil where he often prowls the area and kills prostitutes.
* Geoffrey Shafer is lured by a young woman to his home where he is beaten and tortured by someone called the Wolf.
* The girl who lured Shafer home is killed.
Part 1: Chapters 3, 4 and 5
* A tiny town in Nevada is evacuated by soldiers for hire.
* The Wolf watches the evacuation.
* A bomb is constructed in a plane as it flies over the tiny town in Nevada.
* The bomb is fired and explodes over the town, leaving total destruction.
Part 1: Chapters 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11
* Alex Cross visits his son, Alex Jr., in Washington State.
* Alex goes to San Francisco to visit his girlfriend, Jamilla Hughes, but is quickly called away by the FBI.
* Alex arrives in Sunrise Valley, the site of the bombing.
* Alex learns pictures were taken...
This section contains 1,616 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)