|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the “fadedly feminine” English professor that lives with Miss Lester, according to the narrator in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Miss Cormorant.
(b) Miss Fabian.
(c) Miss Gold.
(d) Miss Molar.
2. How many times does H.H. say he visited Lolita at the hospital in Part 2, Chapter 22?
3. Where do H.H. and Lolita stay in a two-room cabin in Elphinstone in Part 2, Chapter 22?
(a) Emerald Bay Court.
(b) Golden Spike Court.
(c) Diamond Lake Court.
(d) Silver Spur Court.
4. Inside of what book of Lolita’s does H.H. say he once discovered eight one-dollar notes in Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) Treasure Island.
(c) Don Quixote.
(d) Robinson Crusoe.
5. Who reports that Lolita’s “tennis form is excellent to superb” in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) Miss Gold.
(b) Miss Redcock.
(c) Miss Molar.
(d) Miss Cormorant.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator in Part 2, Chapter 23, “thousand-mile stretch of silk-smooth road separated Kasbeam” from where?
2. How many clues does H.H. collect as he tracks Lolita and her kidnapper in Part 2, Chapter 23?
3. Which of Lolita’s school friends is described by H.H. as “a displaced little person from France” in Part 2, Chapter 9?
4. Who is H.H. told checked Lolita out of the hospital in Part 2, Chapter 22?
5. At what motel office does H.H. discover Lolita’s kidnapper has written his entry as “Dr. Gratiano Forbeson, Mirandola, NY” in Part 2, Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vladimir Nabokov demonstrate irony in Part 2, Chapter 2?
2. What does H.H. remark about the poem he has written in Part 2, Chapter 25?
3. How has Lolita’s behavior toward H.H. changed in Part 2, Chapter 3? What are his principle motivations in this chapter?
4. Why does H.H. regret not going to Mexico in Part 2, Chapter 3?
5. How does the narrator describe the conflicts and resolutions between himself and Lolita in Part 2, Chapter 2?
6. When does Miss Pratt call H.H. to a meeting in Part 2, Chapter 11? What are his impressions as he enters the meeting?
7. What does Miss Pratt inform H.H. about his stepdaughter’s performance at the Beardsley School in Part 2, Chapter 11?
8. How does H.H. go about finding the missing Lolita in Part 2, Chapter 19?
9. Where do H.H. and Lolita go after leaving the Enchanted Hunters Inn in Part 2, Chapter 1? Where do they stay?
10. What does Miss Pratt suggest regarding Lolita’s performance in the drama department in Part 2, Chapter 11? How does H.H. respond?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)