|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what motel office does H.H. discover Lolita’s kidnapper has written his entry as “Dr. Gratiano Forbeson, Mirandola, NY” in Part 2, Chapter 23?
(a) Shooting Star Lodge.
(b) Dogwood Lodge.
(c) Sequoia Lodge.
(d) Ponderosa Lodge.
2. Among whom does the narrator claim in Part 2, Chapter 1 “sexual relations between a father and his daughter are accepted as a matter of course”?
3. In what play does Miss Pratt say that Lolita must be allowed to participate in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) The Hunted Enchanters.
(b) A Midsummer's Night Dream.
(c) The Crucible.
(d) Our Town.
4. H.H. describes inspecting “a collection of European hotel picture post cards in a museum devoted to hobbies” at a resort where, in Part 2, Chapter 2?
5. The narrator says of Lolita’s friend Mona in Part 2, Chapter 9 that she “was burdened with” an I.Q. of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says in Part 2, Chapter 18, “thought to myself how those fast little articles forget everything, everything, while we, old lovers, treasure every inch of their” what?
2. What month is it when Miss Pratt asks H.H. to come for a talk to discuss Lolita’s progress in school in Part 2, Chapter 11?
3. What is the name of the cleaning woman who H.H. “inherited with the vacuum cleaner from the previous tenants” in Part 2, Chapter 5?
4. How far does H.H. say he drove to buy books for Lolita while she was hospitalized in Part 2, Chapter 22?
5. Who is H.H. told checked Lolita out of the hospital in Part 2, Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does H.H. describe about his and Lolita’s experiences at the cinema in Part 2, Chapter 3?
2. What events does H.H. describe during the period surrounding Lolita’s birthday in Part 2, Chapter 12?
3. How does H.H. describe his and Lolita’s arrival in Beardsley in Part 2, Chapter 4? Why has he come here?
4. How does the narrator characterize Lolita’s demeanor in Part 2, Chapter 1?
5. What does Lolita’s school friend write to her in Part 2, Chapter 19? What happens as H.H. reads the letter?
6. What does H.H. remark about the poem he has written in Part 2, Chapter 25?
7. How does H.H. effectively manipulate Lolita into secrecy regarding their sexual relationship in Part 2, Chapter 1?
8. How does H.H. go about finding the missing Lolita in Part 2, Chapter 19?
9. How has Lolita’s behavior toward H.H. changed in Part 2, Chapter 3? What are his principle motivations in this chapter?
10. What does H.H. surmise about the play that Lolita is performing in, in Part 2, Chapter 13?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)