|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. H.H. describes finding over twenty-four dollars hoarded by Lolita in a hole in the wall behind what painting in Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) Whistler's Mother.
(b) Water Lillies.
(c) The Mona Lisa.
(d) Starry Night.
2. Who does H.H. believe to be following him and Lolita in a red convertible in Part 2, Chapter 18?
(a) John Farlow.
(b) Dr. Byron.
(c) Gustave Trapp.
(d) Richard Schiller.
3. H.H. says he and Lolita were “somewhere between Snow and” what town when they got a flat in Part 2, Chapter 19?
4. The narrator describes a “man having a lavish epileptic fit on the ground” where, in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) Boulder Canyon State Park.
(b) Humboldt Redwoods State Park.
(c) Russian Gulch State Park.
(d) Boulder Rapids State Park.
5. According to the narrator in Part 2, Chapter 23, “thousand-mile stretch of silk-smooth road separated Kasbeam” from where?
Short Answer Questions
1. H.H. tells Lolita in Part 2, Chapter 15 that she should watch her diet, telling her “The tour of your thigh, you know, should not exceed” what?
2. What is the name of the “brisk, briskly rouged, blue-eyed widow who ran the motor court” in Part 2, Chapter 22?
3. Who has rented H.H. and Lolita a house in Part 2, Chapter 3?
4. Which of Lolita’s school friends is described by H.H. as “a displaced little person from France” in Part 2, Chapter 9?
5. In what play does Miss Pratt say that Lolita must be allowed to participate in Part 2, Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the conflicts and resolutions between himself and Lolita in Part 2, Chapter 2?
2. When does Miss Pratt call H.H. to a meeting in Part 2, Chapter 11? What are his impressions as he enters the meeting?
3. How does the narrator characterize Lolita’s demeanor in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. How has Lolita’s behavior toward H.H. changed in Part 2, Chapter 3? What are his principle motivations in this chapter?
5. How does H.H. effectively manipulate Lolita into secrecy regarding their sexual relationship in Part 2, Chapter 1?
6. How does H.H. describe his friendship with Gaston Godin in Part 2? Why is H.H. not as concerned about Gaston as he is the other neighbors?
7. How does H.H. characterize his neighbors in Beardsley in Part 2, Chapter 4? What relationship does he carry on with these characters?
8. What does H.H. surmise about the play that Lolita is performing in, in Part 2, Chapter 13?
9. Where do H.H. and Lolita go after leaving the Enchanted Hunters Inn in Part 2, Chapter 1? Where do they stay?
10. What does H.H. learn from the hospital regarding Lolita’s departure and location in Part 2, Chapter 22? How does he respond?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)