|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Lolita’s school friends is described in Part 2, Chapter 9 as “a plump lateral child with hairy legs”?
(a) Avis Chapman.
(b) Eva Rosen.
(c) Mona Dahl.
(d) Shirley Holmes.
2. What woman does H.H. become involved in after Lolita’s departure in Part 2, Chapter 26?
3. What author of Ulysses does the narrator mention in Part 2, Chapter 18?
(a) Charlie Holmes.
(b) Vladimir Nabokov.
(c) Jerome Dunn.
(d) James Joyce.
4. Where do H.H. and Lolita stay in a two-room cabin in Elphinstone in Part 2, Chapter 22?
(a) Emerald Bay Court.
(b) Golden Spike Court.
(c) Silver Spur Court.
(d) Diamond Lake Court.
5. How many clues does H.H. collect as he tracks Lolita and her kidnapper in Part 2, Chapter 23?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lolita passionately desire to see the Ceremonial Dances marking the seasonal opening of Magic Cave, in Part 2, Chapter 16?
2. How far does H.H. say he drove to buy books for Lolita while she was hospitalized in Part 2, Chapter 22?
3. According to the narrator in Part 2, Chapter 23, he and Lolita had seldom made more than how many miles per day during their most recent journey?
4. Which of Lolita’s friends is referred to by the narrator as “the school tennis champion” in Part 2, Chapter 9?
5. What does H.H. say he detests “as being a primitive and putrid form, historically speaking; a form that smacks of stone-age rites and communal nonsense despite those individual injections of genius” in Part 2, Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events does H.H. describe during the period surrounding Lolita’s birthday in Part 2, Chapter 12?
2. What does H.H. surmise about the play that Lolita is performing in, in Part 2, Chapter 13?
3. Who does H.H. believe to be following him and Lolita in Part 2, Chapter 18? For how long has he been tailed?
4. What mysterious incident takes place involving a phone call to H.H. in Part 2, Chapter 21?
5. What does Miss Pratt inform H.H. about his stepdaughter’s performance at the Beardsley School in Part 2, Chapter 11?
6. How does H.H. go about finding Lolita in Part 2, Chapter 23? How successful is he in tracking her down?
7. Where does Lolita claim to have been during her absence in Part 2, Chapter 19? How does H.H. respond?
8. Why does H.H. regret not going to Mexico in Part 2, Chapter 3?
9. How does H.H. describe his friendship with Gaston Godin in Part 2? Why is H.H. not as concerned about Gaston as he is the other neighbors?
10. How has Lolita’s behavior toward H.H. changed in Part 2, Chapter 3? What are his principle motivations in this chapter?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)