|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What locale is described in Part 2, Chapter 16 as the “gem of a western State where [Lolita] yearned to climb Red Rock”?
2. How many hotels, motels and tourist homes does H.H. say he stayed in as he tracked Lolita and her kidnapper in Part 2, Chapter 23?
3. The narrator states in Part 2, Chapter 1 that after zig-zagging across the country with Lolita from August 1947 to August 1948, they eventually petered out and settled in what college town?
4. The narrator says in Part 2, Chapter 18, “thought to myself how those fast little articles forget everything, everything, while we, old lovers, treasure every inch of their” what?
5. Where does H.H. describe Professor Albert Riggs living in Part 2, Chapter 24?
(a) 621 Lorenz Lane.
(b) 24 Pritchard Road.
(c) 290 Walter Street.
(d) 748 Humphrey Avenue.
6. According to the narrator in Part 2, Chapter 23, he and Lolita had seldom made more than how many miles per day during their most recent journey?
7. Where does Lolita passionately desire to see the Ceremonial Dances marking the seasonal opening of Magic Cave, in Part 2, Chapter 16?
(a) Abilene, Kansas.
(b) Independence, Missouri.
(c) Poplar Cove, North Carolina.
(d) Wace, Continental Divide.
8. Which of Lolita’s school friends is described in Part 2, Chapter 9 as “a plump lateral child with hairy legs”?
(a) Eva Rosen.
(b) Shirley Holmes.
(c) Mona Dahl.
(d) Avis Chapman.
9. What does H.H. describe Lolita’s weekly allowance as at “the start of the Beardsley era” in Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) 10 cents.
(b) 21 cents.
(c) 72 cents.
(d) 50 cents.
10. H.H. describes going with Lolita to see “granite obelisk commemorating the Battle of” what, in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) “Goose Green.”
(b) “Wounded Knee.”
(c) “Blue Licks.”
(d) “Bull Run.”
11. The narrator describes a “man having a lavish epileptic fit on the ground” where, in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) Boulder Canyon State Park.
(b) Humboldt Redwoods State Park.
(c) Boulder Rapids State Park.
(d) Russian Gulch State Park.
12. H.H. tells Lolita in Part 2, Chapter 1 that if she should go to the authorities, he will be arrested but she will become the ward of whom?
(a) The Department of the Treasury.
(b) The Department of Orphaned Children.
(c) The Department of Child Health.
(d) The Department of Public Welfare.
13. The narrator states in Part 2, Chapter 20, “By permitting Lolita to study acting I had, fond fool, suffered her to” what?
(a) “Hide her feelings.”
(b) “Live a fantasy.”
(c) “Develop a fondness for drama.”
(d) “Cultivate deceit.”
14. Who is Bill Mead’s companion on the tennis courts in Part 2, Chapter 20?
(a) Eva Rosen.
(b) Mary Rose Hamilton.
(c) Fay Page.
(d) Leslie Tomson.
15. What author of Ulysses does the narrator mention in Part 2, Chapter 18?
(a) Jerome Dunn.
(b) James Joyce.
(c) Vladimir Nabokov.
(d) Charlie Holmes.
Short Answer Questions
1. H.H. tells Lolita in Part 2, Chapter 15 that she should watch her diet, telling her “The tour of your thigh, you know, should not exceed” what?
2. When H.H. asks Lolita’s school friend about what kind of boys Lolita knows in Part 2, Chapter 9, the girl replies that they are rivals for whose affections?
3. What does H.H. describe Lolita’s weekly allowance at the end of “the Beardsley era” in Part 2, Chapter 7?
4. How much per day does Lolita’s private hospital room cost, according to the narrator in Part 2, Chapter 22?
5. Who does H.H. believe to be following him and Lolita in a red convertible in Part 2, Chapter 18?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)