|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. H.H. describes visiting Little Iceberg Lake somewhere in what state in Part 2, Chapter 2?
2. H.H. tells Lolita in Part 2, Chapter 1 that if she should go to the authorities, he will be arrested but she will become the ward of whom?
(a) The Department of the Treasury.
(b) The Department of Child Health.
(c) The Department of Orphaned Children.
(d) The Department of Public Welfare.
3. Who has rented H.H. and Lolita a house in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) John Galsworthy.
(b) Gustave Trapp.
(c) John Farlow.
(d) Gaston Grodin.
4. Among whom does the narrator claim in Part 2, Chapter 1 “sexual relations between a father and his daughter are accepted as a matter of course”?
5. What locale is described in Part 2, Chapter 16 as the “gem of a western State where [Lolita] yearned to climb Red Rock”?
6. The narrator describes a “man having a lavish epileptic fit on the ground” where, in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) Boulder Canyon State Park.
(b) Humboldt Redwoods State Park.
(c) Russian Gulch State Park.
(d) Boulder Rapids State Park.
7. To what doctor does H.H. take Lolita when she becomes ill in Part 2, Chapter 22?
(a) Dr. Quilty.
(b) Dr. Byron.
(c) Dr. Blue.
(d) Dr. Tristramson.
8. The narrator says of Lolita’s friend Mona in Part 2, Chapter 9 that she “was burdened with” an I.Q. of what?
9. What does H.H. describe Lolita’s weekly allowance at the end of “the Beardsley era” in Part 2, Chapter 7?
10. The man who rents H.H. his home in Part 2, Chapter 4 is a teacher of what at the local college?
11. H.H. tells Lolita in Part 2, Chapter 15 that she should watch her diet, telling her “The tour of your thigh, you know, should not exceed” what?
(a) “Nineteen inches.”
(b) “Seventeen and a half inches.”
(c) “Fifteen and three quarter inches.”
(d) “Fourteen and one quarter inches.”
12. What does H.H. describe Lolita’s weekly allowance as at “the start of the Beardsley era” in Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) 50 cents.
(b) 72 cents.
(c) 10 cents.
(d) 21 cents.
13. Who is the college clergyman that also teaches Bible at Beardsley School in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) Linda Hall
(b) Vanessa van Ness.
(c) Clare Quilty.
(d) Shirley Holmes.
14. What location does the narrator describe in Part 2, Chapter 2, as somber with “its colored hot springs, baby geysers, rainbows of bubbling mud--symbols of my passion”?
(a) Glacier Park.
(b) Yellowstone Park.
(c) Yosemite Park.
(d) Crater Lake Park.
15. How far does H.H. say he drove to buy books for Lolita while she was hospitalized in Part 2, Chapter 22?
(a) 60 miles.
(b) 45 miles.
(c) 12 miles.
(d) 25 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miss Pratt say thinks Lolita is “myopic and should see a good ophthalmologist” in Part 2, Chapter 11?
2. When H.H. asks Lolita’s school friend about what kind of boys Lolita knows in Part 2, Chapter 9, the girl replies that they are rivals for whose affections?
3. What month is it when Miss Pratt asks H.H. to come for a talk to discuss Lolita’s progress in school in Part 2, Chapter 11?
4. With whom is Lolita allowed to take piano lessons in Part 2, Chapter 14?
5. Who is the author of the play The Enchanted Hunters in the novel?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)