|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what act does the narrator say he deplores “as lending itself to a dreadful pun, the revenge that the Gods of Semantics take against tight-zippered Philistines” in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) The Doll Act.
(b) The Tate Act.
(c) The Robinson Act.
(d) The Mann Act.
2. Where does H.H. describe Professor Albert Riggs living in Part 2, Chapter 24?
(a) 748 Humphrey Avenue.
(b) 290 Walter Street.
(c) 24 Pritchard Road.
(d) 621 Lorenz Lane.
3. The narrator states in Part 2, Chapter 1 that after zig-zagging across the country with Lolita from August 1947 to August 1948, they eventually petered out and settled in what college town?
4. Who is the college clergyman that also teaches Bible at Beardsley School in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) Linda Hall
(b) Vanessa van Ness.
(c) Clare Quilty.
(d) Shirley Holmes.
5. What month is it when Miss Pratt asks H.H. to come for a talk to discuss Lolita’s progress in school in Part 2, Chapter 11?
6. At what motel office does H.H. discover Lolita’s kidnapper has written his entry as “Dr. Gratiano Forbeson, Mirandola, NY” in Part 2, Chapter 23?
(a) Dogwood Lodge.
(b) Ponderosa Lodge.
(c) Sequoia Lodge.
(d) Shooting Star Lodge.
7. In what small town with a population of 1001 do Lolita and H.H. have breakfast in Part 2, Chapter 18?
8. How far does H.H. say he drove to buy books for Lolita while she was hospitalized in Part 2, Chapter 22?
(a) 60 miles.
(b) 12 miles.
(c) 25 miles.
(d) 45 miles.
9. The narrator says in Part 2, Chapter 18, “thought to myself how those fast little articles forget everything, everything, while we, old lovers, treasure every inch of their” what?
10. Which of Lolita’s school friends is described in Part 2, Chapter 9 as “handsome in a coarse sensual way and only a year older than my aging mistress”?
(a) Shirley Holmes.
(b) Mona Dahl.
(c) Linda Hall.
(d) Eva Rosen.
11. What location is described as the “home of the Wild Bill Something Rodeo” in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) Abilene, Kansas.
(b) Durango, Colorado.
(c) Cody, Wyoming.
(d) Billings, Montana.
12. Where does H.H. describe seeing a “boulder, with a plaque, in memory of the author of “Trees” in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) Birch Knoll, New York.
(b) Maple Hill, Pennsylvania.
(c) Pine Point, Maine.
(d) Poplar Cove, North Carolina.
13. What is the address of the house that H.H. rents for himself and Lolita in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) 46 Baker Street.
(b) 77 Franklin Street.
(c) 14 Thayer Street.
(d) 29 Reynolds Street.
14. What does H.H. describe Lolita’s weekly allowance at the end of “the Beardsley era” in Part 2, Chapter 7?
15. The narrator says of Lolita’s friend Mona in Part 2, Chapter 9 that she “was burdened with” an I.Q. of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Lolita’s school friends is described in Part 2, Chapter 9 as “a plump lateral child with hairy legs”?
2. Where does Lolita passionately desire to see the Ceremonial Dances marking the seasonal opening of Magic Cave, in Part 2, Chapter 16?
3. The narrator describes a “man having a lavish epileptic fit on the ground” where, in Part 2, Chapter 2?
4. Of Lolita’s tennis abilities, the narrator says in Part 2, Chapter 20 that one of the pearls of her game “was a short half-volley that Ned Litam had taught her” where?
5. H.H. describes finding over twenty-four dollars hoarded by Lolita in a hole in the wall behind what painting in Part 2, Chapter 7?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)