|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the cleaning woman who H.H. “inherited with the vacuum cleaner from the previous tenants” in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Miss Honeck.
(b) Miss Dunn.
(c) Miss Chapman.
(d) Mrs. Holigan.
2. The narrator describes a “man having a lavish epileptic fit on the ground” where, in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) Boulder Rapids State Park.
(b) Russian Gulch State Park.
(c) Boulder Canyon State Park.
(d) Humboldt Redwoods State Park.
3. Where does H.H. describe Professor Albert Riggs living in Part 2, Chapter 24?
(a) 24 Pritchard Road.
(b) 621 Lorenz Lane.
(c) 748 Humphrey Avenue.
(d) 290 Walter Street.
4. Which of Lolita’s friends is referred to by the narrator as “the school tennis champion” in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) Linda Hall.
(b) Shirley Holmes.
(c) Vanessa van Ness.
(d) Clare Quilty.
5. H.H. says that on his cross-country adventure with Lolita from August 1947 to August 1948, they avoided Florida because who were there in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Mark and Michelle Anderson.
(b) Michael and Andrew Smith.
(c) Lolita's grandparents.
(d) John and Jean Farlow.
6. The narrator states in Part 2, Chapter 1 that after zig-zagging across the country with Lolita from August 1947 to August 1948, they eventually petered out and settled in what college town?
7. When Lolita becomes ill in Part 2, Chapter 22, H.H. says he immediately thinks of what, “as any American parent would”?
8. To what doctor does H.H. take Lolita when she becomes ill in Part 2, Chapter 22?
(a) Dr. Tristramson.
(b) Dr. Quilty.
(c) Dr. Byron.
(d) Dr. Blue.
9. Which of Lolita’s school friends is described in Part 2, Chapter 9 as “a plump lateral child with hairy legs”?
(a) Eva Rosen.
(b) Mona Dahl.
(c) Avis Chapman.
(d) Shirley Holmes.
10. Where does H.H. describe seeing a “boulder, with a plaque, in memory of the author of “Trees” in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) Maple Hill, Pennsylvania.
(b) Pine Point, Maine.
(c) Birch Knoll, New York.
(d) Poplar Cove, North Carolina.
11. H.H. says he and Lolita were “somewhere between Snow and” what town when they got a flat in Part 2, Chapter 19?
12. How tall does H.H. describe his “little concubine” in Part 2, Chapter 15?
(a) 60 inches.
(b) 54 inches.
(c) 64 inches.
(d) 45 inches.
13. How much per day does Lolita’s private hospital room cost, according to the narrator in Part 2, Chapter 22?
14. Where do H.H. and Lolita stay in a two-room cabin in Elphinstone in Part 2, Chapter 22?
(a) Emerald Bay Court.
(b) Silver Spur Court.
(c) Diamond Lake Court.
(d) Golden Spike Court.
15. What are the “four D’s” that are stressed at the girl’s school where Lolita begins studying in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Decisions, Dreams, Details, and Drawing.
(b) Dramatics, Details, Debating, and Drawing.
(c) Dramatics, Dance, Debating, and Dating.
(d) Decisions, Dance, Dreams, and Dating.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the address of the house that H.H. rents for himself and Lolita in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4?
2. What was the girl’s name who accompanied “Dr. Gratiano Forbeson, Mirandola, NY,” according to the motel clerk in Part 2, Chapter 23?
3. Who reports that Lolita’s “tennis form is excellent to superb” in Part 2, Chapter 11?
4. Which of Lolita’s school friends is described in Part 2, Chapter 9 as “handsome in a coarse sensual way and only a year older than my aging mistress”?
5. How many times does H.H. say he visited Lolita at the hospital in Part 2, Chapter 22?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)