|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator claims in Part 1, Chapter 11 that the “median age of pubescence for girls has been found to be thirteen years and nine months in New York and” what city?
(b) “San Francisco.”
2. Of Lolita, the narrator says in Part 1, Chapter 29, “Her kiss, to my delirious embarrassment, had some rather comical refinements of flutter and probe which made me conclude she had been coached at an early age by” what?
(a) “An older friend.”
(b) “A prostitute.”
(c) “A sinful whore.”
(d) “A little Lesbian.”
3. Valeria tells H.H. that she has another man in her life who is an ex-colonel from where?
4. What was the name of H.H.’s aunt who served as a kind of governess and housekeeper to him?
5. The narrator describes Lolita as standing how tall “in one sock” in Part 1, Chapter 1?
6. Where has Charlotte “mapped out” for Lolita to attend college in Part 1, Chapter 20?
(a) Beardsley College.
(b) Kasbeam College.
(c) Abilene College.
(d) Briceland College.
7. Where does H.H. go on a twenty-month expedition as a “recorder of psychic reactions”?
8. What is the name of Mrs. Chatfield’s daughter that is going to a summer camp in Part 1, Chapter 14?
9. The camp that Charlotte Haze is sending Lolita to in Part 1, Chapter 14 is run by whom?
(a) John Galsworthy.
(b) Shirley Holmes.
(c) Richard Schiller.
(d) Leslie Tompson.
10. Where does the narrator say Mrs. Phalli’s sister taught in Part 1, Chapter 20?
(a) St. Edwards.
(b) St. Joseph's.
(c) St. Mark's.
(d) St. Algebra.
11. What does the narrator say Lolita’s name was “on the dotted line” in Part 1, Chapter 1?
12. With whom did Lolita have her first heterosexual experience?
(a) Gustove Trapp.
(b) John Farlow.
(c) John Galsworthy.
(d) Charlie Holmes.
13. Because the picnic is postponed, Lolita refuses to go where with her mother in Part 1, Chapter 13?
(a) To the shoe store.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To church.
(d) To the grocery store.
14. What name does the narrator give the “main character” in his described scenario with Lolita in Part 1, Chapter 13?
(a) “Humbert the Horrible.”
(b) “Humbert the Hummer.”
(c) “Humbert the Hasty.”
(d) “Humbert the Hero.”
15. What does H.H. describe Lolita’s weight as being when he is purchasing new clothes for her in Part 1, Chapter 25?
(a) 55 pounds.
(b) 60 pounds.
(c) 78 pounds.
(d) 71 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What girl does Lolita say “instructed her in various manipulations” at camp in Part 1, Chapter 32?
2. Where does Mrs. Haze live in Part 1, Chapter 10?
3. What did Annabel die from?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 29, H.H. says that “by six she was wide awake” and by what time were they “technically lovers”?
5. The narrator asserts in Part 1, Chapter 5 that “Dante fell madly in love with Beatrice when she was” how old?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)