|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator states in Part 2, Chapter 1 that after zig-zagging across the country with Lolita from August 1947 to August 1948, they eventually petered out and settled in what college town?
2. Which of Lolita’s school friends is described in Part 2, Chapter 9 as “handsome in a coarse sensual way and only a year older than my aging mistress”?
(a) Mona Dahl.
(b) Linda Hall.
(c) Eva Rosen.
(d) Shirley Holmes.
3. Who examines Lolita when she catches “a bad chill” in Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) Dr. Blue.
(b) Dr. Quilty.
(c) Dr. Ilse Tristramson.
(d) Dr. Byron.
4. Where does Mrs. Haze live in Part 1, Chapter 10?
(a) 475 Oak Lane.
(b) 342 Lawn Street.
(c) 173 Manzanita Way.
(d) 872 Maple Boulevard.
5. Valeria tells H.H. that she has another man in her life who is an ex-colonel from where?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mrs. Chatfield’s daughter that is going to a summer camp in Part 1, Chapter 14?
2. What does H.H. describe Lolita’s weekly allowance at the end of “the Beardsley era” in Part 2, Chapter 7?
3. What does H.H. say he detests “as being a primitive and putrid form, historically speaking; a form that smacks of stone-age rites and communal nonsense despite those individual injections of genius” in Part 2, Chapter 13?
4. What does H.H. describe Lolita’s weight as being when he is purchasing new clothes for her in Part 1, Chapter 25?
5. What location is described as the “home of the Wild Bill Something Rodeo” in Part 2, Chapter 2?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)