|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Miss Pratt say Lolita is “impossibly rude” in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) Miss Redcock.
(b) Miss Cormorant.
(c) Miss Molar.
(d) Miss Gold.
2. Of Lolita’s tennis abilities, the narrator says in Part 2, Chapter 20 that one of the pearls of her game “was a short half-volley that Ned Litam had taught her” where?
(a) “In California.”
(b) “In Washington.”
(c) “In Illinois.”
(d) “In Texas.”
3. The narrator states in Part 1, Chapter 31, “The stipulation of the Roman law, according to which a girl may marry at twelve, was adopted by” what?
(a) “The State government.
(b) “The Church.”
(c) “The Federal government.”
(d) “The local voters.”
4. Who comes down to the lake to paint as H.H. and Charlotte are laying in the “private beach” area in Part 1, Chapter 20?
(a) Jerome Dunn.
(b) Jean Farlow.
(c) Charlie Holmes.
(d) Elizabeth Talbot.
5. Which of Lolita’s friends is referred to by the narrator as “the school tennis champion” in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) Clare Quilty.
(b) Shirley Holmes.
(c) Vanessa van Ness.
(d) Linda Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the “four D’s” that are stressed at the girl’s school where Lolita begins studying in Part 2, Chapter 4?
2. Where does H.H. go on a twenty-month expedition as a “recorder of psychic reactions”?
3. Where did Annabel die?
4. What is ART described as standing for in Part 2, Chapter 2?
5. What does Lolita carry in her hands when H.H. encounters her on Sunday morning in Part 1, Chapter 13?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)