|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 24-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H.H. describe Lolita’s weight as being when he is purchasing new clothes for her in Part 1, Chapter 25?
(a) 71 pounds.
(b) 55 pounds.
(c) 78 pounds.
(d) 60 pounds.
2. What is the name of Mrs. Chatfield’s daughter that is going to a summer camp in Part 1, Chapter 14?
3. According to the narrator of the novel, Valeria later dies during childbirth in what year?
4. What did Annabel die from?
(c) Lyme disease.
5. What is the name of the maid at Charlotte Haze’s home in Part 1, Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. Because the picnic is postponed, Lolita refuses to go where with her mother in Part 1, Chapter 13?
2. The narrator describes a pocket diary with what golden year inscribed in its upper left-hand corner in Part 1, Chapter 11?
3. Of his new wife Charlotte, the narrator states in Part 1, Chapter 18, “I discovered that although she could not control her heart or her cries, she was a woman of” what?
4. Where does the narrator say his father owned a luxurious hotel in Part 1, Chapter 2?
5. Charlotte Haze is described by the narrator in Part 1, Chapter 10 as having “quite simple but not unattractive features of a type that may be defined as a weak solution of” whom?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)