|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 24-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Charlotte “mapped out” for Lolita to attend college in Part 1, Chapter 20?
(a) Kasbeam College.
(b) Beardsley College.
(c) Abilene College.
(d) Briceland College.
2. The narrator describes the “Time” in his scenario with Lolita in Part 1, Chapter 13 as being in what month?
3. What is the name of Charlotte Haze’s late husband and Lolita’s father in the novel?
(a) Harold E. Haze.
(b) Richard Schiller.
(c) Gaston Godin.
(d) John Galsworthy.
4. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 22, the narrator states, “Remarkable how difficult it is to conceal things--especially when one's wife keeps” what?
(a) “Watch over everything.”
(b) “Denying herself sleep.”
(c) “Monkeying with the furniture.”
(d) “Cleaning every corner of the house.”
5. The narrator claims in Part 1, Chapter 11 that the “median age of pubescence for girls has been found to be thirteen years and nine months in New York and” what city?
(c) “San Francisco.”
Short Answer Questions
1. Of his new wife Charlotte, the narrator states in Part 1, Chapter 18, “I discovered that although she could not control her heart or her cries, she was a woman of” what?
2. Valeria tells H.H. that she has another man in her life who is an ex-colonel from where?
3. To what doctor does H.H. go to obtain sleeping medication in Part 1, Chapter 22?
4. The narrator states in Part 1, Chapter 1, “You can always count on a murderer for” what?
5. Who comes down to the lake to paint as H.H. and Charlotte are laying in the “private beach” area in Part 1, Chapter 20?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)