|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 13-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is H.H. unable to stay at the McCoos’ home in Part 1, Chapter 10?
(a) Their house burned down.
(b) Their house has been flooded.
(c) Mr. McCoo has been arrested.
(d) H.H.'s mother forbids it.
2. The narrator describes Lolita as standing how tall “in one sock” in Part 1, Chapter 1?
3. How does H.H. remove a speck from Lolita’s eye in Part 1, Chapter 11?
(a) He licks it out.
(b) He blows on it.
(c) With a piece of tape.
(d) He pinches it with his fingers.
4. Valeria tells H.H. that she has another man in her life who is an ex-colonel from where?
5. In what year does H.H. marry Valeria?
Short Answer Questions
1. Charlotte Haze says of her daughter in Part 1, Chapter 15 that she sees her as “a sturdy, healthy, but decidedly homely kid,” whereas Lolita sees herself as what?
2. The narrator describes a pocket diary with what golden year inscribed in its upper left-hand corner in Part 1, Chapter 11?
3. What is the full name of H.H. in the novel?
4. Lolita shows H.H. at picture from a magazine in Part 1, Chapter 13. In the picture, a surrealist painter is relaxing on a beach near a plaster replica of what work of art?
5. The narrator claims in Part 1, Chapter 11 that the “median age of pubescence for girls has been found to be thirteen years and nine months in New York and” what city?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)