|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 13-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lolita tells H.H. in Part 1, Chapter 11 that Ginny McCoo nearly died of what?
2. The narrator states in Part 1, Chapter 1, “You can always count on a murderer for” what?
(a) “A fancy prose style.”
(b) “A turn of matching turns.”
(c) “A solid alibi.”
(d) “A silent, wicked lie.”
3. In what year does H.H. marry Valeria?
4. Because the picnic is postponed, Lolita refuses to go where with her mother in Part 1, Chapter 13?
(a) To the grocery store.
(b) To the shoe store.
(c) To church.
(d) To the hospital.
5. What does the narrator say Lolita’s name was “on the dotted line” in Part 1, Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Charlotte Haze’s neighbor across the street who is described as an invalid?
2. What is the name of the dentist that Mrs. Haze uses that is also her neighbor in Part 1, Chapter 14?
3. What did Annabel die from?
4. The narrator of the novel says that he was born in what year in Part 1, Chapter 2?
5. The narrator describes the “Time” in his scenario with Lolita in Part 1, Chapter 13 as being in what month?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)