|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Annabel’s last name, according to the narrator in Part 1, Chapter 3?
2. How does H.H. remove a speck from Lolita’s eye in Part 1, Chapter 11?
(a) He licks it out.
(b) With a piece of tape.
(c) He blows on it.
(d) He pinches it with his fingers.
3. Lolita tells H.H. in Part 1, Chapter 11 that Ginny McCoo nearly died of what?
4. H.H. says it was June of what year when a “stray canary had fluttered into [Annabel’s] house and mine, in two widely separated countries” in Part 1, Chapter 4?
5. Where does H.H. go on a twenty-month expedition as a “recorder of psychic reactions”?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the final line of Part 1, Chapter 1, the narrator addresses the “ladies and gentlemen of the jury,” saying “Look at this tangle of” what?
2. Valeria tells H.H. that she has another man in her life who is an ex-colonel from where?
3. What was the maiden name of Annabel’s mother?
4. According to the narrator of the novel, Valeria later dies during childbirth in what year?
5. Charlotte Haze is described by the narrator in Part 1, Chapter 10 as having “quite simple but not unattractive features of a type that may be defined as a weak solution of” whom?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)