|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does H.H. hear that the McCoos have a room to rent in Part 1, Chapter 10?
2. What did Annabel die from?
(b) Lyme disease.
3. The narrator says in Part 1, Chapter 2 that his mother was an English girl and the daughter of what alpinist?
(a) Gustave Trapp.
(b) Charlie Holmes.
(c) Jerome Dunn.
(d) John Galsworthy.
4. Where does H.H. go on a twenty-month expedition as a “recorder of psychic reactions”?
5. What does Lolita carry in her hands when H.H. encounters her on Sunday morning in Part 1, Chapter 13?
(a) An orange.
(b) An apple.
(c) A banana.
(d) A coconut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Annabel die?
2. Charlotte Haze is described by the narrator in Part 1, Chapter 10 as having “quite simple but not unattractive features of a type that may be defined as a weak solution of” whom?
3. The narrator claims in Part 1, Chapter 11 that the “median age of pubescence for girls has been found to be thirteen years and nine months in New York and” what city?
4. Of his experience with Lolita earlier in the morning, the narrator says in Part 1, Chapter 14, “I felt proud of myself. I had stolen the honey of a spasm without impairing the morals of” what?
5. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 22, the narrator states, “Remarkable how difficult it is to conceal things--especially when one's wife keeps” what?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)