|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of his wife Charlotte, H.H. says in Part 1, Chapter 18, “the only couple with whom she had relations of real cordiality, devoid of any arriõre-pensèe or practical foresight, were” with what couple that had just returned from Chile?
(a) The Chapmans.
(b) The Hamiltons.
(c) The Farlows.
(d) The Galsworthys.
2. What couple in H.H. and Charlotte’s neighborhood has a “hysterical setter” that frequently chases cars?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Junk.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Schiller.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Fabian.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Darkbloom.
3. What had H.H. first planned to take a degree in before he switched to English literature?
4. What is the name of the maid at Charlotte Haze’s home in Part 1, Chapter 10?
5. To what nearby lake does H.H. drive to daily in Part 1, Chapter 20?
(a) Triangle Lake.
(b) Crescent Lake.
(c) Hourglass Lake.
(d) Round Lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was H.H. when his mother died?
2. Who comes down to the lake to paint as H.H. and Charlotte are laying in the “private beach” area in Part 1, Chapter 20?
3. What is the full name of H.H. in the novel?
4. How many days does H.H. say he and Charlotte cohabitated in Part 1, Chapter 18?
5. Lolita shows H.H. at picture from a magazine in Part 1, Chapter 13. In the picture, a surrealist painter is relaxing on a beach near a plaster replica of what work of art?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)