|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 3-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the address of the house that H.H. rents for himself and Lolita in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) 29 Reynolds Street.
(b) 46 Baker Street.
(c) 14 Thayer Street.
(d) 77 Franklin Street.
2. Which of Lolita’s friends is referred to by the narrator as “the school tennis champion” in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) Linda Hall.
(b) Clare Quilty.
(c) Shirley Holmes.
(d) Vanessa van Ness.
3. Where does H.H. hear that the McCoos have a room to rent in Part 1, Chapter 10?
4. The narrator states in Part 1, Chapter 25, “Oh, Lolita, you are my girl, as” who “was Poe’s”?
(a) “Annabel Lee.”
5. Because the picnic is postponed, Lolita refuses to go where with her mother in Part 1, Chapter 13?
(a) To church.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To the shoe store.
(d) To the grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of his experience with Lolita earlier in the morning, the narrator says in Part 1, Chapter 14, “I felt proud of myself. I had stolen the honey of a spasm without impairing the morals of” what?
2. Who comes down to the lake to paint as H.H. and Charlotte are laying in the “private beach” area in Part 1, Chapter 20?
3. Why is H.H. unable to stay at the McCoos’ home in Part 1, Chapter 10?
4. Of his new wife Charlotte, the narrator states in Part 1, Chapter 18, “I discovered that although she could not control her heart or her cries, she was a woman of” what?
5. How old was Lolita’s younger brother when he died?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)