|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 3-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When H.H. asks Lolita’s school friend about what kind of boys Lolita knows in Part 2, Chapter 9, the girl replies that they are rivals for whose affections?
(a) Dr. Byron's.
(b) Gaston Grodin’s.
(c) Dr. Blue's.
(d) Reverend Riggins’.
2. Which of Lolita’s friends is referred to by the narrator as “the school tennis champion” in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) Shirley Holmes.
(b) Linda Hall.
(c) Clare Quilty.
(d) Vanessa van Ness.
3. How old is Charlotte Haze described as being in Part 1, Chapter 10?
4. The hotel called Enchanted Hunters is located in what town, according to the narrator in Part 1, Chapter 25?
5. The narrator states in Part 1, Chapter 31, “The stipulation of the Roman law, according to which a girl may marry at twelve, was adopted by” what?
(a) “The local voters.”
(b) “The Federal government.”
(c) “The Church.”
(d) “The State government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Lolita’s school friends is described by H.H. as “a displaced little person from France” in Part 2, Chapter 9?
2. Which of Lolita’s school friends is described in Part 2, Chapter 9 as “handsome in a coarse sensual way and only a year older than my aging mistress”?
3. What is the name of Charlotte Haze’s neighbor across the street who is described as an invalid?
4. H.H. says of Lolita in Part 1, Chapter 15 that she would be thirteen on what date?
5. What drink does H.H. pour for Charlotte because she “could never resist” it, after her confrontation with him in Part 1, Chapter 22?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)