|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 3-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Charlotte Haze’s late husband and Lolita’s father in the novel?
(a) Gaston Godin.
(b) John Galsworthy.
(c) Richard Schiller.
(d) Harold E. Haze.
2. In what year does Lolita turn 12 in Part 1, Chapter 19?
3. The headmistress at the girl’s school where Lolita is enrolled in Part 2, Chapter 4 states that they “are more interested in communication than in” what?
4. Lolita tells H.H. in Part 1, Chapter 27 that when her mother discovers they slept in one room, “she’ll divorce you and” do what to Lolita?
(a) Scream at her.
(b) Slap her.
(c) Strangle her.
(d) Disown her.
5. The man who rents H.H. his home in Part 2, Chapter 4 is a teacher of what at the local college?
Short Answer Questions
1. Each of the cabins at Lolita’s summer camp is describe as being dedicated to what in Part 1, Chapter 27?
2. What girl does Lolita say “instructed her in various manipulations” at camp in Part 1, Chapter 32?
3. What does H.H. tell Lolita the blue pills are that he pretends to take in Part 1, Chapter 27?
4. On the Sunday when H.H., Charlotte Haze, and Lolita are to go on a picnic, what friend of Lolita’s cancels because she is sick in Part 1, Chapter 13?
5. When H.H. asks Lolita’s school friend about what kind of boys Lolita knows in Part 2, Chapter 9, the girl replies that they are rivals for whose affections?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)