|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fleur and Wally run into Gray Mauser, what does Fleur tell him?
(a) That she wants to borrow the key to leave a surprise in the flat for Dottie.
(b) That she hopes Dottie and Leslie put their marriage back together.
(c) That she wants to borrow the key to surprise Leslie by editing his writing.
(d) That she wants to borrow the key in order to clean the flat, as a surprise for Dottie.
2. In Chapter 12, Fleur expands on her narration of the present, reminding us that she is relating the adventures with the Autobiographical Association from a future perspective. What is it that prompts the policeman in the graveyard, in the summer of 1950, to say to Fleur, "Loitering with Intent?"
(a) She asks him what, if he had to invent a crime for someone writing a book, he might suggest.
(b) She asks him to name one crime for which he has never arrested anyone.
(c) She asks him what crime he might accuse her of, if any, for sitting on a gravestone.
(d) She asks him what he last arrested someone for that day.
3. How does Fleur manage to attend one of Bucks Gilbert's parties?
(a) She and Solly crash the party.
(b) She attends as the guest of Sir Eric.
(c) She is invited as an Association employee.
(d) She is unofficially employed to take coats and pass out food.
4. What does Lady Edwina say when her new nurse collects her from the Association meeting in Chapter 3?
(a) "Well my dears, he's got you where he wants you, hasn't he?"
(b) "I will NOT be treated like a pathetic old woman!"
(c) "Quentin, my son! Don't let her take me!"
(d) "She is a nurse, is she? Why do I need a nurse?"
5. Who takes care of Fleur when she is ill?
(b) Lady Edwina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beryl Tims' primary task during the meetings of the Autobiographical Association?
2. Fleur believes she saw someone in Dottie's window the night before. Who is it?
3. Fleur's job has changed from altering the manuscripts to what?
4. Who does Fleur see for the last time as she leaves Sir Quentin's drawing room?
5. After the party, Fleur goes out with Wally McConnachie. Where do they go?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)