|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Dottie returns from Ireland?
(a) Leslie asks if he can move in with Fleur.
(b) Leslie and Dottie renew their marriage vows.
(c) Leslie returns immediately to Gray.
(d) She informs Fleur that she wants Leslie to leave.
2. Which character becomes more important to the story in Chapter 3?
(b) Beryl Tims.
(c) Mr. Alexander.
(d) The ex-priest.
3. Why had Fleur never thought highly of Gray Mauser before their conversation at the pub?
(a) He had, in essence, taken Leslie away from her.
(b) Because she and Dottie had become friends, she felt protective of Dottie.
(c) He is so quiet that she had little about him to think much of.
(d) He had been exceedingly rude to Fleur when they'd first met.
4. Which Association member does Fleur take a liking to at the first meeting?
(a) Clotilde du Loiret.
(b) Beryl Tims.
(c) Sir Quentin Oliver.
(d) Maisie Young.
5. What romance is introduced in Chapter 4?
(a) Solly and Lady Edwina.
(b) Dottie and an unnamed lover.
(c) Fleur and Solly.
(d) Beryl Sims and Sir Quentin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the problem Fleur's publisher calls her in to discuss?
2. Which of the characters in Fleur's novel most resembles Lady Edwina?
3. How does Fleur initially describe Beryl Tims?
4. Fleur initially sees Sir Quentin as a "social imposter," but realizes he does have a regal background when she learns that:
5. After seven weeks, why does Sir Quentin tell Fleur he wants to take over editing the manuscripts?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)