|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dottie begin to confide in about her husband?
(a) Sir Quentin.
(b) Beryl Tims.
(c) Lady Edwina.
(d) Sir Eric Findlay.
2. Why does Mr. Alexander keep insisting that Fleur move into a larger room in the his boarding house?
(a) Her room is overcrowded with books, papers and the evidence of constant visitors.
(b) His wife cannot stand Fleur and wants to charge her more rent.
(c) He knows she is considering a roommate and will need more space.
(d) He has another boarder who wants Fleur's room.
3. What does Solly Mendelsohn do for a living?
(a) He is a banker.
(b) He is a tailor.
(c) He is a journalist.
(d) He owns a bookstore.
4. How far back in time must Fleur go to tell us the story of the Autobiographical Association?
(a) Ten months.
(b) Three years.
(c) A decade.
(d) A summer.
5. What do Gray Mauser and Fleur discuss when they visit a pub together?
(a) How he might break off his relationship with Leslie.
(b) His troubles with Leslie, who had gone to Ireland with Dottie.
(c) How angry she was feeling toward Sir Quentin.
(d) Why silk ties might be sex symbols.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fleur view Leslie's infidelity?
2. Lady Edwina behaves erratically with Sir Quentin and Beryl Tims. What are the symptoms of her supposed dementia?
3. Where did Fleur first meet and interview with Sir Quentin?
4. Who interrupts this meeting between Maisie and Fleur?
5. On what does the former priest focus in his memoirs?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)