|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Fleur initially so pleased with her new employer and his assistant?
(a) Because she sees much in their mannerisms and behaviors that will be useful in creating characters in her book.
(b) Because she realizes that they all have many interests in common.
(c) Because they agree to allow her time to work on her own writing during the day.
(d) Because they welcome her warmly and make her feel right at home.
2. On whom did Fleur base the title character is Warrender Chase?
(a) He is based on Sir Quentin.
(b) He is based on Fleur's lover, Leslie.
(c) He is based on Fleur's grandfather.
(d) No one; the character was already developed before she met her new employer.
3. How does Fleur react to Dottie's first written piece?
(a) She tears it up and tells her not to share it with the group.
(b) She reads it aloud to the group at the next meeting.
(c) She edits it for her and coaches her on writing techniques.
(d) She doesn't respond, deciding to use Dottie's thoughts in her own book.
4. Why does member Maisie Young walk with a limp?
(a) She was born with one leg shorter than the other.
(b) She only pretends to have a limp to make her story more interesting.
(c) She suffered from polio as a young child.
(d) Because she lost the use of her leg in a horseback riding episode.
5. What does Fleur find when stops to get a book for Maisie?
(a) A novel written by Sir Quentin himself.
(b) The Autobiography of Lady Edwina.
(c) The Autobiography of Benvenuto Cellini.
(d) Another novel called Warrender Chase.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maisie Young react to Fleur's room when she first visits?
2. Who serves as the primary comic relief in the early part of the book?
3. What does Fleur decide to do with the manuscripts when she begins typing them out?
4. When Fleur first reads to Dottie from Warrender Chase, what is Dottie's reaction?
5. Why had Fleur never thought highly of Gray Mauser before their conversation at the pub?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)