|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Sir Quentin tried to do with the members' manuscripts before Fleur got to work on them?
(a) He had tried to insert adventure where none existed.
(b) He had tried to make their boring lives seem distinguished and important.
(c) He had not had a chance to do anything with the manuscripts, which is why he hired Fleur.
(d) He had tried only to polish the writing, leaving the stories intact.
2. How far back in time must Fleur go to tell us the story of the Autobiographical Association?
(a) Ten months.
(b) A decade.
(c) A summer.
(d) Three years.
3. How did Fleur get Lady Edwina to behave during her first meeting of the Association?
(a) She offers to take her shopping for a new gown.
(b) She promises to take her to dinner as soon as the meeting was over.
(c) She promises to read the memoirs to her as they are finished.
(d) She offers to bring her sweets when she comes in the following day.
4. How does Fleur react about her book find when she shops for Maisie?
(a) She feels stunned, having not realized it was out there.
(b) She feels more curious than anything.
(c) She rejoices, feeling like she's met an old friend.
(d) She looks for more of the same kind of thing.
5. How does Dottie initially react to the members of the Autobiographical Association?
(a) She tries to turn them against Fleur in retaliation for her affair with Leslie.
(b) She immediately begins making friends.
(c) She is put off by their enormous egos.
(d) She feels alienated, as she had not yet written anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sir Quentin says that Lady Edwina is asleep when the first meeting ends, so Fleur does not take her out for dinner. When does she next see Edwina?
2. Sir Quentin offered Fleur wages of a "1936 vintage, and this was 1949, modern times." Why did she accept the position?
3. Why is Fleur initially so pleased with her new employer and his assistant?
4. What does Lady Edwina say when her new nurse collects her from the Association meeting in Chapter 3?
5. How does Fleur react to Dottie's criticism of the character, Marjorie, in her book?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)