|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fleur react to Dottie's first written piece?
(a) She reads it aloud to the group at the next meeting.
(b) She tears it up and tells her not to share it with the group.
(c) She doesn't respond, deciding to use Dottie's thoughts in her own book.
(d) She edits it for her and coaches her on writing techniques.
2. When Fleur first reads to Dottie from Warrender Chase, what is Dottie's reaction?
(a) She thinks the funeral scene is too cold.
(b) She is confused by the plot line and can't keep the characters straight.
(c) She accuses Fleur of stealing ideas from the group.
(d) She raves about what a fine writer Fleur has become.
3. Who serves as the primary comic relief in the early part of the book?
(a) Mr. Alexander.
(b) Sir Eric Findlay.
(c) Lady Edwina.
(d) Fleur Talbot.
4. What does Fleur decide to do with the manuscripts when she begins typing them out?
(a) She edits them by hand before beginning to type them out.
(b) As she tried to make sense of them, she made changes to make them worse.
(c) She interviews each author in order to get a better feel for their stories.
(d) She made slight improvements in the stories, but the authors did not want any modifications.
5. What romance is introduced in Chapter 4?
(a) Fleur and Solly.
(b) Beryl Sims and Sir Quentin.
(c) Dottie and an unnamed lover.
(d) Solly and Lady Edwina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fleur's job has changed from altering the manuscripts to what?
2. Who comes to visit after Fleur arrives home that first evening?
3. Which of the following is a member of the Autobiographical Association?
4. Fleur mentions a bad writing habit of Leslie's and asks Dottie to warn him of it in his novel. How does Dottie respond?
5. What is that Fleur realizes Sir Quentin has been giving the Association members?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)