|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cora say is an endurance trial?
(a) Putting up with Mr. Cross.
(b) The court case she is working on.
(c) The rounds of parties for her job.
(d) Holidays with Jamie.
2. What does Ruby see that makes her run home?
(a) A heron flying overhead.
(b) A fire truck.
(c) A crowd of people near her house.
(d) An ambulance.
3. What is one thing Ruby concentrates on in December?
(b) Doing things with Olivia.
(d) Helping Cora.
4. What does Ruby say to Cora about Cora's discovery?
(a) She needs to be happy for what she has.
(b) She can adopt.
(c) Jamie accepts the situation.
(d) She will get pregnant soon.
5. What does the sweatshirt that Nat gives Ruby say?
(c) Go Rube.
(d) U Swim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What photos are on the wall of the apartment where they deliver the duvet cover?
2. What is Ruby's job when Jaime's family begins to arrive?
3. What does Harriet call her new line of jewelry?
4. For what does Ruby thank Olivia?
5. What does Cora say will not make Ruby weak?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gervais want when he comes over to Ruby's house on Christmas?
2. What does Ruby overhear when she goes to the Cross house for the pies?
3. What is Ruby's December like?
4. What is Ruby's weakness and how does Nate distract her from it for awhile?
5. What does Cora say in response learning she is still not pregnant, and how does this bring the sisters closer together?
6. What does Ruby do with Jamie on Christmas Eve?
7. What does Cora say about leaving Ruby when Ruby was young and how does Ruby respond?
8. What does Nate bring Ruby and what is his response to her questions?
9. What does Ruby learn Harriet has done when Ruby arrives at the kiosk the Friday after Thanksgiving?
10. Describe Nate and Ruby's visit to the vacant apartment.
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)