|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruby realize the next morning?
(a) Jaime is not speaking to her.
(b) She loves her life with Cora and Jaime.
(c) She lost her wallet while drunk.
(d) She is unhappy at Cora and Jaime's house.
2. What reception does Ruby receive at home?
(c) Anger and disappointment.
(d) No one is home when Ruby arrives.
3. What is Ruby and Cora's mother made to do?
(a) Go into rehab.
(b) Go to prison.
(c) Stay under house arrest.
(d) Do community service.
4. What does Ruby learn about her father?
(a) He is famous.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is living very nearby.
(d) He tried to give child support to her mother.
5. What does Olivia say about Ruby and Nate?
(a) That Ruby should lash on to Nate.
(b) That everyone believes there's a budding relationship between them.
(c) That Ruby has bad taste in males.
(d) That they are an odd couple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruby say she is not like to Olivia?
2. What does Cora do when Jaime is vocalizing his feelings?
3. What does Ruby say that makes Nate leave?
4. Why has Olivia picked up Laney?
5. Where do Nate and Ruby go on one of their errands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ruby do in the clearing after Olivia drops her there?
2. Who finds Ruby in the clearing and what does he do and say?
3. What does Ruby learn Harriet has done when Ruby arrives at the kiosk the Friday after Thanksgiving?
4. What does Heather say she wished she had forced?
5. What does Cora say about leaving Ruby when Ruby was young and how does Ruby respond?
6. What does Nate bring Ruby and what is his response to her questions?
7. What does Nate tell Ruby about his mother's new life?
8. What does Ruby learn about her father?
9. What changes have been going on with Gervais?
10. Where does Ruby visit Olivia and why is Olivia there?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)