|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Olivia yell at Laney?
(a) To quit for the day.
(b) To go home.
(c) To pick up the pace.
(d) To slow the pace down a bit.
2. Why has Olivia picked up Laney?
(a) Laney is late for a doctor's appointment.
(b) Laney is crying.
(c) Laney is late for work.
(d) Laney hurt herself running.
3. What does Nate convince Ruby to do?
(a) Go to the beach.
(b) Go swimming at his house.
(c) Take a puppy he finds.
(d) Stop studying and go around delivering with him.
4. What has Gervais begun to do recently?
(a) Wearing aftershave.
(b) Been quiet in the car.
(c) Started humming to himself.
(d) Comb his hair.
5. Where does Olivia work?
(a) Vista Ten.
(b) Miracle Nine.
(c) Lowery Twelve.
(d) Movie Row.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Nate ask Ruby?
2. Why does Ruby decide to walk to Marshall's place?
3. What is Ruby's job when Jaime's family begins to arrive?
4. What does Cora realize on Christmas day?
5. What does Ruby want to tell Nate when it's almost Valentine's Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nate bring Ruby and what is his response to her questions?
2. What changes have been going on with Gervais?
3. What does Cora learn about her and Ruby's mother?
4. What does Ruby learn about her father?
5. What does Heather say she wished she had forced?
6. What happens between Ruby and Nate that endangers their relationship?
7. What does Nate ask Ruby when she returns his sweatshirt and how does she respond?
8. Where does Ruby visit Olivia and why is Olivia there?
9. What does Ruby overhear when she goes to the Cross house for the pies?
10. What does Cora say in response learning she is still not pregnant, and how does this bring the sisters closer together?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)