|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reggie need?
(a) Help at his vitamin kiosk.
(b) A new location for his kiosk.
(c) A buyer for his inventory.
(d) Help with his school assignments.
2. What does Ruby say she intends to refuse?
(a) Cora taking her clothes shopping.
(b) Nate's offer of a ride to school.
(c) A college scholarship offer.
(d) To stay with Cora and Jaime.
3. Where does Gervais attend school in the afternoons?
(a) His regular middle school.
(b) The university.
(c) A special needs school.
4. What does Ruby refuse from Nate?
(a) Collaborating on their English assignment.
(b) A ride.
(c) Help with math.
5. What does Ruby say when asked where her mother is?
(a) She runt away from home.
(b) In Las Vegas.
(c) She is in the looney bin.
(d) She does not know.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ruby react to Gervais' comment on the second day?
2. What advice does Ruby give Nate?
3. How do Ruby and Cora feel about Jaime's Christmas card idea?
4. What does Ruby say about Cora's wedding?
5. What does Nate suggest to Harriet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ruby say about her life before Cora picked her up earlier that day?
2. What conversation does Ruby overhear in Cora's room as she comes home to a party?
3. What does Ruby learn at the fish store and what fish does Ruby choose?
4. How does Ruby come to get a job at the mall?
5. How is Ruby stopped the first night from running away?
6. What is Jaime showing Ruby at the opening to the novel and who else is there?
7. What does Ruby notice about Nate and Heather and what advice does she offer Nate, and what does he do?
8. Where does Ruby go from the mall and what important piece of information does Marshall gain from the encounter?
9. What discussion does Ruby have with Cora about the bus system?
10. Describe Gervais.
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)