|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing Ruby learns about Harriet as Harriet is training Ruby?
(a) Harriet does not take her job too seriously.
(b) Harriet is very controlling.
(c) Harriet likes Nate.
(d) Harriet is kind.
2. What does Nate say is obvious about Gervais?
(a) That he like Heather a lot more than Ruby.
(b) That he dislikes Ruby.
(c) That he dislikes eveyone, including Nate.
(d) That he likes Ruby.
3. Why does Ruby call Jaime when she gets home?
(a) She needs to know how to turn on the oven.
(b) She cannot find her house key.
(c) Roscoe is acting frantic.
(d) The cat is sick.
4. What is the name of the subdivision where Cora and Jamie live?
(a) Wildflower Ridge.
(b) Riverview Gardends.
(c) Pine Ridge.
(d) Daisy Manor.
5. Why is there a line stretched across the kitchen?
(a) To keep light from coming in the window.
(b) To hang photographs.
(c) To hang wet clothes.
(d) To hang pots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Roscoe done several times after Ruby's arrival?
2. Who is Olivia?
3. Where does Gervais attend school in the afternoons?
4. What does Cora make Ruby do when she comes downstairs?
5. What has Ruby given up on about two weeks after she's been at Perkins Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jaime want Ruby to do when he picks her up at school one afternoon and what is her response?
2. Where does Ruby go from the mall and what important piece of information does Marshall gain from the encounter?
3. What does Ruby think about her mother?
4. What new ad campaign does Jaime dream up and what are Cora and Ruby's responses?
5. What discussion do Jaime and Mr. Thackray have when Jaime brings Ruby to enroll in school?
6. What does Ruby want to do with the money Cora gives her for clothes, and what does she ultimately do?
7. What does Ruby say about her life before Cora picked her up earlier that day?
8. Describe the conversation between Cora and Ruby about Cora's wedding.
9. What does Ruby notice about Nate and Heather and what advice does she offer Nate, and what does he do?
10. What has Olivia verified and how does she feel about it?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)