|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message is Ruby to relay to Jaime?
(a) That Nate is ready to mow their lawn.
(b) That Jaime's sycamore tree is dropping leaves in their pool.
(c) That Roscoe was in their trash.
(d) That there is a neighborhood association meeting the next night.
2. When does Ruby go to see Marshall?
(a) After she gets to the mall.
(b) After shopping for some clothes.
(c) After calling Peyton again.
(d) She does not go to see him.
3. What does Nate suggest to Harriet?
(a) She rearrange a display.
(b) She go see a movie Nate has just seen.
(c) She trust Ruby.
(d) She make arrangements for auto bill pay with his father's company.
4. Who is Jamie's wife?
5. What conversation does Ruby hear between Cora and some friends?
(a) About Nate's father's volatility.
(b) About Cora's guilt about not staying in touch with Ruby.
(c) About Cora's inability to get pregnant.
(d) About Ruby being there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Rest Assured"?
2. What happened to Ruby's mother?
3. What does Ruby understand about Cora's promise?
4. What does Ruby refuse from Nate?
5. How long has Ruby's mother been gone before it is noticed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What discussion do Jaime and Mr. Thackray have when Jaime brings Ruby to enroll in school?
2. What does Ruby learn at the fish store and what fish does Ruby choose?
3. How is Ruby stopped the first night from running away?
4. What does Ruby say about her life before Cora picked her up earlier that day?
5. Describe the conversation between Cora and Ruby about Cora's wedding.
6. What does Ruby notice about Nate and Heather and what advice does she offer Nate, and what does he do?
7. What does Ruby say about Gervais at the beginning of this chapter?
8. Describe Gervais.
9. What does Ruby want to do with the money Cora gives her for clothes, and what does she ultimately do?
10. How does Ruby describe Olivia's behavior in literature class?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)