|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who picks up Ruby later in the evening?
2. What does Olivia say about Ruby and Nate?
(a) That they are an odd couple.
(b) That Ruby has bad taste in males.
(c) That everyone believes there's a budding relationship between them.
(d) That Ruby should lash on to Nate.
3. Why did Nate leave a root beer bottle cap on the counter in one place?
(a) As his call signature.
(b) He forgot to pick it up.
(c) To see if it would be moved.
(d) As a joke on his friend.
4. Where has Ruby and Cora's mother been arrested?
(a) New York.
5. Where does Olivia work?
(a) Lowery Twelve.
(b) Movie Row.
(c) Miracle Nine.
(d) Vista Ten.
6. How does Cora explain Jaime's actions?
(a) He has very high expectations.
(b) He had a difficult childhood and it brings back memories.
(c) He is as hard on himself as he is on others.
(d) He is disappointed in Ruby.
7. What does Ruby discover when she arrives at the kiosk on Friday after Thanksgiving?
(a) Harriet has created a line of jewelry based on Ruby's key.
(b) Harriet is ill and it is up to Ruby to run the kiosk.
(c) Harriet is not there and the kiosk is not open.
(d) Harriet has hired another worker.
8. What does Cora say she believed at the time she said it?
(a) That their mother was getting better.
(b) That she'd be back for Ruby as soon as she could manage it.
(c) That Ruby would be better in a foster home.
(d) That their mother would do right by Ruby.
9. What does Harriet try to give Ruby?
(a) More hours.
(c) One of the jewelry keys Harriet made.
(d) A pay raise.
10. What happens in the evening after Nate had said he was coming over to Ruby's house?
(a) He calls and says he will meet Ruby at the park.
(b) He calls and cancels.
(c) He does not appear on time.
(d) He calls and says he will meet Ruby at the cafe.
11. Where does Ruby check on the baking pies?
(a) In the screened porch where they have a spare oven.
(b) In the downstairs oven.
(c) At Nate's house.
(d) In the kitchen.
12. About what is Ruby worried one day during a party at their house?
(b) Gervais' ulterior motives.
(c) Getting her English project completed.
(d) Talking to strangers.
13. Who answers the door at Marshall's place?
(a) No one.
14. What does Ruby say she is not like to Olivia?
(a) Getting so mad about Mitchell.
(b) Being ungrateful.
(c) Being mixed up with a bad crowd.
(d) Getting drunk.
15. What does Ruby learn about her father?
(a) He is living very nearby.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is famous.
(d) He tried to give child support to her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one house where Nate and Ruby go full of?
2. What does Gervais offer one day when he comes over to Ruby's house?
3. What does Gervais want in return?
4. What does Ruby notice Gervais doing at lunch?
5. What does Ruby discover when she touches Nate?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)