|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruby discover when she arrives at the kiosk on Friday after Thanksgiving?
(a) Harriet has hired another worker.
(b) Harriet is ill and it is up to Ruby to run the kiosk.
(c) Harriet is not there and the kiosk is not open.
(d) Harriet has created a line of jewelry based on Ruby's key.
2. Where does Nate take Roscoe?
(a) The pet store.
(b) To his bedroom.
(c) On a walk around the block.
(d) The vet.
3. What is Ruby to do in Jamie's scheme?
(a) Dress as his helper elf.
(b) Dress as a reindeer.
(c) Answer the door for the children.
(d) Sing carols.
4. What does Peyton say she tried to tell Ruby the night Peyton was at Cora's house?
(a) About the situation with Marshall.
(b) That Marshall has been with several other girls.
(c) That Peyton is pregnant.
(d) About the fact that Marshall was lonely.
5. Who picks up Ruby later in the evening?
6. What does the sweatshirt that Nat gives Ruby say?
(a) Go Rube.
(b) U Swim.
7. What does Ruby say about herself and Olivia?
(a) They have become friends.
(b) They are a wall between them since Ruby's drunken event.
(c) They are estranged over something that happens in lit class.
(d) They are not friends but Ruby wishes they could become friends.
8. About what does Cora seem understanding?
(a) Cora does not seem to understand.
(b) Ruby's motives for her behavior the day before.
(c) Ruby's desire to fit in with her Jackson friends.
(d) Ruby's need to dull the pain.
9. Who answers the door at Marshall's place?
(a) No one.
10. Why does Ruby decide to walk to Marshall's place?
(a) She is drunk and wants to see him.
(b) Aaron says Marshall is sick.
(c) Peyton has not come to the clearing.
(d) Aaron says Marshall is seeing someone else.
11. What has Gervais begun to do recently?
(a) Started humming to himself.
(b) Wearing aftershave.
(c) Comb his hair.
(d) Been quiet in the car.
12. What does Ruby witness at Nate's house?
(a) Nate's father throwing bottles of liquor against the garage wall.
(b) Nate's father smashing Nate in the face.
(c) Nate's father losing his temper.
(d) Nate running away from his father.
13. What does Ruby ask Cora about when Cora went back into the house the day Cora left home?
(a) Why Cora didn't just take Ruby then.
(b) What Cora and her mother discussed.
(c) What their mother said about Ruby.
(d) What their mother said about Cora leaving.
14. About what is Reggie disappointed?
(a) That Harriet is dating someone else.
(b) That Harriet is getting married.
(c) That his relationship with Harriet is not progressing.
(d) That Ruby is quitting her job there.
15. What reception does Ruby receive at home?
(b) No one is home when Ruby arrives.
(d) Anger and disappointment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gervais want in return?
2. What does Jamie do on Christmas Eve?
3. Why did Nate leave a root beer bottle cap on the counter in one place?
4. What does Cora realize on Christmas day?
5. What is Ruby and Cora's mother made to do?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)