|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruby say about herself and Olivia?
(a) They are not friends but Ruby wishes they could become friends.
(b) They are estranged over something that happens in lit class.
(c) They have become friends.
(d) They are a wall between them since Ruby's drunken event.
2. What does Cora say will not make Ruby weak?
(c) Helping those less fortunate.
(d) Accepting things from others.
3. What does Olivia yell at Laney?
(a) To go home.
(b) To pick up the pace.
(c) To quit for the day.
(d) To slow the pace down a bit.
4. What does Ruby realize the next morning?
(a) She lost her wallet while drunk.
(b) She loves her life with Cora and Jaime.
(c) Jaime is not speaking to her.
(d) She is unhappy at Cora and Jaime's house.
5. What does Gervais want in return?
(a) Help with his English project.
(b) Ruby's help in getting Gervais in with Olivia.
(d) Help learning to dance.
6. What does Harriet try to give Ruby?
(a) One of the jewelry keys Harriet made.
(b) A pay raise.
(c) More hours.
7. Why did Nate leave a root beer bottle cap on the counter in one place?
(a) As a joke on his friend.
(b) As his call signature.
(c) To see if it would be moved.
(d) He forgot to pick it up.
8. What happens in the evening after Nate had said he was coming over to Ruby's house?
(a) He calls and cancels.
(b) He calls and says he will meet Ruby at the park.
(c) He calls and says he will meet Ruby at the cafe.
(d) He does not appear on time.
9. What does Ruby ask Cora about when Cora went back into the house the day Cora left home?
(a) What their mother said about Ruby.
(b) Why Cora didn't just take Ruby then.
(c) What their mother said about Cora leaving.
(d) What Cora and her mother discussed.
10. What does the sweatshirt that Nat gives Ruby say?
(c) U Swim.
(d) Go Rube.
11. What does Nate say about what happens between him and his dad?
(a) It's habit.
(b) It's private.
(c) It's dangerous.
(d) It's mild.
12. What is Reggie's philosophy about his relationship with Harriet?
(a) She will grow to love him.
(b) She will change her mind.
(c) He will be content with whatever level of friendship Harriet offers.
(d) She is too good for him.
13. To what does Ruby give her approval?
(a) A pay raise.
(b) The new worker.
(c) Harriet's jewelry designs.
(d) A woman's observation who stops by the kiosk.
14. Where does Ruby find Roscoe?
(a) Under her bed.
(b) In her bedroom closet.
(c) In the laundry room behind the dryer.
(d) In her bathroom in the tub.
15. What does Ruby discover when she touches Nate?
(a) He winces.
(b) A large bruise.
(c) She is attracted to him.
(d) He has a bandage on his arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cora say is an endurance trial?
2. What is Ruby's job when Jaime's family begins to arrive?
3. What does Ruby try to ask Nate?
4. What does Olivia say about Ruby and Nate?
5. What does Cora say she believed at the time she said it?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)