|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Ruby and Cora's mother been arrested?
(d) New York.
2. Where does Nate take Roscoe?
(a) The pet store.
(b) The vet.
(c) To his bedroom.
(d) On a walk around the block.
3. How does Ruby respond to Harriet's offer?
(a) She brushes off the praise.
(b) She does not think she can handle more hours.
(c) She is happy for a pay raise.
(d) She declines the jewelry.
4. What does Ruby realize the next morning?
(a) She lost her wallet while drunk.
(b) She is unhappy at Cora and Jaime's house.
(c) Jaime is not speaking to her.
(d) She loves her life with Cora and Jaime.
5. What does Ruby find in Marshall's room?
(a) Peyton and Marshall on the bed.
(b) No one.
(c) Peyton and Marshall out cold drunk.
(d) Marshall out cold drunk.
6. Why has Olivia picked up Laney?
(a) Laney is late for work.
(b) Laney is late for a doctor's appointment.
(c) Laney is crying.
(d) Laney hurt herself running.
7. Where do Nate and Ruby go on one of their errands?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A liquor store.
(c) A vet's office.
(d) A pharmacy.
8. What does Gervais want in return?
(a) Ruby's help in getting Gervais in with Olivia.
(b) Help learning to dance.
(d) Help with his English project.
9. What does Nate point out to Ruby about her mother?
(a) That Ruby stayed with her until the mother left.
(b) That Ruby's mother did not even provide a good home.
(d) That Ruby's mother was worse.
10. What does Harriet try to give Ruby?
(a) A pay raise.
(c) More hours.
(d) One of the jewelry keys Harriet made.
11. What does Ruby discover when she touches Nate?
(a) A large bruise.
(b) She is attracted to him.
(c) He has a bandage on his arm.
(d) He winces.
12. What is one house where Nate and Ruby go full of?
(c) Stacks of newspapers.
13. What is one thing Ruby concentrates on in December?
(a) Helping Cora.
(b) Doing things with Olivia.
14. What does Ruby say she is not like to Olivia?
(a) Being mixed up with a bad crowd.
(b) Getting drunk.
(c) Being ungrateful.
(d) Getting so mad about Mitchell.
15. What does Cora imply about the incident the day before with Ruby getting drunk?
(a) It's better Ruby is not with Marshall.
(b) It is a pattern that is similar to their mother's habit.
(c) Peyton is not a true friend.
(d) If it happens again, Ruby has to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ruby's job when Jaime's family begins to arrive?
2. About what does Cora seem understanding?
3. What is Cora fearful of as Thanksgiving approaches?
4. What does Gervais offer one day when he comes over to Ruby's house?
5. What has Gervais begun to do recently?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)