|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What falls out of Ruby's dress pocket when she is dressing at Marshall's house?
(a) A note from Nate.
(b) Her cell phone.
(d) Her house key.
2. What plans does Ruby say have changed?
(a) Long term.
(b) Short term.
(c) She had no particular plan.
(d) All her plans.
3. What does Ruby ask of Peyton?
(a) To send her some money.
(b) To go by Ruby's old house and get some stuff.
(c) To come and pick her up.
(d) To contact Mickie for Ruby.
4. What is Commercial Courier?
(a) A taxi company.
(b) A company that delivers luggage lost by the airlines.
(c) A limo company.
(d) An airport shuttle service.
5. What is the name of the subdivision where Cora and Jamie live?
(a) Pine Ridge.
(b) Daisy Manor.
(c) Riverview Gardends.
(d) Wildflower Ridge.
6. What conversation does Ruby hear between Cora and some friends?
(a) About Cora's guilt about not staying in touch with Ruby.
(b) About Ruby being there.
(c) About Nate's father's volatility.
(d) About Cora's inability to get pregnant.
7. Who does Ruby talk with in literature class?
(b) Her teacher.
8. What does Ruby refuse from Nate?
(a) Collaborating on their English assignment.
(b) Help with math.
(c) A ride.
9. On what has Ruby not made any progress?
(a) Learning to enjoy riding to school with Nate.
(b) Working on her literature project on the family.
(c) Learning to like Roscoe.
(d) Learning to trust Cora.
10. What has Ruby given up on about two weeks after she's been at Perkins Day?
(a) Getting drugs.
(b) Running away.
(c) Seeing her mother.
(d) Seeing Marshall anymore.
11. How long has Ruby's mother been gone before it is noticed?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 6 months.
(c) A few days.
(d) 2 months.
12. What does Ruby realize about the ride to school in the morning?
(a) She has begun to like Gervais.
(b) Nate does not really want her to ride with him.
(c) Nate is trying to improve them.
(d) She looks forward to them.
13. Who is Jamie's wife?
14. How does Cora respond at hearing about Ruby's new job?
(a) She is not pleased.
(b) She is impressed at Ruby's initiative.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She is happy but worried about Ruby getting enough rest.
15. Who does Nate seem to notice especially at school?
(a) The young woman who serves food in the cafeteria line.
(b) The trophies in the hall case.
(d) His science teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruby say about Cora's wedding?
2. How does Ruby react to Gervais' comment on the second day?
3. What does Ruby realize about a habit in the morning going into the school?
4. What color is the fish Ruby picks for the pond?
5. Who is swimming next door when Ruby tries to jump the fence?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)