|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jaime want Ruby to do?
(a) Apply for college.
(b) Stop seeing Marshall.
(c) Quit her job.
(d) Help Cora who is pregnant.
2. Who does Ruby first call at a convenience store after class?
(c) Her neighbor from the other house.
(d) No one.
3. Where does Ruby go after the convenience store?
(a) Her old home.
(b) The track.
(c) Nate's house.
(d) The library.
4. What color is the fish Ruby picks for the pond?
5. Who is swimming next door when Ruby tries to jump the fence?
(a) No one.
(b) Nate Cross.
(c) The elderly man who lives there.
(d) There is no pool next door.
6. What does Ruby discover Nate did?
(a) Left home.
(b) Quit the swim team.
(c) Bought her a Christmas present.
(d) Made her a Christmas present.
7. What does Ruby refuse from Nate?
(a) Collaborating on their English assignment.
(b) A ride.
(d) Help with math.
8. Why does Ruby ride with Nate to school on Monday morning?
(a) She wants to get to know him.
(b) She oversleeps and misses the bus.
(c) She feels sorry for him.
(d) She decides she likes him well enough.
9. Why does Ruby decide to buy clothes?
(a) She has lost weight and her clothes don't fit her well.
(b) Because Cora would be angry if Ruby does not.
(c) Her old clothes do not fit in with this high school.
(d) She loves buying clothes.
10. What excuse do the Honeycutts use to check out Ruby's home?
(a) A plumbing problem.
(b) A new lampshade.
(c) Replacing some slats in the porch floor.
(d) An electrical problem.
11. How does Ruby react to Gervais' comment on the second day?
(a) She tells him it looks better on her than it would on him.
(b) She pretends not to hear him.
(c) She stares at him in silence.
(d) She blushes, aware of Nate looking at her.
12. When does Ruby go to see Marshall?
(a) After shopping for some clothes.
(b) She does not go to see him.
(c) After calling Peyton again.
(d) After she gets to the mall.
13. What plans does Ruby say have changed?
(a) She had no particular plan.
(b) Short term.
(c) All her plans.
(d) Long term.
14. What does Ruby say when asked where her mother is?
(a) She is in the looney bin.
(b) In Las Vegas.
(c) She runt away from home.
(d) She does not know.
15. What does Ruby realize about a habit in the morning going into the school?
(a) Ruby has started carrying a cup coffee in the morning to school.
(b) Ruby allows Nate to walk into the building with her.
(c) Ruby is no longer smoking pot before going into the school.
(d) Ruby has started letting Gervaise walk with her into the building.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruby think when Jaime picks her up at school one afternoon?
2. What does Ruby realize about the ride to school in the morning?
3. What does Cora say they will revisit after the Christmas holidays?
4. What conversation does Ruby hear between Cora and some friends?
5. What does Ruby ask of Peyton?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)