|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cora give Ruby two hundred dollars?
(a) To find an old clunker car.
(b) So Ruby has some spending money.
(c) To go pay her tuition for a college course Ruby wants to take.
(d) For clothes.
2. What does Ruby say when asked where her mother is?
(a) She does not know.
(b) In Las Vegas.
(c) She runt away from home.
(d) She is in the looney bin.
3. What is Commercial Courier?
(a) An airport shuttle service.
(b) A taxi company.
(c) A company that delivers luggage lost by the airlines.
(d) A limo company.
4. What does Ruby refuse from Nate?
(a) A ride.
(b) Help with math.
(c) Collaborating on their English assignment.
5. Why does Ruby call Jaime when she gets home?
(a) Roscoe is acting frantic.
(b) She cannot find her house key.
(c) The cat is sick.
(d) She needs to know how to turn on the oven.
6. What does Ruby notice about Harriett as Ruby continues to work?
(a) Harritt knows almost everyone in the mall.
(b) Harriett eats her lunch within a few feet of the kiosk every day.
(c) Harriett keeps a written log of all transactions.
(d) Harriett is seldom able to actually leave the kiosk while Ruby is working.
7. What does Ruby ask of Peyton?
(a) To send her some money.
(b) To contact Mickie for Ruby.
(c) To come and pick her up.
(d) To go by Ruby's old house and get some stuff.
8. What does Mr. Thackray urge Jaime to do?
(a) Allow himself to be recognized for his donations to the school.
(b) Ask Cora to run for president of the PTA.
(c) Run for the school board.
(d) Keep an eye on Ruby.
9. Who is Olivia?
(a) Cora's best friend.
(b) The biology teacher.
(c) The only student Ruby has known before in her other high school.
(d) A black girl sitting next to Ruby in class.
10. What does Ruby point out to Harriett one day?
(a) That Reggie likes Harriett.
(b) That she needs to take a day off now and again.
(c) That Reggie works hard and is always cheerful.
(d) That Reggie is a nice fellow.
11. What is "Rest Assured"?
(a) A mortuary.
(b) A cemetary.
(c) A nursing home.
(d) A business Nate's father owns.
12. Who does Ruby talk with in literature class?
(b) Her teacher.
13. Where does Ruby go after the convenience store?
(a) The library.
(b) The track.
(c) Her old home.
(d) Nate's house.
14. What does Ruby understand about Cora's promise?
(a) That Cora was too depressed to come back.
(b) That Jaime kept Cora from following through on her promise.
(c) That Cora never intended to do what she said.
(d) That Cora just could not carry through on it.
15. What has Ruby given up on about two weeks after she's been at Perkins Day?
(a) Seeing Marshall anymore.
(b) Seeing her mother.
(c) Running away.
(d) Getting drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jamie Hunter showing Ruby?
2. What sort of jobs did Ruby's mother hold?
3. What has Jaime bought for himself, Cora and Ruby?
4. On what has Ruby not made any progress?
5. What does Ruby realize about a habit in the morning going into the school?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)