|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Melissa West?
(a) Cora's good friend.
(b) A girl who is dating Olivia's boyfriend.
(c) Nate's neighbor on the other side of Ruby.
(d) Jamie's sister.
2. What has Jaime bought for himself, Cora and Ruby?
(a) Blue shirts.
(b) Red bows.
(c) Red shirts.
(d) Green hats.
3. What does Ruby realize about a habit in the morning going into the school?
(a) Ruby allows Nate to walk into the building with her.
(b) Ruby has started carrying a cup coffee in the morning to school.
(c) Ruby is no longer smoking pot before going into the school.
(d) Ruby has started letting Gervaise walk with her into the building.
4. What plans does Ruby say have changed?
(a) Short term.
(b) All her plans.
(c) She had no particular plan.
(d) Long term.
5. Where does Gervais attend school in the afternoons?
(b) His regular middle school.
(c) The university.
(d) A special needs school.
6. What does Jaime want Ruby to do?
(a) Stop seeing Marshall.
(b) Apply for college.
(c) Help Cora who is pregnant.
(d) Quit her job.
7. To what sound does Ruby awaken on Saturday morning?
(a) A backhoe.
(c) A lawn mower.
(d) A leaf blower.
8. What does Ruby notice about Nate?
(a) He is not very good looking.
(b) He is very much the All-American jock type.
(c) He has dyed his hair orange.
(d) He is very popular.
9. What is the name of the subdivision where Cora and Jamie live?
(a) Daisy Manor.
(b) Wildflower Ridge.
(c) Riverview Gardends.
(d) Pine Ridge.
10. How long has Ruby's mother been gone before it is noticed?
(a) 6 months.
(b) A few days.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
11. What does Cora point out about riding the city bus?
(b) Ruby will have to get up very early.
(c) Ruby will have no ride if she misses the bus.
(d) Ruby will have to earn the money for the bus.
12. What conversation does Ruby hear between Cora and some friends?
(a) About Ruby being there.
(b) About Nate's father's volatility.
(c) About Cora's guilt about not staying in touch with Ruby.
(d) About Cora's inability to get pregnant.
13. What does Cora say they will revisit after the Christmas holidays?
(a) Ruby's job.
(b) Getting a car.
(c) Finding their mother.
(d) Seeing Marshall.
14. What does Ruby realize in the morning?
(a) That Nate is her age.
(b) That Cora wants Ruby out of the house.
(c) That Jaime is going to help her leave.
(d) That Jamie wasn't fooled about Ruby trying to leave.
15. Why does Ruby decide to buy clothes?
(a) She has lost weight and her clothes don't fit her well.
(b) Because Cora would be angry if Ruby does not.
(c) She loves buying clothes.
(d) Her old clothes do not fit in with this high school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cora used to do when she still lived with Ruby and their mother?
2. How does Cora defend herself about the wedding?
3. What color is the fish Ruby picks for the pond?
4. What happened to Ruby's mother?
5. What does Nate suggest to Harriet?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)