|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ruby call Jaime when she gets home?
(a) The cat is sick.
(b) Roscoe is acting frantic.
(c) She needs to know how to turn on the oven.
(d) She cannot find her house key.
2. What does Cora promise Ruby when Cora leaves home?
(a) She'll keep in touch.
(b) She'll get their mother help.
(c) She'll come back for her.
(d) She won't let their mother hurt Ruby.
3. Why is there a line stretched across the kitchen?
(a) To hang photographs.
(b) To keep light from coming in the window.
(c) To hang wet clothes.
(d) To hang pots.
4. Where does Ruby go after the convenience store?
(a) Nate's house.
(b) The track.
(c) Her old home.
(d) The library.
5. Why does Ruby ride with Nate to school on Monday morning?
(a) She wants to get to know him.
(b) She oversleeps and misses the bus.
(c) She feels sorry for him.
(d) She decides she likes him well enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ruby first call at a convenience store after class?
2. Why does Ruby decide to buy clothes?
3. To what sound does Ruby awaken on Saturday morning?
4. What conversation does Ruby hear between Cora and some friends?
5. Where does Jaime work?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)