|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ruby's mother often use false names?
(a) To keep Ruby's father from finding them.
(b) To get the utilities turned on.
(c) To keep the children welfare away.
(d) To avoid creditors.
2. How is Gervais characterized?
(d) Extremely rude.
3. Where does Ruby find Roscoe when she hears him barking?
(a) Next to the base of a tree in the back yard.
(b) In the street.
(c) Across the street.
(d) On the Cross' side of the fence.
4. How does Cora explain Jaime's actions?
(a) He has very high expectations.
(b) He is disappointed in Ruby.
(c) He is as hard on himself as he is on others.
(d) He had a difficult childhood and it brings back memories.
5. What does Ruby point out to Harriett one day?
(a) That Reggie works hard and is always cheerful.
(b) That Reggie is a nice fellow.
(c) That Reggie likes Harriett.
(d) That she needs to take a day off now and again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ruby react to Gervais' comment on the second day?
2. Why does Cora give Ruby two hundred dollars?
3. Why does Ruby decide to buy clothes?
4. What does Olivia share with Ruby?
5. What does Ruby realize the next morning?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)