1. What is Jamie Hunter showing Ruby?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A picture she painted.
(c) Her new bedroom.
(d) Her new puppy.
2. Who is Jamie's wife?
3. Who are the Honeycutts?
(a) Ruby's mom's landlords.
(b) A couple who have just moved to Cora's city.
(c) A couple who go to Cora's church.
(d) The Hunter's neighbors.
4. How long has Ruby's mother been gone before it is noticed?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) A few days.
5. What does Ruby say when asked where her mother is?
(a) She runt away from home.
(b) She does not know.
(c) In Las Vegas.
(d) She is in the looney bin.
6. What excuse do the Honeycutts use to check out Ruby's home?
(a) An electrical problem.
(b) Replacing some slats in the porch floor.
(c) A new lampshade.
(d) A plumbing problem.
7. Why is there a line stretched across the kitchen?
(a) To hang pots.
(b) To hang photographs.
(c) To hang wet clothes.
(d) To keep light from coming in the window.
This section contains 5,054 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)