1. What is Jamie Hunter showing Ruby?
(a) A picture she painted.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) Her new bedroom.
(d) Her new puppy.
2. Who is Jamie's wife?
3. Who are the Honeycutts?
(a) A couple who go to Cora's church.
(b) Ruby's mom's landlords.
(c) The Hunter's neighbors.
(d) A couple who have just moved to Cora's city.
4. How long has Ruby's mother been gone before it is noticed?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) A few days.
(d) 2 weeks.
5. What does Ruby say when asked where her mother is?
(a) She is in the looney bin.
(b) She does not know.
(c) In Las Vegas.
(d) She runt away from home.
6. What excuse do the Honeycutts use to check out Ruby's home?
(a) A plumbing problem.
(b) A new lampshade.
(c) Replacing some slats in the porch floor.
(d) An electrical problem.
7. Why is there a line stretched across the kitchen?
(a) To hang photographs.
(b) To keep light from coming in the window.
(c) To hang pots.
(d) To hang wet clothes.
This section contains 5,054 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)