|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is to be tied to Godfrey and Farrell?
2. What goes off that changes Luna's mind?
3. Who is Tara's fiancé?
4. How much time passes since the party?
5. Who does Sookie refuse to call?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Godfrey tell Sookie and what does she say to him about the ceremony the next day?
2. How does Sookie get away from the church and what does Sarah do about it?
3. Where do Sookie and Bill go the night of Godfrey's suicide?
4. What does Hugo tell Sookie about his involvement in this whole affair?
5. How are Hugo and Isabel punished?
6. What does Sookie do after she sees Hugo and Isabel's punishment?
7. What does Eric talk Sookie into and what does she see Bill doing? How does she react to Bill's behavior?
8. What behavior of Bill's suggests he can read Sookie's mind?
9. What does Sarah do with Sookie and Hugo?
10. What does Sookie find out about Bill and Portia and how does she feel about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As in many fantasy novels, magic is an inherent part of a few of the characters and can be wielded by other characters, though not as an inherent aspect of their nature. Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly discuss and analyze the use of magic in Living Dead in Dallas. Who possesses magic as an inherent aspect of their nature? Who can wield magic through the use of a tool? What is the difference between the two types of magical usage? Is one more powerful than the other?
2. Why do you think magic exists in so many fantasy novels? Do you think a novel can be "fantasy" have there be no magic as a part of the storyline? Why or why not.
3. Which type of magic would you rather possess--that of Sookie's or the magic of Sam Merlotte? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following:
1. What do you think are the characteristics of a successful novel?
2. Analyze and discuss Living Dead in Dallas based upon the criteria you decide upon in #1 and judge if Living Dead in Dallas is a successful novel.
3. Do you think the fact that Living Dead in Dallas is a novel in a series changes the criteria upon which its success should be judged? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast Sookie's world to that of "real" life. What are the advantages to each world? The disadvantages?
2. In which world would you rather live in if you possess no supernatural abilities? Explain your response.
3. If you had Sookie's abilities how would you use them? Use examples from Living Dead in Dallas and your own life to illustrate your answer.
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)