|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sookie yell for everyone to do?
2. Who is to be tied to Godfrey and Farrell?
3. Who is waiting at Sookie's home?
4. How does Sookie feel when she sees Bill with another woman?
5. Who is Gabe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sookie find out about Bill and Portia and how does she feel about it?
2. What does Godfrey tell Sookie and what does she say to him about the ceremony the next day?
3. What does Gabe do after Hugo and Sookie are in the basement?
4. What happens to Sookie when she is almost out of the church?
5. How does Sookie survive the attack on the mansion and how do the other party goers fare?
6. What does Sookie hear outside the mansion at the celebration party and what does she do?
7. Who invites Sookie to the sex club and who does she invite to go with her?
8. What does Sookie do after she sees Hugo and Isabel's punishment?
9. What does Hugo tell Sookie about his involvement in this whole affair?
10. What does Sookie find out when she gets back to the hotel from the church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following:
1. What is a plot? What are the most important elements of a plot and their definition? Do all novels have a plot? Why or why not?
2. Write a brief synopsis of the plot of Living Dead in Dallas, identifying where the various elements of the plot occur (Exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution or denouement). Do you find it difficult to identify the plot? Why or why not? What about the various elements of the plot?
3. Identify the major sub-plots and their elements (They may not contain every element of a major plot). Do the sub-plots add to the main plot? Why or why not. Are the sub-plots interesting in and of themselves? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Sookie Stackhouse has strong telepathic abilities that enable her to hear the thoughts of other humans. Discuss the following:
1. Why do you think Sookie prefers to have a vampire for a boyfriend because she cannot hear the thoughts of vampires? Use examples from the text and your own life to support your answer.
2. If you had Sookie's abilities describe at least three types of work you would do with that ability.
3. If you had a choice to have Sookie's ability or not have it which would you chose? Why? Use examples from the text and your own life to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Many readers of fiction place themselves in the position of one character, wondering if they would do the same thing as that character. Discuss the following:
1. Do you think one of the values of literature is to serve as a reflection of oneself? Why or why not?
2. Socrates said "Know thyself." How can reading a book such as Living Dead in Dallas help a reader to know him/herself? Do you find yourself reflecting on your own character and abilities when reading Living Dead in Dallas? Why or why not.
3. Choose one specific incident in Living Dead in Dallas to discuss and compare Sookie's response to how you think you would respond.
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)