|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attempts to force Sookie into the terminal?
2. What does Sookie think could be the cause of Lafayette's murder?
3. What does Sookie make Sam promised her?
4. What is Stan beginning to think about his people?
5. Where is Sookie going after she leaves work in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Eric want Sookie to go and what are her conditions to agree?
2. What does Sookie do for a living and what special ability does she have?
3. What has happened recently in the world concerning vampires?
4. What do Bill and Sookie decide Sookie will do the next day after meeting with Stan?
5. What does Sookie's boss do when he learns of Sookie's injuries and what does he ask him to do?
6. What is suggested as a possible reason behind Farrell's kidnapping and what does Stan wonder about the person who accosted her at the airport?
7. Who does Sookie meet when the car is broken down and what does this person do?
8. What does Sookie hear on the news while she waits for a car at the hotel? What does she think about the news?
9. Who accosts Sookie while she's waiting at the airport and how does she deal with him?
10. What does Sookie suggest about a leak in information and how does she deal with it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several non-human sentient beings in Living Dead in Dallas, in addition to non-human entities that are not fully sentient. Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly discuss the maenad . Who is she? What are her powers? What is her purpose? Is she "good" or "evil"? What does she look like physically? What role does she play in forwarding the plot? Is she believable? Why or why not?
2. Thoroughly discuss Eric. Who is he? What are his powers? What is his purpose? Is he "good" or "evil"? What does he look like physically? What role does he play in forwarding the plot? Is he believable? Why or why not?
3. Thoroughly discuss Sookie. Who is she? What are her powers? What is her purpose? Is she "good" or "evil"? What does she look like physically? What role does she play in forwarding the plot? Is she believable? Why or why not.
4. Do you think sentient, non-human beings adds to the enjoyment of Living Dead in Dallas? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze the theme of manipulation and power in Living Dead in Dallas. Consider the following questions as you write: What characters are most concerned with manipulation and power? Why? What are some symbols of manipulation and power? Symbols of powerlessness? What characters seem powerless?
2. Trace and analyze the theme of sacrifice in Living Dead in Dallas. Which characters are willing to sacrifice for the greater good? Why? Which characters seem self centered? Why? Why do you think Godfrey sacrifices himself?
3. Trace and analyze the theme of death. How does the world of Living Dead in Dallas seem to view death? Who tries to avoid killing? Who seems to kill for frivolous reasons? Who seems to enjoy killing? Who seems afraid of dying? Not afraid? Who meets death gracefully? In resignation? With joy? With fear?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast Sookie's world to that of "real" life. What are the advantages to each world? The disadvantages?
2. In which world would you rather live in if you possess no supernatural abilities? Explain your response.
3. If you had Sookie's abilities how would you use them? Use examples from Living Dead in Dallas and your own life to illustrate your answer.
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)