Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attempts to force Sookie into the terminal?
2. How did Lafayette die?
3. What does Portia ask Sookie?
4. Who is Sarah Newlin?
5. What does the group decide Sookie will do the next day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sookie get for her work the day after meeting with Stan?
2. Where does Eric want Sookie to go and what are her conditions to agree?
3. What does Sookie do for a living and what special ability does she have?
4. What is suggested as a possible reason behind Farrell's kidnapping and what does Stan wonder about the person who accosted her at the airport?
5. In what form does Sam arrive at the sex club and who is with him?
6. What does Sookie hear on the news while she waits for a car at the hotel? What does she think about the news?
7. What has happened recently in the world concerning vampires?
8. What does Bill discover about Portia's grandmother and what does he do about it?
9. Where is Sookie working and what happens when Andy comes there? What does Sookie do about Andy?
10. How long do Sookie and Eric stay in the sex club room, what does she discover and what do they do after she finds out his information?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast Sookie's world to that of "real" life. What are the advantages to each world? The disadvantages?
2. In which world would you rather live in if you possess no supernatural abilities? Explain your response.
3. If you had Sookie's abilities how would you use them? Use examples from Living Dead in Dallas and your own life to illustrate your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Oftentimes, a book has more of a character-driven plot rather than action driven, and oftentimes the other way. Some books seem to balance the two. Discuss the following:
1. What do you think it means to say that a plot is character driven? Action driven?
2. How do you think a plot differs if it is character driven versus action driven?
3. Which type of plot do you find more interesting? Why?
4. Do you think it is possible to have a plot where action and character development share equal time? Why or why not.
5. What type of plot do you think Living Dead in Dallas is? Explain your response.
Essay Topic 3
Sookie Stackhouse has strong telepathic abilities that enable her to hear the thoughts of other humans. Discuss the following:
1. Why do you think Sookie prefers to have a vampire for a boyfriend because she cannot hear the thoughts of vampires? Use examples from the text and your own life to support your answer.
2. If you had Sookie's abilities describe at least three types of work you would do with that ability.
3. If you had a choice to have Sookie's ability or not have it which would you chose? Why? Use examples from the text and your own life to support your answer.
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)