|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attempts to force Sookie into the terminal?
2. What does Sookie realize about the bellhop?
3. What makes Sookie and Hugo think they are in trouble?
4. What does Andy do after he arrives at the bar?
5. Who will Sookie be seeing at the location from question #16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do Sookie and Eric see at the sex club and why are they surprised?
2. What does JB look like and what does Sookie do when she sees Bill at the game with Portia?
3. What does Sookie do in the morning after she escapes from the church?
4. Why is Sookie meeting Bill after work?
5. Who does Sookie encounter inside the Fellowship Church?
6. What does Sookie find when she arrives home?
7. What behavior of Bill's suggests he can read Sookie's mind?
8. What does Sookie get for her work the day after meeting with Stan?
9. Why does Portia come to the bar to see Sookie and why does Sookie agree with Portia?
10. What does Sookie hear outside the mansion at the celebration party and what does she do?
Essay Topic 1
Many novels, and perhaps a majority, of novels ends on a happy note. Discuss the following:
1. Why do you think many (most?) people want what they perceive as a happy or good ending to a novel? Explain your opinion. Do you? Why or why not?
2. What are three reasons to read fiction? Discuss each one in light of Living Dead in Dallas and whether or not it fulfills all three, two or one of the reasons you mention. Give examples as to why Living Dead in Dallas is or is not successful in fulfilling the reasons you discuss.
3. Do you think reading solely for entertainment is as good a reason to read as any other? Why or why not? Can any work of fiction or non-fiction, no matter how poorly written, enlighten, teach, stimulate thought? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Some aspects of the metaphysical is in every Sookie Stackhouse book. Discuss the following:
1. Define the term "metaphysical."
2. Discuss what elements of the metaphysical appear in the Sookie Stackhouse books, e. g.: What elements of Sookie Stackhouse seem outside the five senses? Give examples. What things that happen cannot be proved by normal scientific methods?
3. What challenges are there in reading a novel that is based in metaphysics?
Essay Topic 3
Living Dead in Dallas is one book in a series of books about Sookie Stackhouse.
1. What are two advantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Illustrate your statements with details from the text.
2. What is a disadvantage of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Illustrate your statements with details from the text.
3. Do you prefer to read a standalone book, or a series of books with the same main characters? Explain your response.
This section contains 2,959 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)