|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ministers to Sookie where Bill takes her?
2. What kind of a supernatural being is Bill?
3. What does Sookie do when she wakes up?
4. What does the being in question #23 tell Sookie?
5. What does the group decide Sookie will do the next day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sookie suggest about a leak in information and how does she deal with it?
2. What does Sookie get for her work the day after meeting with Stan?
3. Who accosts Sookie while she's waiting at the airport and how does she deal with him?
4. What does Sookie find when she comes to work the day after her encounter with Andy?
5. Who does Sookie meet when the car is broken down and what does this person do?
6. What does Steve want Sookie to do at the church and where does Sarah take her?
7. Where does Eric want Sookie to go and what are her conditions to agree?
8. What do Bill and Sookie decide Sookie will do the next day after meeting with Stan?
9. What is suggested as a possible reason behind Farrell's kidnapping and what does Stan wonder about the person who accosted her at the airport?
10. Why does Portia come to the bar to see Sookie and why does Sookie agree with Portia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As in many fantasy novels, magic is an inherent part of a few of the characters and can be wielded by other characters, though not as an inherent aspect of their nature. Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly discuss and analyze the use of magic in Living Dead in Dallas. Who possesses magic as an inherent aspect of their nature? Who can wield magic through the use of a tool? What is the difference between the two types of magical usage? Is one more powerful than the other?
2. Why do you think magic exists in so many fantasy novels? Do you think a novel can be "fantasy" have there be no magic as a part of the storyline? Why or why not.
3. Which type of magic would you rather possess--that of Sookie's or the magic of Sam Merlotte? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Many readers of fiction place themselves in the position of one character, wondering if they would do the same thing as that character. Discuss the following:
1. Do you think one of the values of literature is to serve as a reflection of oneself? Why or why not?
2. Socrates said "Know thyself." How can reading a book such as Living Dead in Dallas help a reader to know him/herself? Do you find yourself reflecting on your own character and abilities when reading Living Dead in Dallas? Why or why not.
3. Choose one specific incident in Living Dead in Dallas to discuss and compare Sookie's response to how you think you would respond.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast Sookie's world to that of "real" life. What are the advantages to each world? The disadvantages?
2. In which world would you rather live in if you possess no supernatural abilities? Explain your response.
3. If you had Sookie's abilities how would you use them? Use examples from Living Dead in Dallas and your own life to illustrate your answer.
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)