|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of job does Sookie have?
2. What is Sookie told as to why they need her help?
3. What is Sam?
4. What do Hugo and Sookie do before they arrive at their destination?
5. What does Sookie demand before she will go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sookie learn about Lafayette's death?
2. Where do Sookie and Bill go when they leave the hotel and what are they told there?
3. What does Sookie do when she wakes from her injuries and what is she told?
4. What does Steve want Sookie to do at the church and where does Sarah take her?
5. What do Bill and Sookie decide Sookie will do the next day after meeting with Stan?
6. What is suggested as a possible reason behind Farrell's kidnapping and what does Stan wonder about the person who accosted her at the airport?
7. Why does Portia come to the bar to see Sookie and why does Sookie agree with Portia?
8. What has happened recently in the world concerning vampires?
9. Who comes to Sookie's work, what do they do, and what does she recall?
10. To what hotel do Sookie and Bill go and what does Sookie realize about the bellboy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several non-human sentient beings in Living Dead in Dallas, in addition to non-human entities that are not fully sentient. Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly discuss the maenad . Who is she? What are her powers? What is her purpose? Is she "good" or "evil"? What does she look like physically? What role does she play in forwarding the plot? Is she believable? Why or why not?
2. Thoroughly discuss Eric. Who is he? What are his powers? What is his purpose? Is he "good" or "evil"? What does he look like physically? What role does he play in forwarding the plot? Is he believable? Why or why not?
3. Thoroughly discuss Sookie. Who is she? What are her powers? What is her purpose? Is she "good" or "evil"? What does she look like physically? What role does she play in forwarding the plot? Is she believable? Why or why not.
4. Do you think sentient, non-human beings adds to the enjoyment of Living Dead in Dallas? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Some aspects of the metaphysical is in every Sookie Stackhouse book. Discuss the following:
1. Define the term "metaphysical."
2. Discuss what elements of the metaphysical appear in the Sookie Stackhouse books, e. g.: What elements of Sookie Stackhouse seem outside the five senses? Give examples. What things that happen cannot be proved by normal scientific methods?
3. What challenges are there in reading a novel that is based in metaphysics?
Essay Topic 3
Oftentimes, a book has more of a character-driven plot rather than action driven, and oftentimes the other way. Some books seem to balance the two. Discuss the following:
1. What do you think it means to say that a plot is character driven? Action driven?
2. How do you think a plot differs if it is character driven versus action driven?
3. Which type of plot do you find more interesting? Why?
4. Do you think it is possible to have a plot where action and character development share equal time? Why or why not.
5. What type of plot do you think Living Dead in Dallas is? Explain your response.
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)