|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what hotel does Sookie go?
2. Where is Sookie when she wakes up?
3. What does Sookie realize about the bellhop?
4. How does Sookie feel about Bill's offer?
5. How are vampires becoming acceptable to humans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sookie do when she wakes from her injuries and what is she told?
2. Who comes to Sookie's work, what do they do, and what does she recall?
3. What does Sookie find when she comes to work the day after her encounter with Andy?
4. Who accosts Sookie while she's waiting at the airport and how does she deal with him?
5. Who does Sookie encounter inside the Fellowship Church?
6. What does Steve want Sookie to do at the church and where does Sarah take her?
7. Where is Sookie working and what happens when Andy comes there? What does Sookie do about Andy?
8. What does Sookie get for her work the day after meeting with Stan?
9. What does Sookie learn about Lafayette's death?
10. What has happened recently in the world concerning vampires?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following:
1. What do you think are the characteristics of a successful novel?
2. Analyze and discuss Living Dead in Dallas based upon the criteria you decide upon in #1 and judge if Living Dead in Dallas is a successful novel.
3. Do you think the fact that Living Dead in Dallas is a novel in a series changes the criteria upon which its success should be judged? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Sookie Stackhouse has strong telepathic abilities that enable her to hear the thoughts of other humans. Discuss the following:
1. Why do you think Sookie prefers to have a vampire for a boyfriend because she cannot hear the thoughts of vampires? Use examples from the text and your own life to support your answer.
2. If you had Sookie's abilities describe at least three types of work you would do with that ability.
3. If you had a choice to have Sookie's ability or not have it which would you chose? Why? Use examples from the text and your own life to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
As in many fantasy novels, magic is an inherent part of a few of the characters and can be wielded by other characters, though not as an inherent aspect of their nature. Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly discuss and analyze the use of magic in Living Dead in Dallas. Who possesses magic as an inherent aspect of their nature? Who can wield magic through the use of a tool? What is the difference between the two types of magical usage? Is one more powerful than the other?
2. Why do you think magic exists in so many fantasy novels? Do you think a novel can be "fantasy" have there be no magic as a part of the storyline? Why or why not.
3. Which type of magic would you rather possess--that of Sookie's or the magic of Sam Merlotte? Explain your answer.
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)