|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the founder of the Fellowship want of Hugo and Sookie?
2. What does Sam do when he finds out Sookie was attacked?
3. Where is Sookie when she wakes up?
4. What does Sookie wonder about the murder in question #74?
5. Who attempts to force Sookie into the terminal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Sookie meet when the car is broken down and what does this person do?
2. What does Sookie find when she comes to work the day after her encounter with Andy?
3. What does Sookie get for her work the day after meeting with Stan?
4. Who do Bill and Sookie think might have kidnapped Farrell?
5. Where do Sookie and Bill go when they leave the hotel and what are they told there?
6. Why does Portia come to the bar to see Sookie and why does Sookie agree with Portia?
7. What has happened recently in the world concerning vampires?
8. What do Sookie and a few co-workers think about Lafayette?
9. Why is Sookie waiting at the airport in Dallas and at what Airlines is she waiting?
10. What has Bill purchased recently and what does he tell Sookie about it? How does he feel about his suggestion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following:
1. What do you think are the characteristics of a successful novel?
2. Analyze and discuss Living Dead in Dallas based upon the criteria you decide upon in #1 and judge if Living Dead in Dallas is a successful novel.
3. Do you think the fact that Living Dead in Dallas is a novel in a series changes the criteria upon which its success should be judged? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
There are several non-human sentient beings in Living Dead in Dallas, in addition to non-human entities that are not fully sentient. Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly discuss the maenad . Who is she? What are her powers? What is her purpose? Is she "good" or "evil"? What does she look like physically? What role does she play in forwarding the plot? Is she believable? Why or why not?
2. Thoroughly discuss Eric. Who is he? What are his powers? What is his purpose? Is he "good" or "evil"? What does he look like physically? What role does he play in forwarding the plot? Is he believable? Why or why not?
3. Thoroughly discuss Sookie. Who is she? What are her powers? What is her purpose? Is she "good" or "evil"? What does she look like physically? What role does she play in forwarding the plot? Is she believable? Why or why not.
4. Do you think sentient, non-human beings adds to the enjoyment of Living Dead in Dallas? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Living Dead in Dallas is one book in a series of books about Sookie Stackhouse.
1. What are two advantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Illustrate your statements with details from the text.
2. What is a disadvantage of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Illustrate your statements with details from the text.
3. Do you prefer to read a standalone book, or a series of books with the same main characters? Explain your response.
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)