|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sookie make Sam promised her?
2. What does Sookie tell her boss the next day?
3. What does Sookie find out from the bouncer?
4. What does the being in question #23 tell Sookie?
5. What does Sam promise Sookie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sookie do in the morning after she escapes from the church?
2. What has happened recently in the world concerning vampires?
3. What was the woman who hurt Sookie?
4. How are Hugo and Isabel punished?
5. What does Godfrey tell Sookie and what does she say to him about the ceremony the next day?
6. What does Sookie hear outside the mansion at the celebration party and what does she do?
7. What behavior of Bill's suggests he can read Sookie's mind?
8. Why is Sookie meeting Bill after work?
9. What is suggested as a possible reason behind Farrell's kidnapping and what does Stan wonder about the person who accosted her at the airport?
10. What does Eric talk Sookie into and what does she see Bill doing? How does she react to Bill's behavior?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many readers of fiction place themselves in the position of one character, wondering if they would do the same thing as that character. Discuss the following:
1. Do you think one of the values of literature is to serve as a reflection of oneself? Why or why not?
2. Socrates said "Know thyself." How can reading a book such as Living Dead in Dallas help a reader to know him/herself? Do you find yourself reflecting on your own character and abilities when reading Living Dead in Dallas? Why or why not.
3. Choose one specific incident in Living Dead in Dallas to discuss and compare Sookie's response to how you think you would respond.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast Sookie's world to that of "real" life. What are the advantages to each world? The disadvantages?
2. In which world would you rather live in if you possess no supernatural abilities? Explain your response.
3. If you had Sookie's abilities how would you use them? Use examples from Living Dead in Dallas and your own life to illustrate your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly analyze how the setting informs the plot in Living Dead in Dallas.
2. Trace and analyze one major theme of Living Dead in Dallas. How is the theme represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
3. Trace and analyze two secondary themes of Living Dead in Dallas. How are the themes represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
This section contains 3,110 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)