|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam promise Sookie?
2. To where are Sookie and Bill driven from the hotel?
3. What was Lafayette doing the last time Sookie saw him?
4. Who is Sarah Newlin?
5. What is the name of the group which hates vampires?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sookie do after she sees Hugo and Isabel's punishment?
2. How does the maenad feel about the tribute Eric made and what does she do at the sex club?
3. How do Sookie and Eric dress to go to the sex club?
4. What does Sarah do with Sookie and Hugo?
5. Who do Bill and Sookie think might have kidnapped Farrell?
6. What does Sookie suggest about a leak in information and how does she deal with it?
7. What does Sookie get for her work the day after meeting with Stan?
8. What does Sookie see in Bethany's mind?
9. Where do Sookie and Bill go when they leave the hotel and what are they told there?
10. Who comes to Sookie's work, what do they do, and what does she recall?
Essay Topic 1
Characters are an important part of what makes Living Dead in Dallas interesting. Discuss the following "good" characters:
1. Thoroughly discuss and analyze Bill. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he always likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
2. Thoroughly discuss and analyze Godfrey. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he always likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
3. Thoroughly discuss and analyze Sookie. What are her strengths? Her weaknesses? How does she contribute to the plot? Is she a sympathetic character? Is she always likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Sookie Stackhouse has strong telepathic abilities that enable her to hear the thoughts of other humans. Discuss the following:
1. Why do you think Sookie prefers to have a vampire for a boyfriend because she cannot hear the thoughts of vampires? Use examples from the text and your own life to support your answer.
2. If you had Sookie's abilities describe at least three types of work you would do with that ability.
3. If you had a choice to have Sookie's ability or not have it which would you chose? Why? Use examples from the text and your own life to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1. What do you think are the characteristics of a successful novel?
2. Analyze and discuss Living Dead in Dallas based upon the criteria you decide upon in #1 and judge if Living Dead in Dallas is a successful novel.
3. Do you think the fact that Living Dead in Dallas is a novel in a series changes the criteria upon which its success should be judged? Explain.
This section contains 3,088 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)