• Sookie, a cocktail waitress can read minds and her boyfriend, Bill, is a vampire.
• Vampires have come out of hiding and are in the process of having their existence acceptable through legislation.
• Andy Bellefleur, a lifelong acquaintance of Sookie's gets very drunk and Sookie has his sister, Portia take him home.
• The next day, Sookie finds Lafayette, the short order cook at Merlotte's Bar where she works, dead in Andy's car.
• Sookie tells the police the last time she saw Lafayette he was talking about a sex club in Bon Temps to which he had been invited.
• Sookie, and some of her co-workers, wonder if Lafayette talking about the sex club was the reason for his murder.
• Lafayette died from a broken neck, most likely killed somewhere else and dumped in Andy's car.
• Sookie goes home after work to get ready to drive to Shreveport with...
This section contains 1,798 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)