|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did a person being arrested throw into Mike's yard?
2. Who taught the Mike's college course on Shakespeare?
3. Who said, "It was an exercise that was all analysis and no synthesis"?
4. What was the name of Mrs. Ramirez's youngest child?
5. Who did Mike go to see when he became sick with fear?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mike feel about the final assignment in Professor Gullans' class?
2. What did Mike learn from Ted Erlandson?
3. During Mike's high school years, what were his feelings about going to college?
4. What lesson did Mike design to help his students better understand vocabulary?
5. How did Mike describe the Goddess of Grammar?
6. What did Mike do with his student's writings?
7. How did Mike describe Professor Gullans?
8. How did Rosalie guide Mike in interacting with his students in El Monte?
9. How did Mike describe Dr. Gunner as a teacher?
10. How did Mike describe Mr. Wilson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the connection that Mike felt with some of his students from the Veterans Program. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what experiences led Mike to become a teacher. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the focus placed on test results and how it affected students' placement in school. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)