|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taught the Mike's college course on Shakespeare?
2. What was the name of the apartment complex where Mike lived when he attended UCLA?
3. In college, what book did Mike have a hard time studying?
4. What group did Mike join after leaving UCLA?
5. Which student's mother belonged to a motorcycle gang?
Short Essay Questions
1. In school, how did Mike defend himself against things he couldn't understand?
2. How did Mike describe Mr. Wilson?
3. Why did Mike say that he wrote "Lives on the Boundary"?
4. What did Mike learn from Ted Erlandson?
5. What type of ending did Hank write to the Rocky Raccoon story?
6. How did Mike describe Dr. Gunner as a teacher?
7. What did Mike do to make money while at UCLA?
8. What did Mike learn in the Philosophy of Man class?
9. Why did Laura struggle in Remedial English?
10. During Mike's high school years, what were his feelings about going to college?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what experiences led Mike to become a teacher. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the connection that Mike felt with some of his students from the Veterans Program. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what effect Mike's experience with literary works had on his teaching methods. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)