|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mike, what type of assessment of students was more legitimate?
2. What was Harold's fourth grade teacher's recommendation for him?
(a) To work harder.
(b) To get one on one assistance.
(c) To be placed in a special needs class.
(d) To be placed in an advanced class.
3. Who taught Mike to work like a policy maker?
(a) Chip Anderson and Chuck Ries.
(b) Steve Anderson and John Ries.
(c) John Anderson and Steve Ries.
(d) Chuck Anderson and Chip Ries.
4. According to Mike what was task representation?
(a) The way a problem was depicted in the mind.
(b) The approach a person took in solving a problem.
(c) The way a person looked at a problem.
(d) The way a problem was depicted in text.
5. Who said "It is what we are excited about that educates us"?
(a) Alison Ewen.
(b) Michelle Ewen.
(c) Elizabeth Ewen.
(d) Jane Ewen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rank was Andrea in her high school class?
2. Who tallied the percentage of students that misspelled mortgage?
3. What did Mike say that turn-of-the-century English education was built on?
4. What kind of problem did the ophthalmologist say Harold had?
5. Why did Mike believe that most of the men were involved in the program?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way did Mike believe the education system required too much from their schools?
2. According to Mike, how did nineteenth century educators view their mission to help the poor?
3. What types of exercises did the students do in Basic English?
4. What did Arthur do when he went mad?
5. How did Mike help Millie on the word comprehension test?
6. What did Mike say was the irony of testing students?
7. Why did Mike feel summarizing was a crucial skill?
8. According to Mike, what should be the focus of new college students?
9. Why did Mike say educators viewed the poor as being different?
10. How did Mike use poems and songs to teach language to the veterans?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)