|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mike who initiated counter literature?
(a) Steve Labov.
(b) Ray Labov.
(c) John Labov.
(d) William Labov.
2. What reading made Blanche laugh aloud when Mike was teaching literature?
3. Who said that correctness was the era's "most significant measure of accomplished prose"?
(a) James Berlin.
(b) Michael Berlin.
(c) John Berlin.
(d) Steve Berlin.
4. Who cautioned against psychological labeling?
5. What did Mike choose as the subject of his curriculum in the Veteran's Program?
(a) Personal demons.
(b) Family life.
(c) War experiences.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mike believe that most of the men were involved in the program?
2. How did Jerry Williams act with the other veterans?
3. What was Jerry Williams addicted to?
4. What did the men involved in the program say about themselves in high school?
5. What did Mike say was typically the origin of a failed education?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Arthur do when he went mad?
2. What struck Mike most about people struggling to learn?
3. Why did Mike feel summarizing was a crucial skill?
4. What was Jerry Williams' reaction when he was told he couldn't take the final exam?
5. In what way did Mike believe the education system required too much from their schools?
6. What did Mike say students needed to be able to succeed in college?
7. Why did Mike feel men joined the Veterans Program?
8. Why did Mike say educators viewed the poor as being different?
9. Why did Mike think Harold's favorite song was "My Boyfriend's Back" by the Angels.
10. According to Mike, how did nineteenth century educators view their mission to help the poor?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)