|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mike believe that most of the men were involved in the program?
(a) They wanted to conquer their fears.
(b) They wanted to change their lives.
(c) They wanted to relate their war experience to others.
(d) They wanted to talk about their families.
2. What kind of problem did the ophthalmologist say Harold had?
(c) Lack of interest.
3. What was Mike's reaction as a boy read Shakespeare?
4. What did Mike choose as the subject of his curriculum in the Veteran's Program?
(a) Personal demons.
(b) Family life.
(c) War experiences.
5. How did Mike define remedial?
(d) Run of the mill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What class were developmental students required to take at a state college in Ohio?
2. According to Mike, what type of assessment of students was more legitimate?
3. Two months into his tutoring at his new job, who offered Mike a full time job?
4. Who helped Mike on his project during his first year?
5. What did Mike say Aphasia was?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mike say that teachers in some neighborhoods were unable to do anything for their students?
2. What types of exercises did the students do in Basic English?
3. What did Mike learn about developing curriculum from his time spent in El Monte?
4. Why did Mike say educators viewed the poor as being different?
5. What did Mike say was the irony of testing students?
6. According to Mike, what should be the focus of new college students?
7. What did Mike's work in the Veterans Program help him to do in his life?
8. How did Mike help Millie on the word comprehension test?
9. What struck Mike most about people struggling to learn?
10. What did Arthur do when he went mad?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)