|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the title of Harold's favorite song?
(a) My Boyfriend's Back.
(b) I'm Going Back to My Boyfriend.
(c) I'm Leaving My Boyfriend.
(d) My Boyfriend is Leaving Me.
2. What did Mike say was the most enjoyable program they set up during their time in El Monte?
(a) English grammar program.
(b) Writing class for adults.
(c) Spanish as a second language class.
(d) English program for Spanish speaking adults.
3. What did Mike do most of his first year at UCLA?
(a) Creat a training program.
(b) Develope curriculum.
(c) Help students.
4. What did Mike's increased work in the Tutorial Center force him to participate in?
(c) Policy making.
(d) Public speaking.
5. Who said that students "had been hurt about their intelligence"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the English Department in Ohio want?
2. What kind of problem did the ophthalmologist say Harold had?
3. What did Mike choose as the subject of his curriculum in the Veteran's Program?
4. How did Harold place in on his first grade reading readiness test?
5. Who sang Harold's favorite song?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mike say educators viewed the poor as being different?
2. How did students react when they were assigned to take the English as a Second Language class?
3. Why did Mike feel men joined the Veterans Program?
4. What did Mike say was the base of twentieth century English education?
5. What did Mike say students needed to be able to succeed in college?
6. According to Mike, turn-of-the-century English education was based on what?
7. What struck Mike most about people struggling to learn?
8. What did Mike learn about developing curriculum from his time spent in El Monte?
9. What types of exercises did the students do in Basic English?
10. What was Jerry Williams' reaction when he was told he couldn't take the final exam?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)