|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mike say he did his most unusual teaching?
(a) Learning Line.
(c) El Monte.
(d) Veterans Program.
2. How much did Mike say he wrote as a child?
(a) Only in school.
(b) As much as possible.
(c) All the time.
(d) Very little.
3. Who taught Mike to work like a policy maker?
(a) Steve Anderson and John Ries.
(b) Chip Anderson and Chuck Ries.
(c) John Anderson and Steve Ries.
(d) Chuck Anderson and Chip Ries.
4. What type of writer was Jerry Williams?
5. Who wrote "Remedial Cases in Reading"?
(a) William S. Gray.
(b) John Gray.
(c) James Gray.
(d) Steve Gray.
Short Answer Questions
1. Two months into his tutoring at his new job, who offered Mike a full time job?
2. What was Robert Cole looking for in his investigations of childhood morality?
3. What did Mike believe that his students needed to be immersed in?
4. What did Mike's increased work in the Tutorial Center force him to participate in?
5. According to Mike what was a nickname for remedial sections in the 1930s?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mike feel men joined the Veterans Program?
2. What did Mike believe caused Suzanne to write sentence fragments?
3. What did Mike's work in the Veterans Program help him to do in his life?
4. How did students react when they were assigned to take the English as a Second Language class?
5. What did Mike learn about developing curriculum from his time spent in El Monte?
6. What did Mike say was the irony of testing students?
7. How did Mike use poems and songs to teach language to the veterans?
8. How did Mike help Millie on the word comprehension test?
9. What did Mike say students needed to be able to succeed in college?
10. How did Mike feel the educators of his time viewed helping the poor?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)