|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skill did Mike believe was critical?
(b) An ability to discuss the past.
(d) Good writing skills.
2. Who said that they wouldn't understand the logic of error?
(a) Joan Shaughnessy.
(b) Suzanne Shaughnessy.
(c) Sara Shaughnessy.
(d) Mina Shaughnessy.
3. What did Mike buy to read as a child?
4. What did Mike say was the most enjoyable program they set up during their time in El Monte?
(a) English program for Spanish speaking adults.
(b) English grammar program.
(c) Spanish as a second language class.
(d) Writing class for adults.
5. What class were developmental students required to take at a state college in Ohio?
(a) Remedial English.
(b) Advanced English.
(c) English and Grammar Usage.
(d) Basic English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Primarily, what type of high school student did Mike work with at UCLA?
2. According to Mike, what was the focus of twentieth century writing curriculum?
3. When Mike was thirteen, what did he listen to with unease?
4. What color was Mrs. Morton's hair?
5. What was the purpose of the Writing Research Project?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mike struggle with when writing the procedures he used in his dissertation?
2. Why did Mike think Harold's favorite song was "My Boyfriend's Back" by the Angels.
3. What did Mike believe caused Suzanne to write sentence fragments?
4. How did Mike feel the educators of his time viewed helping the poor?
5. What did Mike's work in the Veterans Program help him to do in his life?
6. What did Mike say was the base of twentieth century English education?
7. What did Mike say was the irony of testing students?
8. What did Mike learn about developing curriculum from his time spent in El Monte?
9. How did students react when they were assigned to take the English as a Second Language class?
10. Why did Mike say that teachers in some neighborhoods were unable to do anything for their students?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)