|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Robert Cole looking for in his investigations of childhood morality?
2. Who wrote that "Teaching bears a resemblance to the practice of medicine"?
(a) Steve Lang.
(b) Albert Lang.
(c) Paul Lang.
(d) Jerry Lang.
3. What was Mike's reaction as a boy read Shakespeare?
4. How did Kathy feel at UCLA?
(b) In her element.
(c) Out of her element.
5. What class of Mike's was Concepcion Baca in?
(a) European Literature.
(b) American Literature.
(c) Comparative Literature.
(d) Historical Literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Primarily, what type of high school student did Mike work with at UCLA?
2. What did Mike suggest Suzette use to avoid repetition in her writing?
3. What did Mike give Jack to read?
4. What did Mike do most of his first year at UCLA?
5. How long was the Freshman Summer Program?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mike say students needed to be able to succeed in college?
2. Why did Mike say educators viewed the poor as being different?
3. Why did Mike feel men joined the Veterans Program?
4. What did Mike say was the link between students' backgrounds and their success or failure in college?
5. Why did Harold feel alone?
6. What did Mike learn about developing curriculum from his time spent in El Monte?
7. In what way did Mike believe the education system required too much from their schools?
8. What types of exercises did the students do in Basic English?
9. What struck Mike most about people struggling to learn?
10. What did Mike struggle with when writing the procedures he used in his dissertation?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)