|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mike choose as the subject of his curriculum in the Veteran's Program?
(b) War experiences.
(c) Personal demons.
(d) Family life.
2. According to Mike who initiated counter literature?
(a) William Labov.
(b) Steve Labov.
(c) John Labov.
(d) Ray Labov.
3. What was the purpose of the Writing Research Project?
(a) To study how writing was taught at UCLA.
(b) To increase the writing abilities of students at Loyola.
(c) To increse the writing abilities of students at UCLA.
(d) To study how writing was taught at Loyola.
4. Who was the historian of numeracy?
(a) Patricia Cohen Cline.
(b) Patrica Cohen.
(c) Patricia Cline.
(d) Patricia Cline Cohen.
5. What did Mike say that turn-of-the-century English education was built on?
(a) Latin and Greek grammar.
(b) Greek grammar.
(c) Latin grammar.
(d) English grammar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mike say made Harold stupid?
2. Who helped Mike on his project during his first year?
3. What did Jon tell Mike that he wanted to be?
4. What class were developmental students required to take at a state college in Ohio?
5. What class of Mike's was Concepcion Baca in?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)