|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word did Mike use referring to the lively UCLA building where he worked?
2. When Mike was thirteen, what did he listen to with unease?
(a) Classical music.
(b) Contemporary music.
(c) Public radio.
(d) Jazz music.
3. What did Mike say that turn-of-the-century English education was built on?
(a) English grammar.
(b) Latin grammar.
(c) Greek grammar.
(d) Latin and Greek grammar.
4. What was the purpose of the Writing Research Project?
(a) To increse the writing abilities of students at UCLA.
(b) To study how writing was taught at Loyola.
(c) To increase the writing abilities of students at Loyola.
(d) To study how writing was taught at UCLA.
5. Two months into his tutoring at his new job, who offered Mike a full time job?
(a) Dr. Sanderson.
(b) Dr. Jones.
(c) Dr. Carothers.
(d) Dr. Anderson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Harold place in on his first grade reading readiness test?
2. According to Mike, what was the focus of twentieth century writing curriculum?
3. How did Kathy feel at UCLA?
4. What did Mike say that the Veteran's program enabled him to do?
5. What did Mike buy to read as a child?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)