|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mike give Jack to read?
(a) All Our Kin.
(b) The Great Gatsby.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Moby Dick.
2. Primarily, what type of high school student did Mike work with at UCLA?
(d) High average.
3. Students with backgrounds like Mike, froze up when confronted with what?
(a) Grammar exercises..
(b) Writing exercises.
(c) Fine literature.
(d) Difficult reading.
4. Why wouldn't Millie identify the word imagined?
(a) She was scared of it.
(b) She didn't want too.
(c) She found it too difficult.
(d) She couldn't understand it.
5. What class of Mike's was Concepcion Baca in?
(a) European Literature.
(b) Historical Literature.
(c) Comparative Literature.
(d) American Literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mike was thirteen, what did he listen to with unease?
2. Who did Mike say was a special kind of student?
3. Who said that they wouldn't understand the logic of error?
4. What did Mike buy to read as a child?
5. What literature did Mike say that he knew little about?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)