|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Harold place in on his first grade reading readiness test?
(b) Low average.
(c) High average.
2. Who said that they wouldn't understand the logic of error?
(a) Mina Shaughnessy.
(b) Joan Shaughnessy.
(c) Sara Shaughnessy.
(d) Suzanne Shaughnessy.
3. How did Jerry Williams act with the other veterans?
4. Two months into his tutoring at his new job, who offered Mike a full time job?
(a) Dr. Sanderson.
(b) Dr. Anderson.
(c) Dr. Carothers.
(d) Dr. Jones.
5. Students with backgrounds like Mike, froze up when confronted with what?
(a) Grammar exercises..
(b) Difficult reading.
(c) Fine literature.
(d) Writing exercises.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was Mrs. Morton's hair?
2. What did the men involved in the program say about themselves in high school?
3. What was the title of Harold's favorite song?
4. What reading made Blanche laugh aloud when Mike was teaching literature?
5. What did Mike say was a disturbing tendency among educators in his time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mike help Millie on the word comprehension test?
2. How did Mike feel the educators of his time viewed helping the poor?
3. What was Jerry Williams' reaction when he was told he couldn't take the final exam?
4. What did Arthur do when he went mad?
5. How did Mike use poems and songs to teach language to the veterans?
6. Why did Mike believe that the students' loneliness at UCLA was rooted in language?
7. Why did Mike think Harold's favorite song was "My Boyfriend's Back" by the Angels.
8. What did Mike's work in the Veterans Program help him to do in his life?
9. What did Mike say was the irony of testing students?
10. Why did Mike feel men joined the Veterans Program?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)