|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two months into his tutoring at his new job, who offered Mike a full time job?
(a) Dr. Carothers.
(b) Dr. Sanderson.
(c) Dr. Anderson.
(d) Dr. Jones.
2. According to Mike, what was the curriculum at UCLA not doing?
(a) Helping students learn new things.
(b) Preparing students for the future.
(c) Addressing weaknesses.
(d) Increasing abilities.
3. According to Mike what deterred students from writing?
(a) Boring curriculum.
(b) Hard curriculum.
(c) Easy curriculum.
(d) Remedial curriculum.
4. What did Mike buy to read as a child?
5. Where did Mike go to learn more about counseling?
(a) The Suicide Counseling Center.
(b) The Prevention Program.
(c) The Suicide Prevention Center.
(d) Counseling Program.
Short Answer Questions
1. What literature did Mike say that he knew little about?
2. Who said that they wouldn't understand the logic of error?
3. According to Mike, when did American colleges start using preparatory courses?
4. Why wouldn't Millie identify the word imagined?
5. What was the Spanish word for a bass guitar with six strings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mike say students needed to be able to succeed in college?
2. What did Mike say was the link between students' backgrounds and their success or failure in college?
3. According to Mike, turn-of-the-century English education was based on what?
4. What was Jerry Williams' reaction when he was told he couldn't take the final exam?
5. How did students react when they were assigned to take the English as a Second Language class?
6. Why did Mike say that teachers in some neighborhoods were unable to do anything for their students?
7. What did Arthur do when he went mad?
8. How did Mike use poems and songs to teach language to the veterans?
9. Why did Mike say educators viewed the poor as being different?
10. What did Mike believe caused Suzanne to write sentence fragments?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)