|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mike say that the Veteran's program enabled him to do?
(a) Come into his own as a teacher.
(b) Relate to students.
(c) Become a better public speaker.
(d) Increase his self confidence.
2. What did the men involved in the program say about themselves in high school?
(a) They had no interest in school.
(b) They were bad students.
(c) That they were a teachers bad dream.
(d) They were good students.
3. When Mike was thirteen, what did he listen to with unease?
(a) Contemporary music.
(b) Classical music.
(c) Jazz music.
(d) Public radio.
4. Why wouldn't Millie identify the word imagined?
(a) She found it too difficult.
(b) She was scared of it.
(c) She didn't want too.
(d) She couldn't understand it.
5. How long was the Freshman Summer Program?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 10 weeks.
(d) 8 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of course did Mike want to develop for his students in the Veterans Program?
2. What type of curriculum did Mike say was the used by one teacher in his new job?
3. Where did Andrea immigrate from?
4. Two months into his tutoring at his new job, who offered Mike a full time job?
5. What kind of problem did the ophthalmologist say Harold had?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)