|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Andrea immigrate from?
(b) El Salvador.
2. Who did Mike say was a special kind of student?
(a) Jon Stevens.
(b) Jerry Williams.
(c) Jack Cheney.
(d) Alex Hutchinson.
3. According to Mike what was task representation?
(a) The approach a person took in solving a problem.
(b) The way a problem was depicted in text.
(c) The way a problem was depicted in the mind.
(d) The way a person looked at a problem.
4. When Mike was thirteen, what did he listen to with unease?
(a) Public radio.
(b) Contemporary music.
(c) Jazz music.
(d) Classical music.
5. What did Mike's increased work in the Tutorial Center force him to participate in?
(a) Public speaking.
(d) Policy making.
6. What did Mike say made Harold stupid?
(a) His educational defect.
(b) His longing.
(c) His psychological issues.
(d) His lack of interest.
7. What class of Mike's was Concepcion Baca in?
(a) Comparative Literature.
(b) Historical Literature.
(c) European Literature.
(d) American Literature.
8. How long was the Freshman Summer Program?
(a) 10 weeks.
(b) 8 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
9. Students with backgrounds like Mike, froze up when confronted with what?
(a) Fine literature.
(b) Difficult reading.
(c) Writing exercises.
(d) Grammar exercises..
10. What reading made Blanche laugh aloud when Mike was teaching literature?
11. What was Robert Cole looking for in his investigations of childhood morality?
12. What was the Spanish word for a bass guitar with six strings?
(c) Bajo Sexto.
13. What did Mike say Aphasia was?
(a) An impairment in the ability to use symbols.
(b) A psychological impairment.
(c) An inability to use the left side of the brain.
(d) An educational defect.
14. Why wouldn't Millie identify the word imagined?
(a) She found it too difficult.
(b) She was scared of it.
(c) She didn't want too.
(d) She couldn't understand it.
15. According to Mike, what type of assessment of students was more legitimate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What UCLA class gave Suzette trouble?
2. What kind of student were most of the veterans considered to be?
3. What word did Mike use referring to the lively UCLA building where he worked?
4. What literature did Mike say that he knew little about?
5. Where did Mike go to learn more about counseling?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)