|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 187-204.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which student's parents were alcoholics?
2. Why did Bobby feel unable to achieve the same high standards at UCLA that he had been able to achieve in high school?
(a) The environment had changed.
(b) The teachers had higher expectations.
(c) The classes were harder.
(d) The class sizes were larger.
3. What did the men involved in the program say about themselves in high school?
(a) They had no interest in school.
(b) They were good students.
(c) That they were a teachers bad dream.
(d) They were bad students.
4. Who cautioned against psychological labeling?
5. What skill did Mike believe was critical?
(b) Good writing skills.
(c) An ability to discuss the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mike say was the most enjoyable program they set up during their time in El Monte?
2. What building on the UCLA campus housed the Tutorial Center?
3. Who wrote that "schools are theaters were we play out the conflicts in the culture"?
4. Where did Mike and his team meet for dinner once a week?
5. What did Mike's parents want him to become when he grew up?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)