|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 205 - 216.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the purpose of the Writing Research Project?
(a) To study how writing was taught at Loyola.
(b) To increase the writing abilities of students at Loyola.
(c) To increse the writing abilities of students at UCLA.
(d) To study how writing was taught at UCLA.
2. What did Mike say that teaching was?
(a) A hard job.
(b) A difficult endeavor.
(c) The best job ever.
(d) A kind of romance.
3. What did Mike say made Harold stupid?
(a) His educational defect.
(b) His longing.
(c) His lack of interest.
(d) His psychological issues.
4. Who did Mike say was the coolest kid he knew?
(a) John Wilson.
(b) Tyrrell Wilson.
(c) Alex Wilson.
(d) Samuel Wilson.
5. Who was the progressive theologian that Mike mentioned?
(a) John Hilsdale.
(b) Paul Hilsdale.
(c) Arthur Hilsdale.
(d) Steve Hilsdale.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days a week did Mike and his team work in the schools?
2. According to Mike, when did American colleges start using preparatory courses?
3. Where did Andrea immigrate from?
4. Who created the literacy club that Mike joined in high school?
5. What did Mike discover about the men after spending two months with them?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)