|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 205 - 216.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Mike's test results were mixed up with the results of another high school student?
(a) He got placed on the vocational track.
(b) He was put in advanced classes.
(c) He quit school.
(d) He went to another school.
2. What did Patti Masters make Mike to help him fit in as a teacher?
(a) Dress pants.
(b) 3 long ties.
(c) Dress shirts.
(d) Wool coat.
3. What did the English Department in Ohio want?
(a) To increase basic instruction.
(b) To develop a new curriculum.
(c) To enhance the current curriculum.
(d) To get away from basic instruction.
4. What reading made Blanche laugh aloud when Mike was teaching literature?
5. What course did Mike take in his second semester at college?
(a) Philosophy of Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Mike's UCLA professor who spoke with a Brooklyn accent?
2. According to Mike how did educators in the 1930s view literary problems?
3. What subject did Mike have trouble learning?
4. In what grade was Hank tagged as a slow learner?
5. When did the Los Angeles Times write "A Drop in Student Skills Unequaled in History"?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)