|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 205 - 216.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In college, what subject did Mike find hard to study?
(a) Psychological text.
(b) English Prose written before the 20th century.
(c) Contemporary literature.
2. What group did Mike join after leaving UCLA?
(a) Teacher Program.
(b) Teacher Corps.
(c) Veterans Program.
(d) UCLA Literacy Group.
3. How far was Our Lady of Mercy from Mike's home?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 15 miles.
(d) 20 miles.
4. How did Mike try to avoid his inadequacy in a particular subject?
(a) By daydreaming in class.
(b) By pretending to understand.
(c) By skipping class.
(d) By having someone else do his assignments.
5. What did Jon tell Mike that he wanted to be?
(a) A writer.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A public speaker.
(d) An artist.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mike, what did most students and professors call English A?
2. What was the Spanish word for a bass guitar with six strings?
3. What was Harold's fourth grade teacher's recommendation for him?
4. Who wrote that "schools are theaters were we play out the conflicts in the culture"?
5. Why did Mike believe that most of the men were involved in the program?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)