|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Del tell about her writing project?
2. What does Del experience in the epilogue?
3. What has Del outgrown in this section?
4. What do Del and Naomi hope to see when they realize that Art is at Del's house?
5. How does Del feel about Frank Wales?
Short Essay Questions
1. On what events does Del base her story?
2. Who is Frank Wales and what is Del's opinion of him?
3. What happens each March at Del's school and who is in charge of it this year?
4. What are the setting and premise of Del's story?
5. What is the nature of the foreshadowing presented in this chapter regarding Mr. Chamberlain?
6. Who is Art Chamberlain?
7. Explain how the night of the dance further drives a wedge in Del and Naomi's relationship.
8. How does Del feel about Frank Wales after the operetta?
9. What are Del's feelings of being awkward while dancing with Clive?
10. How does Del delve into her love for words as she writes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the situation when more than one language exists within a country such as Canada? Explain the challenges of living in such situations.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the girls and women in Del's life. What role do they serve in her development? How does Del manage through the ups and downs with each of the girls and women in her life? What do they all have in common? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Uncle Benny. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Uncle Benny?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)