|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Art do out of sight of the others in the room?
2. Who does Del tell about her writing project?
3. What is the name of the family on whom Del bases her story?
4. On what part of her body does Art not touch Del?
5. Del and Naomi talk about sex and ___________________.
Essay Topic 1
Del loves to escape her world through reading and this becomes an important theme throughout the book. Name at least two other themes in the cycle of stories and cite two examples for each to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
As you might expect from the title, the author provides the perspective of how girls and women view the world. Choose two situations in the book which also involve men or boys and create a brief synopsis of how the males viewed the same situations.
Essay Topic 3
Del's refusal to look at Uncle Craig's dead body and her reticence to touch a dead cow are metaphors for Del's refusal to validate death. Explain what a metaphor is and why these examples support that definition. Can you cite any other examples of metaphors in the book?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)