|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Del carry her novel?
2. Which of the following is not what Del perceives about Naomi at her job?
3. Which of the following does not enter into Del's fantasies about Art?
4. Who is Frank Wales?
5. In what terms does Del not describe herself as she stands at the mirror?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Art Chamberlain?
2. Why is Del unable to finish her story?
3. How does Del envision herself as a sexual person for the first time?
4. How does Del describe how the students are screened to participate in the operetta?
5. How does Del feel about Frank Wales after the operetta?
6. Who is Frank Wales and what is Del's opinion of him?
7. What is the reason for the beginning of the end of Del and Naomi's friendship?
8. On what events does Del base her story?
9. What happens to Del after she and Naomi and their dates continue their evening at a hotel?
10. Explain the scenario of Mr. Chamberlain taking Del out to the country and his inappropriate behavior there.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting for the novel. Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did the writer choose this setting?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Uncle Benny. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Uncle Benny?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of religion in Del's life. Why is she so adamant about pursuing it in spite of her mother's derision? Does Del make an informed choice for a church home? Does she make a final decision she can live with? Explain.
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)