|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the beginning of the end of Del's friendship with Naomi?
2. Del explores the actual creative and ______________ process of creating a story.
3. What has Del decided to write?
4. What does Del learn about Miss Farris three or four years after the operetta?
5. What is the name of the family on whom Del bases her story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the foreshadowing presented in this chapter regarding Mr. Chamberlain?
2. How does Del envision herself as a sexual person for the first time?
3. What is the scenario when Mr. Chamberlain first behaves inappropriately toward Del?
4. What happens to Del after she and Naomi and their dates continue their evening at a hotel?
5. How does Del finally land a part in the operetta?
6. How does Del feel about Frank Wales after the operetta?
7. Where is Del in her life in the epilogue?
8. Who is Art Chamberlain?
9. What is the reason for the beginning of the end of Del and Naomi's friendship?
10. Explain the scenario of Mr. Chamberlain taking Del out to the country and his inappropriate behavior there.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Uncle Benny is not really Del's uncle but he has a huge role in her life. Explain the importance of Uncle Benny to Del. What does he supply for her that she cannot get from her real family?
Essay Topic 2
Del's story takes place in 1940s rural Canada. Project Del's character 70 years into the future. How different would she be if she were a 21st century character living in rural character? What would she be like if she were a 21st century character living in a metropolitan area?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the author's use of point of view in this story. Identify the point of view used and explain why this story qualifies.
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)