|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Del wear as she stands in front of a mirror?
2. What shocking question does Jerry's mother ask Del?
3. Where does Del spend the night?
4. The epilogue tells the story of how Del __________________.
5. Which of the following is not a reason that Del likes books so much?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reason for the beginning of the end of Del and Naomi's friendship?
2. Who is Art Chamberlain?
3. What happens each March at Del's school and who is in charge of it this year?
4. How does Del respond to Mr. Chamberlain's advances?
5. What happens to Naomi when her father realizes she had been out all night drinking and carousing?
6. What happens to Mr. Chamberlain after his time with Del in the country that day?
7. How does Del envision herself as a sexual person for the first time?
8. How does Del feel about Frank Wales after the operetta?
9. What is the nature of the foreshadowing presented in this chapter regarding Mr. Chamberlain?
10. Where is Del in her life in the epilogue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Del desperately wants to distinguish herself from her mother yet she is like her in many ways. Name some ways that Del is different from her mother as well as some ways that she is like her mother.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Uncle Benny. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Uncle Benny?
Essay Topic 3
Address Del's search for meaning in her life through religion? Do you agree with her process of elimination? What do you think Del is trying to find? Does she find it? Explain.
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)