|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Art mention that he has visited that intrigues Del's mother?
2. Who is Frank Wales?
3. Why does Art spend lots of time at Del's house?
4. Why is Del no longer able to see Frank at school?
5. In what terms does Del not describe herself as she stands at the mirror?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Del in her life in the epilogue?
2. What is the scenario when Mr. Chamberlain first behaves inappropriately toward Del?
3. What is the nature of the foreshadowing presented in this chapter regarding Mr. Chamberlain?
4. How does Del envision herself as a sexual person for the first time?
5. Explain the scenario of Mr. Chamberlain taking Del out to the country and his inappropriate behavior there.
6. What are Del's impressions of Naomi when she sees her at work one day?
7. How does Del respond to Mr. Chamberlain's advances?
8. What are Del's feelings of being awkward while dancing with Clive?
9. What happens each March at Del's school and who is in charge of it this year?
10. What happens to Mr. Chamberlain after his time with Del in the country that day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Address Del's search for meaning in her life through religion? Do you agree with her process of elimination? What do you think Del is trying to find? Does she find it? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Del Jordan. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Del?
Essay Topic 3
Del's refusal to look at Uncle Craig's dead body and her reticence to touch a dead cow are metaphors for Del's refusal to validate death. Explain what a metaphor is and why these examples support that definition. Can you cite any other examples of metaphors in the book?
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)