|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Chamberlain do when he picks up Del after school one day?
2. Which of the following is not a reason that Del likes books so much?
3. How does Del feel about Frank Wales?
4. Which of the following is not usual behavior between boys and girls at school at Del's age?
5. What does Del wear as she stands in front of a mirror?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the setting and premise of Del's story?
2. Explain the scenario of Mr. Chamberlain taking Del out to the country and his inappropriate behavior there.
3. What happens to Del after she and Naomi and their dates continue their evening at a hotel?
4. What are Del's impressions of Naomi when she sees her at work one day?
5. How does the cooperation necessary between cast mates alter the usual dynamic between the boys and girls in class?
6. What is happening to Del in this section?
7. How does Del delve into her love for words as she writes?
8. What is the nature of the foreshadowing presented in this chapter regarding Mr. Chamberlain?
9. What is the reason for the beginning of the end of Del and Naomi's friendship?
10. What becomes of Miss Farris and Mr. Boyce a few years after the operetta?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the situation when more than one language exists within a country such as Canada? Explain the challenges of living in such situations.
Essay Topic 2
Del desperately wants to distinguish herself from her mother yet she is like her in many ways. Name some ways that Del is different from her mother as well as some ways that she is like her mother.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the author's use of point of view in this story. Identify the point of view used and explain why this story qualifies.
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)