|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Art mention that he has visited that intrigues Del's mother?
2. Who comes to this town in Del's novel?
3. Del and Naomi talk about sex and ___________________.
4. The epilogue tells the story of how Del __________________.
5. Del bases her story on the events that happen to whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the scenario when Mr. Chamberlain first behaves inappropriately toward Del?
2. Why is Del unable to finish her story?
3. How does Del respond to Mr. Chamberlain's advances?
4. What is the nature of the foreshadowing presented in this chapter regarding Mr. Chamberlain?
5. What is the reason for the beginning of the end of Del and Naomi's friendship?
6. How does Del describe how the students are screened to participate in the operetta?
7. How does Del finally land a part in the operetta?
8. What happens to Naomi when her father realizes she had been out all night drinking and carousing?
9. Explain how the night of the dance further drives a wedge in Del and Naomi's relationship.
10. What are the setting and premise of Del's story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the situation when more than one language exists within a country such as Canada? Explain the challenges of living in such situations.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting for the novel. Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did the writer choose this setting?
Essay Topic 3
As you might expect from the title, the author provides the perspective of how girls and women view the world. Choose two situations in the book which also involve men or boys and create a brief synopsis of how the males viewed the same situations.
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)