|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the daughter of the family?
2. Where does Del carry her novel?
3. Why does Art spend lots of time at Del's house?
4. What is bothersome for Del about Miss Farris' death?
5. Which of the following is not usual behavior between boys and girls at school at Del's age?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Del's impressions of Naomi when she sees her at work one day?
2. What happens to Del after she and Naomi and their dates continue their evening at a hotel?
3. What is the reason for the beginning of the end of Del and Naomi's friendship?
4. What do Del and Naomi talk about and how do they manage to do it in secret?
5. How does Del delve into her love for words as she writes?
6. On what events does Del base her story?
7. Who is Frank Wales and what is Del's opinion of him?
8. What happens to Naomi when her father realizes she had been out all night drinking and carousing?
9. What happens to Mr. Chamberlain after his time with Del in the country that day?
10. What happens each March at Del's school and who is in charge of it this year?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Del Jordan. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Del?
Essay Topic 2
Address Del's search for meaning in her life through religion? Do you agree with her process of elimination? What do you think Del is trying to find? Does she find it? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of religion in Del's life. Why is she so adamant about pursuing it in spite of her mother's derision? Does Del make an informed choice for a church home? Does she make a final decision she can live with? Explain.
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)