Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Del's prays that she will _____________________________.
2. What type of newspapers does Benny collect?
3. How did Uncle Craig die?
4. What is the affliction of Aunt Moira's and Uncle Bob's daughter?
5. What is the name of the woman Benny brings home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Del manage the news that Uncle Craig has died?
2. Explain the scenario of Mr. Chamberlain taking Del out to the country and his inappropriate behavior there.
3. How does the cooperation necessary between cast mates alter the usual dynamic between the boys and girls in class?
4. What happens to Naomi when her father realizes she had been out all night drinking and carousing?
5. What are Del's feelings of being awkward while dancing with Clive?
6. How does Del feel about Frank Wales after the operetta?
7. What is happening to Del in this section?
8. Who is Art Chamberlain?
9. How does Del come to the realization that not all prayers are answered in the way one would like?
10. What happens to Del after she and Naomi and their dates continue their evening at a hotel?
Essay Topic 1
Del's story takes place in 1940s rural Canada. Project Del's character 70 years into the future. How different would she be if she were a 21st century character living in rural character? What would she be like if she were a 21st century character living in a metropolitan area?
Essay Topic 2
Even though Del does not finish her book, she carries it around in her mind. Knowing what you know about Del's book, create three different titles and synopses for Del's book.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the author's use of point of view in this story. Identify the point of view used and explain why this story qualifies.
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)