|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Del do one day when she is tired of repeating answers?
2. Where do Dill and Uncle Bill go to the grocery?
3. Which of the following do Del's aunts not do for the family?
4. Who is the main character of this book?
5. Who is the boarder that Del's mother takes in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Del's aunts move after Uncle Craig dies?
2. Who is Mary Agnes?
3. What is especially troubling for Del about the plan to kill Major?
4. What is Del's favorite of Benny's possessions?
5. Whatever happens to the turtle soup?
6. Where does Del live and how does she feel about her home?
7. What is the fate of Uncle Craig's manuscript?
8. How does Del's mother manage to have her children live in town during the school year?
9. What are some of the animals at Uncle Benny's house?
10. How old is Del in this chapter and what is her current quest in life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Del, Ada, Owen, Mr. Jordan and Uncle Benny.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Uncle Benny. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Uncle Benny?
Essay Topic 3
As you might expect from the title, the author provides the perspective of how girls and women view the world. Choose two situations in the book which also involve men or boys and create a brief synopsis of how the males viewed the same situations.
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)