|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Del's prays that she will _____________________________.
2. What type of newspapers does Benny collect?
3. How did Uncle Craig die?
4. What is the affliction of Aunt Moira's and Uncle Bob's daughter?
5. What is the name of the woman Benny brings home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Del manage the news that Uncle Craig has died?
2. Explain the scenario of Mr. Chamberlain taking Del out to the country and his inappropriate behavior there.
3. How does the cooperation necessary between cast mates alter the usual dynamic between the boys and girls in class?
4. What happens to Naomi when her father realizes she had been out all night drinking and carousing?
5. What are Del's feelings of being awkward while dancing with Clive?
6. How does Del feel about Frank Wales after the operetta?
7. What is happening to Del in this section?
8. Who is Art Chamberlain?
9. How does Del come to the realization that not all prayers are answered in the way one would like?
10. What happens to Del after she and Naomi and their dates continue their evening at a hotel?
Essay Topic 1
Del loves to escape her world through reading and this becomes an important theme throughout the book. Name at least two other themes in the cycle of stories and cite two examples for each to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Del, Ada, Owen, Mr. Jordan and Uncle Benny.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of religion in Del's life. Why is she so adamant about pursuing it in spite of her mother's derision? Does Del make an informed choice for a church home? Does she make a final decision she can live with? Explain.
This section contains 1,824 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)