|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group does Del's mother eventually join?
2. Which of the following is not present in Del's aunts' home?
3. What does Del's mother tell Del about Uncle Bill?
4. What does Aunt Moira call Del?
5. What job does Del's mother have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Del's favorite of Benny's possessions?
2. Whatever happens to the turtle soup?
3. What does Del learn about Uncle Bill shortly after he leaves?
4. What is Del's experience with prayer related to her sewing lessons?
5. What is the episode that evolves after Major kills a sheep?
6. How does Del behave when she no longer wants to participate in her mother's sales calls?
7. How does the story begin?
8. How does Del become a living sales prop for Del's mother's encyclopedia sales?
9. Explain Benny's penchant for clutter.
10. How does Del come to the realization that not all prayers are answered in the way one would like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Mr. Chamberlain. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? Does he have a personal code? What is his role within the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Del loves to escape her world through reading and this becomes an important theme throughout the book. Name at least two other themes in the cycle of stories and cite two examples for each to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Uncle Benny is not really Del's uncle but he has a huge role in her life. Explain the importance of Uncle Benny to Del. What does he supply for her that she cannot get from her real family?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)