|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Del's prays that she will _____________________________.
2. What type of newspapers does Benny collect?
3. How did Uncle Craig die?
4. What is the affliction of Aunt Moira's and Uncle Bob's daughter?
5. What is the name of the woman Benny brings home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Del manage the news that Uncle Craig has died?
2. Explain the scenario of Mr. Chamberlain taking Del out to the country and his inappropriate behavior there.
3. How does the cooperation necessary between cast mates alter the usual dynamic between the boys and girls in class?
4. What happens to Naomi when her father realizes she had been out all night drinking and carousing?
5. What are Del's feelings of being awkward while dancing with Clive?
6. How does Del feel about Frank Wales after the operetta?
7. What is happening to Del in this section?
8. Who is Art Chamberlain?
9. How does Del come to the realization that not all prayers are answered in the way one would like?
10. What happens to Del after she and Naomi and their dates continue their evening at a hotel?
Essay Topic 1
Address Del's search for meaning in her life through religion? Do you agree with her process of elimination? What do you think Del is trying to find? Does she find it? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Mr. Chamberlain. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? Does he have a personal code? What is his role within the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting for the novel. Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did the writer choose this setting?
This section contains 1,824 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)