|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Del's favorite place to be?
(a) Her bedroom
(b) The library
(c) The ice cream shop
2. Where does Del spend the night?
(a) The gazebo bench
(b) A hammock
(c) The floor of the veranda
(d) Her porch swing
3. Which of the following terms does Del not use to describe Naomi after she has been sick?
(c) More ladylike
4. What does Del change the family's name to in her story?
5. What is Art Chamberlain's profession?
(a) Radio station news anchor
(c) Retail manager
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Del have a special relationship?
2. The epilogue tells the story of how Del __________________.
3. What does Del experience in the epilogue?
4. How long does it take for Del to finish her novel?
5. What must the students participating in the operetta do during rehearsals?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the night of the dance further drives a wedge in Del and Naomi's relationship.
2. What happens to Del after she and Naomi and their dates continue their evening at a hotel?
3. What becomes of Miss Farris and Mr. Boyce a few years after the operetta?
4. What happens each March at Del's school and who is in charge of it this year?
5. How does Del describe how the students are screened to participate in the operetta?
6. What happens to Naomi when her father realizes she had been out all night drinking and carousing?
7. What is the nature of the foreshadowing presented in this chapter regarding Mr. Chamberlain?
8. How does Del delve into her love for words as she writes?
9. What are Del's impressions of Naomi when she sees her at work one day?
10. What are the setting and premise of Del's story?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)