|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the daughter of the family?
(a) She graduated summa cum laude
(b) She moved to Europe
(c) She got leukemia
(d) She committed suicide
2. Who does Del tell about her writing project?
(a) Aunt Elspeth
(b) Her mother
(c) No one
3. What role does Frank have in the operetta?
(c) Captain Hook
(d) The Pied Piper
4. In Del's fantasies, Art _______________.
(a) Fondles her
(b) Rejects her
(c) Sees her naked
(d) Kisses her
5. What is Art Chamberlain's profession?
(a) Retail manager
(c) Radio station news anchor
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the beginning of the end of Del's friendship with Naomi?
2. What does Del wear as she stands in front of a mirror?
3. What has Del decided to write?
4. What do Del and Naomi hope to see when they realize that Art is at Del's house?
5. Del bases her story on the events that happen to whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the foreshadowing presented in this chapter regarding Mr. Chamberlain?
2. What is the reason for the beginning of the end of Del and Naomi's friendship?
3. How does Del finally land a part in the operetta?
4. Why is Del unable to finish her story?
5. Explain how the night of the dance further drives a wedge in Del and Naomi's relationship.
6. What happens each March at Del's school and who is in charge of it this year?
7. What happens to Naomi when her father realizes she had been out all night drinking and carousing?
8. How does Del describe how the students are screened to participate in the operetta?
9. On what events does Del base her story?
10. How does Del delve into her love for words as she writes?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)