|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Del bases her story on the events that happen to whom?
(a) A queen
(b) A politician
(c) A local family
(d) The Mafia
2. Which of the following terms does Del not use to describe Naomi after she has been sick?
(b) More ladylike
3. Why is Naomi proud of Del at the dance?
(a) For acting like an adult
(b) For not getting drunk
(c) For winning a dance contest
(d) For drinking martinis
4. What is the beginning of the end of Del's friendship with Naomi?
(a) Naomi moves away
(b) Naomi gets a job
(c) Naomi gets very sick
(d) Naomi gets married
5. Why is Naomi furious with Del the next day?
(a) Del lost her favorite lipstick
(b) Del flirted with her boyfriend
(c) Del bailed on the group the night before
(d) Del burned a hole in her best dress
Short Answer Questions
1. On what part of her body does Art not touch Del?
2. What does Del's school host every March?
3. What does Mr. Chamberlain do when he picks up Del after school one day?
4. Who is Bella Phippen?
5. What beverage is Art drinking at the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Del delve into her love for words as she writes?
2. What happens each March at Del's school and who is in charge of it this year?
3. What becomes of Miss Farris and Mr. Boyce a few years after the operetta?
4. What is the scenario when Mr. Chamberlain first behaves inappropriately toward Del?
5. How does Del respond to Mr. Chamberlain's advances?
6. What happens to Naomi when her father realizes she had been out all night drinking and carousing?
7. What happens to Mr. Chamberlain after his time with Del in the country that day?
8. What is happening to Del in this section?
9. What story does the epilogue tell?
10. How does Del describe how the students are screened to participate in the operetta?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)