|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to this town in Del's novel?
(a) A new minister
(b) The circus
(c) A film crew
(d) A photographer
2. What is the reaction of the town's residents to the photographer's work?
3. In Del's fantasies, Art _______________.
(a) Rejects her
(b) Fondles her
(c) Sees her naked
(d) Kisses her
4. Where does Del spend the night?
(a) The gazebo bench
(b) Her porch swing
(c) A hammock
(d) The floor of the veranda
5. What does Art say happens to some girls in Italy?
(a) They marry U.S. citizens
(b) They become artists
(c) They are sold to men
(d) They become models
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Del say she and Naomi talk about every day?
2. What does Jerry ask Del at his house one day?
3. Del bases her story on the events that happen to whom?
4. What do Del and Naomi develop to communicate about the crushes they have on boys?
5. What does Del wear as she stands in front of a mirror?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Del after she and Naomi and their dates continue their evening at a hotel?
2. How does Del delve into her love for words as she writes?
3. How does Del feel about Frank Wales after the operetta?
4. What do Del and Naomi talk about and how do they manage to do it in secret?
5. What is the scenario when Mr. Chamberlain first behaves inappropriately toward Del?
6. What are Del's impressions of Naomi when she sees her at work one day?
7. How does Del respond to Mr. Chamberlain's advances?
8. What are Del's feelings of being awkward while dancing with Clive?
9. Why is Del unable to finish her story?
10. What is the reason for the beginning of the end of Del and Naomi's friendship?
This section contains 1,124 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)