|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Del's fantasies, Art _______________.
(a) Sees her naked
(b) Rejects her
(c) Kisses her
(d) Fondles her
2. Del and Naomi talk about sex and ___________________.
(b) Other topics unacceptable in Jubilee
3. What does Naomi's mother's book not address regarding sex?
(c) Birth control
(d) Any nuances
4. Why doe Miss Farris and Mr. Boyce come to Del's class?
(a) To teach singing
(b) To hold auditions
(c) To give out awards
(d) To listen to the students sing
5. What do Del and Naomi hope to see when they realize that Art is at Del's house?
(a) Art kissing Del's mother
(b) Art and Fern having sex
(c) Art's travel photos
(d) Art's new car
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Del outgrown in this section?
2. What city does Art mention that he has visited that intrigues Del's mother?
3. What does Naomi's father do to her when she gets home?
4. Who is Frank Wales?
5. Which of the following is not what Del perceives about Naomi at her job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Mr. Chamberlain after his time with Del in the country that day?
2. What is the nature of the foreshadowing presented in this chapter regarding Mr. Chamberlain?
3. What happens to Del after she and Naomi and their dates continue their evening at a hotel?
4. Explain how the night of the dance further drives a wedge in Del and Naomi's relationship.
5. What are the setting and premise of Del's story?
6. What do Del and Naomi talk about and how do they manage to do it in secret?
7. Who is Frank Wales and what is Del's opinion of him?
8. Where is Del in her life in the epilogue?
9. Who is Art Chamberlain?
10. What happens each March at Del's school and who is in charge of it this year?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)