|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Frank Wales?
(a) He is the boy who sits behind Del
(b) He is Del's cousin
(c) He is Del's prom date
(d) He is Del's math tutor
2. Who is Bella Phippen?
(a) The choir director
(b) The organist
(c) The librarian
(d) The head nurse
3. What does Jerry ask Del at his house one day?
(a) If he can see her naked
(b) If she will make brownies
(c) If she wants to get married
(d) If she wants to go steady
4. With what does Del have a special relationship?
5. Which of the following terms does Del not use to describe Naomi after she has been sick?
(a) More ladylike
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Del and Naomi develop to communicate about the crushes they have on boys?
2. What city does Art mention that he has visited that intrigues Del's mother?
3. What does Del learn about Miss Farris three or four years after the operetta?
4. Why is Naomi proud of Del at the dance?
5. What does Del say she and Naomi talk about every day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reason for the beginning of the end of Del and Naomi's friendship?
2. What happens to Mr. Chamberlain after his time with Del in the country that day?
3. What happens to Naomi when her father realizes she had been out all night drinking and carousing?
4. What happens each March at Del's school and who is in charge of it this year?
5. How does Del delve into her love for words as she writes?
6. What are Del's feelings of being awkward while dancing with Clive?
7. Why is Del unable to finish her story?
8. What becomes of Miss Farris and Mr. Boyce a few years after the operetta?
9. What is the scenario when Mr. Chamberlain first behaves inappropriately toward Del?
10. Where is Del in her life in the epilogue?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)