|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What first experience does Del have on the way to the Brunswick Hotel?
(a) Subway ride
(b) French kiss
(c) Cab ride
2. What does Del learn about Miss Farris three or four years after the operetta?
(a) She resigned
(b) She eloped
(c) She drowned
(d) She moved to Europe
3. Where do Del and the boy in #158 spend much of their time?
(a) The Pine Club
(b) DeDe's Diner
(c) The Blue Owl
(d) The Haines Restaurant
4. Why is Del no longer able to see Frank at school?
(a) Frank has different classes
(b) Frank transfers to another school
(c) Frank quits school
(d) Frank graduated early
5. What is Art Chamberlain's profession?
(a) Retail manager
(d) Radio station news anchor
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Del's profession now?
2. Which of the following is not a reason that Del likes books so much?
3. On what part of her body does Art not touch Del?
4. What year of high school is Del in in this section?
5. What happened to the daughter of the family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the night of the dance further drives a wedge in Del and Naomi's relationship.
2. What is the reason for the beginning of the end of Del and Naomi's friendship?
3. On what events does Del base her story?
4. What are Del's feelings of being awkward while dancing with Clive?
5. How does Del envision herself as a sexual person for the first time?
6. What are Del's impressions of Naomi when she sees her at work one day?
7. What story does the epilogue tell?
8. What are the setting and premise of Del's story?
9. Who is Frank Wales and what is Del's opinion of him?
10. Explain the scenario of Mr. Chamberlain taking Del out to the country and his inappropriate behavior there.
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)