|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The fictional town in Del's novel is much like ______________.
2. Where does the photographer go in the town?
(a) The Baptist church
(b) The town hall
(c) The library
(d) The school
3. What must the students participating in the operetta do during rehearsals?
(a) Practice tirelessly
(b) Suspend their mock hostility for each other
(c) Improve their voice projection
(d) Get measured for costumes
4. Why does Art spend lots of time at Del's house?
(a) He is painting the house
(b) He is having an affair with Fern
(c) He is doing some maintenance work
(d) He is tutoring Owen
5. How does Del get a part in the operetta?
(a) She has a beautiful singing voice
(b) She is the right height for the costume
(c) She bribes the judges with cookies
(d) She has a relative on the selection committee
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Del and Naomi hope to see when they realize that Art is at Del's house?
2. Who does Del tell about her writing project?
3. Del and Naomi talk about sex and ___________________.
4. Who is Bella Phippen?
5. Where do Del and Naomi go to a dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Del respond to Mr. Chamberlain's advances?
2. What happens to Mr. Chamberlain after his time with Del in the country that day?
3. Who is Art Chamberlain?
4. How does Del feel about Frank Wales after the operetta?
5. What are Del's feelings of being awkward while dancing with Clive?
6. Who is Frank Wales and what is Del's opinion of him?
7. What is the scenario when Mr. Chamberlain first behaves inappropriately toward Del?
8. How does Del finally land a part in the operetta?
9. How does Del delve into her love for words as she writes?
10. What story does the epilogue tell?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)