|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The next morning Del awakens with ________________.
(a) A hangover
(b) The flue
(c) A cold
(d) A migraine
2. What do Del and Naomi hope to see when they realize that Art is at Del's house?
(a) Art's travel photos
(b) Art and Fern having sex
(c) Art's new car
(d) Art kissing Del's mother
3. How long does it take for Del to finish her novel?
(a) Nine months
(b) She does not finish it
(c) Six months
(d) Two years
4. Where do Del and Naomi find a book about sex?
(a) The Internet
(b) The library
(c) A box in Del's attic
(d) Naomi's mother's hope chest
5. The epilogue tells the story of how Del __________________.
(a) Creates her story
(b) Travels the world
(c) Raises a family
(d) Plans her wedding
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerry ask Del at his house one day?
2. What do Del and Naomi develop to communicate about the crushes they have on boys?
3. Where do Del and Naomi go to a dance?
4. What does Mr. Chamberlain do when he picks up Del after school one day?
5. What is the beginning of the end of Del's friendship with Naomi?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Del respond to Mr. Chamberlain's advances?
2. Who is Frank Wales and what is Del's opinion of him?
3. How does Del envision herself as a sexual person for the first time?
4. How does Del feel about Frank Wales after the operetta?
5. What is the scenario when Mr. Chamberlain first behaves inappropriately toward Del?
6. What are the setting and premise of Del's story?
7. What is the reason for the beginning of the end of Del and Naomi's friendship?
8. What happens each March at Del's school and who is in charge of it this year?
9. What becomes of Miss Farris and Mr. Boyce a few years after the operetta?
10. What story does the epilogue tell?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)