|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Del bases her story on the events that happen to whom?
(a) A local family
(b) A queen
(c) The Mafia
(d) A politician
2. The fictional town in Del's novel is much like ______________.
3. Which of the following is not a reason given for Miss Farris' death?
(a) She was shot
(b) She committed suicide
(c) She slipped and fell into the water
(d) She was kidnapped and thrown into the river
4. How long does it take for Del to finish her novel?
(a) She does not finish it
(b) Nine months
(c) Six months
(d) Two years
5. What does Del change the family's name to in her story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not what Del perceives about Naomi at her job?
2. What is Art Chamberlain's profession?
3. What has Del outgrown in this section?
4. Where does Del go when she gets drunk and disoriented at the hotel?
5. Where does Del carry her novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Del's impressions of Naomi when she sees her at work one day?
2. How does Del describe how the students are screened to participate in the operetta?
3. What do Del and Naomi talk about and how do they manage to do it in secret?
4. What is happening to Del in this section?
5. What are Del's feelings of being awkward while dancing with Clive?
6. What is the scenario when Mr. Chamberlain first behaves inappropriately toward Del?
7. How does Del delve into her love for words as she writes?
8. What happens to Del after she and Naomi and their dates continue their evening at a hotel?
9. What happens to Naomi when her father realizes she had been out all night drinking and carousing?
10. What are the setting and premise of Del's story?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)