|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Del discuss what had happened with Mr. Chamberlain?
(b) No one
(c) Her mother
(d) Miss Farris
2. Why doe Miss Farris and Mr. Boyce come to Del's class?
(a) To give out awards
(b) To teach singing
(c) To hold auditions
(d) To listen to the students sing
3. Who is Bella Phippen?
(a) The head nurse
(b) The choir director
(c) The organist
(d) The librarian
4. What do Del and Naomi develop to communicate about the crushes they have on boys?
(a) A secret code
(b) Special handshake
(c) Cryptic notes
(d) Hand signals
5. What does Mr. Chamberlain do when he picks up Del after school one day?
(a) Tutors her in math
(b) Declares his love for her
(c) Exposes himself
(d) Takes her to dinner
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not usual behavior between boys and girls at school at Del's age?
2. What does Art do out of sight of the others in the room?
3. How does Del get a part in the operetta?
4. Who does Del dance with at the dance?
5. Where does Del carry her novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Del after she and Naomi and their dates continue their evening at a hotel?
2. How does Del envision herself as a sexual person for the first time?
3. How does Del delve into her love for words as she writes?
4. What happens to Mr. Chamberlain after his time with Del in the country that day?
5. Why is Del unable to finish her story?
6. What is the reason for the beginning of the end of Del and Naomi's friendship?
7. How does the cooperation necessary between cast mates alter the usual dynamic between the boys and girls in class?
8. What is the nature of the foreshadowing presented in this chapter regarding Mr. Chamberlain?
9. Who is Art Chamberlain?
10. What do Del and Naomi talk about and how do they manage to do it in secret?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)