|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Del's profession now?
(c) Interior designer
2. The next morning Del awakens with ________________.
(a) A migraine
(b) A hangover
(c) The flue
(d) A cold
3. What does Del learn about Miss Farris three or four years after the operetta?
(a) She moved to Europe
(b) She drowned
(c) She resigned
(d) She eloped
4. Which of the following does not enter into Del's fantasies about Art?
(a) His smell
(b) His occupation
(c) His body
(d) His face
5. What happens to Del and her friend, Naomi?
(a) They are asked to audition
(b) They are asked to sit down and stop singing
(c) They are picked for Homecoming court
(d) They are accepted by the same college
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocking question does Jerry's mother ask Del?
2. Why is Naomi proud of Del at the dance?
3. Where does Del carry her novel?
4. What favor does Mr. Chamberlain ask of Del?
5. Which of the following is not a reason given for Miss Farris' death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the scenario when Mr. Chamberlain first behaves inappropriately toward Del?
2. What happens each March at Del's school and who is in charge of it this year?
3. What are Del's impressions of Naomi when she sees her at work one day?
4. How does Del feel about Frank Wales after the operetta?
5. On what events does Del base her story?
6. How does Del finally land a part in the operetta?
7. Where is Del in her life in the epilogue?
8. What do Del and Naomi talk about and how do they manage to do it in secret?
9. How does Del delve into her love for words as she writes?
10. What is happening to Del in this section?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)