|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Del feel about Frank Wales?
(a) She cannot stand the sight of him
(b) She is madly in love with him
(c) She has a crush on him
(d) She has no opinion of him
2. With what does Del have a special relationship?
3. What does Del wear as she stands in front of a mirror?
(a) Her slip
(b) Her mother's dressing gown
(d) Her prom dress
4. What first experience does Del have on the way to the Brunswick Hotel?
(b) Cab ride
(c) French kiss
(d) Subway ride
5. What type of book is Del writing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Naomi furious with Del the next day?
2. What is the reaction of the town's residents to the photographer's work?
3. What beverage is Art drinking at the house?
4. Why is Naomi proud of Del at the dance?
5. What is Del's favorite place to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Mr. Chamberlain after his time with Del in the country that day?
2. Explain how the night of the dance further drives a wedge in Del and Naomi's relationship.
3. How does Del delve into her love for words as she writes?
4. How does the cooperation necessary between cast mates alter the usual dynamic between the boys and girls in class?
5. What story does the epilogue tell?
6. What happens each March at Del's school and who is in charge of it this year?
7. Explain the scenario of Mr. Chamberlain taking Del out to the country and his inappropriate behavior there.
8. What is the reason for the beginning of the end of Del and Naomi's friendship?
9. What are the setting and premise of Del's story?
10. Who is Frank Wales and what is Del's opinion of him?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)