|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Naomi proud of Del at the dance?
(a) For drinking martinis
(b) For acting like an adult
(c) For not getting drunk
(d) For winning a dance contest
2. Who comes to this town in Del's novel?
(a) A film crew
(b) The circus
(c) A photographer
(d) A new minister
3. What has Del decided to write?
(a) Benny's book
(b) Her life story
(c) A novel about Canada
(d) Her mother's story
4. What shocking question does Jerry's mother ask Del?
(a) How much money her father makes
(b) How much she weighs
(c) If she is a virgin
(d) If she has a diaphragm
5. What does Del's school host every March?
(a) A choir recital
(b) An operatta
(c) A piano recital
(d) A Shakespeare play
Short Answer Questions
1. What is bothersome for Del about Miss Farris' death?
2. What does Del change the family's name to in her story?
3. Which of the following is not usual behavior between boys and girls at school at Del's age?
4. On what part of her body does Art not touch Del?
5. Why does Art spend lots of time at Del's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Del in her life in the epilogue?
2. What is the nature of the foreshadowing presented in this chapter regarding Mr. Chamberlain?
3. What is the scenario when Mr. Chamberlain first behaves inappropriately toward Del?
4. What is the reason for the beginning of the end of Del and Naomi's friendship?
5. What happens to Naomi when her father realizes she had been out all night drinking and carousing?
6. What do Del and Naomi talk about and how do they manage to do it in secret?
7. What are Del's impressions of Naomi when she sees her at work one day?
8. How does Del finally land a part in the operetta?
9. How does Del describe how the students are screened to participate in the operetta?
10. What story does the epilogue tell?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)