|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Del wear as she stands in front of a mirror?
(a) Her slip
(b) Her prom dress
(d) Her mother's dressing gown
2. On what part of her body does Art not touch Del?
3. What favor does Mr. Chamberlain ask of Del?
(a) Search for letters in Fern's room
(b) Buy some cigars for him
(c) Shorten a pair of slacks
(d) Bake him an apple pie
4. Where does Del spend the night?
(a) A hammock
(b) The floor of the veranda
(c) The gazebo bench
(d) Her porch swing
5. What is Del's profession now?
(d) Interior designer
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Del safely say she loves Frank as the Pied Piper?
2. What happened to the daughter of the family?
3. What is Del's favorite place to be?
4. What do Del and the boy in #158 become known as?
5. Which of the following is not a reason given for Miss Farris' death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the night of the dance further drives a wedge in Del and Naomi's relationship.
2. How does Del delve into her love for words as she writes?
3. What becomes of Miss Farris and Mr. Boyce a few years after the operetta?
4. Explain the scenario of Mr. Chamberlain taking Del out to the country and his inappropriate behavior there.
5. What is happening to Del in this section?
6. What story does the epilogue tell?
7. How does Del describe how the students are screened to participate in the operetta?
8. What is the scenario when Mr. Chamberlain first behaves inappropriately toward Del?
9. What are Del's feelings of being awkward while dancing with Clive?
10. Who is Frank Wales and what is Del's opinion of him?
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)