|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reaction of the town's residents to the photographer's work?
2. What first experience does Del have on the way to the Brunswick Hotel?
(a) Subway ride
(c) French kiss
(d) Cab ride
3. Who does Del tell about her writing project?
(a) Aunt Elspeth
(b) Her mother
(d) No one
4. What has Del decided to write?
(a) Benny's book
(b) A novel about Canada
(c) Her mother's story
(d) Her life story
5. How does Del feel about Frank Wales?
(a) She has a crush on him
(b) She cannot stand the sight of him
(c) She has no opinion of him
(d) She is madly in love with him
Short Answer Questions
1. Del believes that if she had been born in ____________ she would have already received the answers to her sexual questions.
2. In Del's fantasies, Art _______________.
3. What does Mr. Chamberlain send to Fern?
4. What is happening to Del as this section opens?
5. Who does Del dance with at the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the scenario when Mr. Chamberlain first behaves inappropriately toward Del?
2. How does Del feel about Frank Wales after the operetta?
3. How does Del envision herself as a sexual person for the first time?
4. What is the nature of the foreshadowing presented in this chapter regarding Mr. Chamberlain?
5. Explain how the night of the dance further drives a wedge in Del and Naomi's relationship.
6. How does Del respond to Mr. Chamberlain's advances?
7. Why is Del unable to finish her story?
8. What story does the epilogue tell?
9. What is happening to Del in this section?
10. What happens to Del after she and Naomi and their dates continue their evening at a hotel?
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)