|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Art spend lots of time at Del's house?
(a) He is having an affair with Fern
(b) He is doing some maintenance work
(c) He is tutoring Owen
(d) He is painting the house
2. What does Mr. Chamberlain do when he picks up Del after school one day?
(a) Tutors her in math
(b) Declares his love for her
(c) Takes her to dinner
(d) Exposes himself
3. Where do Del and Naomi go to a dance?
(a) Danny's Disco Palace
(b) The Palladium
(c) The Crystal Ballroom
(d) Gay-la Dance Hall
4. Where does the photographer go in the town?
(a) The town hall
(b) The library
(c) The Baptist church
(d) The school
5. What does Del experience in the epilogue?
(c) World travel
(d) The process of writing
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Art mention that he has visited that intrigues Del's mother?
2. What does Mr. Chamberlain send to Fern?
3. Why is Del no longer able to see Frank at school?
4. Which of the following is not usual behavior between boys and girls at school at Del's age?
5. What is Del's profession now?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the scenario of Mr. Chamberlain taking Del out to the country and his inappropriate behavior there.
2. What do Del and Naomi talk about and how do they manage to do it in secret?
3. What is the nature of the foreshadowing presented in this chapter regarding Mr. Chamberlain?
4. What are Del's impressions of Naomi when she sees her at work one day?
5. Where is Del in her life in the epilogue?
6. What happens each March at Del's school and who is in charge of it this year?
7. How does Del finally land a part in the operetta?
8. What happens to Naomi when her father realizes she had been out all night drinking and carousing?
9. Why is Del unable to finish her story?
10. Explain how the night of the dance further drives a wedge in Del and Naomi's relationship.
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)