|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Art mention that he has visited that intrigues Del's mother?
2. In Del's fantasies, Art _______________.
(a) Fondles her
(b) Kisses her
(c) Sees her naked
(d) Rejects her
3. On what part of her body does Art not touch Del?
4. Who is Bella Phippen?
(a) The organist
(b) The librarian
(c) The choir director
(d) The head nurse
5. Which of the following is not a reason given for Miss Farris' death?
(a) She slipped and fell into the water
(b) She was kidnapped and thrown into the river
(c) She was shot
(d) She committed suicide
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Del and Naomi develop to communicate about the crushes they have on boys?
2. What do Del and Naomi hope to see when they realize that Art is at Del's house?
3. Who is Mr. Boyce?
4. What does Art do out of sight of the others in the room?
5. How long does it take for Del to finish her novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Del respond to Mr. Chamberlain's advances?
2. Why is Del unable to finish her story?
3. On what events does Del base her story?
4. What are the setting and premise of Del's story?
5. What do Del and Naomi talk about and how do they manage to do it in secret?
6. How does Del describe how the students are screened to participate in the operetta?
7. What is the nature of the foreshadowing presented in this chapter regarding Mr. Chamberlain?
8. Explain how the night of the dance further drives a wedge in Del and Naomi's relationship.
9. How does Del delve into her love for words as she writes?
10. What happens to Naomi when her father realizes she had been out all night drinking and carousing?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)