|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Del no longer able to see Frank at school?
(a) Frank quits school
(b) Frank has different classes
(c) Frank graduated early
(d) Frank transfers to another school
2. About whom does Del fantasize about sex?
(a) Art Chamberlain
(b) Michael Johnson
(c) Frank Wade
(d) James Hall
3. What first experience does Del have on the way to the Brunswick Hotel?
(a) Cab ride
(b) French kiss
(d) Subway ride
4. What does Del say she and Naomi talk about every day?
5. Who does Del tell about her writing project?
(a) Her mother
(b) Aunt Elspeth
(d) No one
Short Answer Questions
1. What must the students participating in the operetta do during rehearsals?
2. What does Del change the family's name to in her story?
3. Bella is given the job because it only requires the skills of someone ____________________________.
4. What is the beginning of the end of Del's friendship with Naomi?
5. Del bases her story on the events that happen to whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Del unable to finish her story?
2. How does the cooperation necessary between cast mates alter the usual dynamic between the boys and girls in class?
3. What are Del's feelings of being awkward while dancing with Clive?
4. What are Del's impressions of Naomi when she sees her at work one day?
5. Who is Art Chamberlain?
6. What becomes of Miss Farris and Mr. Boyce a few years after the operetta?
7. How does Del feel about Frank Wales after the operetta?
8. What is the reason for the beginning of the end of Del and Naomi's friendship?
9. What are the setting and premise of Del's story?
10. What do Del and Naomi talk about and how do they manage to do it in secret?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)