|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take for Del to finish her novel?
(a) Two years
(b) Six months
(c) She does not finish it
(d) Nine months
2. What is the name of the family on whom Del bases her story?
3. What does Del learn about Miss Farris three or four years after the operetta?
(a) She eloped
(b) She drowned
(c) She moved to Europe
(d) She resigned
4. Del explores the actual creative and ______________ process of creating a story.
5. With what does Del have a special relationship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Del's favorite place to be?
2. What shocking question does Jerry's mother ask Del?
3. Who is Mr. Boyce?
4. Which of the following is not what Del perceives about Naomi at her job?
5. What city does Art mention that he has visited that intrigues Del's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Frank Wales and what is Del's opinion of him?
2. What are Del's feelings of being awkward while dancing with Clive?
3. What happens to Naomi when her father realizes she had been out all night drinking and carousing?
4. What story does the epilogue tell?
5. What is the nature of the foreshadowing presented in this chapter regarding Mr. Chamberlain?
6. How does Del envision herself as a sexual person for the first time?
7. How does Del feel about Frank Wales after the operetta?
8. Why is Del unable to finish her story?
9. How does Del respond to Mr. Chamberlain's advances?
10. What becomes of Miss Farris and Mr. Boyce a few years after the operetta?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)